Indian Army Artillery

Enquirer

It is best to have the ability to make these artilleries than not. So, only 100 K9 were ordered to just get the feel of the technology and manufacturing.
You're making up stuff once again!
The number 100 was decided 20 years ago!! These are supposed to be part of the offensive strike corp - which is fast moving, nimble and small and enter behind the enemy lines!!
The towed guns on the other hand stay inside Indian controlled territory!

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
No. Army has not permitted start of Dhanush production and only from first batch of 12 will be produced

captscooby81

Country flag
A small doubt i have ..i don't see our Jawans wearing any Noise protection headsets when working around the Arty guns ...Don't these gun manufacturers provide couple of headsets along with each new gun purchased?........Just wondering working long term next to such high decibel Noise levels will sure cause ear damage and health issues ..Or is it the high generals and babudom giving a fuck about poor jawans health and safety..

here i am seeing the Canadian forces in Afghan using headset when arty firing

Arty.jpg

Last edited:

abingdonboy

Country flag
A small doubt i have ..i don't see our Jawans wearing any Noise protection headsets when working around the Arty guns ...Don't these gun manufacturers provide couple of headsets along with each new gun purchased?........Just wondering working long term next to such high decibel Noise levels will sure cause ear damage and health issues ..Or is it the high generals and babudom giving a fuck about poor jawans health and safety..

View attachment 29451
You know the answer! Health and safety isn’t even a thing in India, life is cheap. You see sailors without even head protection on the deck of Indian aircraft carriers.

cyclops

Country flag
Are we getting the GPS guided Excalibur rounds for the M-777?

Hari Sud

Country flag

View attachment 29451
Trial and training, you are right some protection will be an advantage. In the din of the battle when enemy shell may be coming towards you or in the vicinity or the enemy is firing from a vantage point, you want to hear the shell coming flying towards you. Most of the time an experienced gun captain & crew is able to tell by hearing the frequency of fire and time delay that how many guns are firing at you. Hence with headset you will block that observation..

abingdonboy

Country flag
Trial and training, you are right some protection will be an advantage. In the din of the battle when enemy shell may be coming towards you or in the vicinity or the enemy is firing from a vantage point, you want to hear the shell coming flying towards you. Most of the time an experienced gun captain & crew is able to tell by hearing the frequency of fire and time delay that how many guns are firing at you. Hence with headset you will block that observation..
This is nonsense. When firing a 155mm calibre gun there isn’t NO justification for not wearing hearing protection. There are weapon locating radars to provide firing solutions for counter-battery fire, there’s absolutely no way a human ear can provide such accuracy based on judgment alone.

Similarly you rarely ever see Indian soldiers wearing hearing protection when they are firing their rifles.

Hari Sud

Country flag
This is nonsense. When firing a 155mm calibre gun there isn’t NO justification for not wearing hearing protection. There are weapon locating radars to provide firing solutions for counter-battery fire, there’s absolutely no way a human ear can provide such accuracy based on judgment alone.

Similarly you rarely ever see Indian soldiers wearing hearing protection when they are firing their rifles.
How do you run to the trenches if you do not hear the shell incoming. Weapons locating radar comes into the picture 30 seconds later with a solution to counter fire. But block your ears completely and suffer the consequences.

One more thing - mind your language.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles