Indian Army Armored Vehicles

bhramos

Country flag
The Top one is operation within Army and Para-forces..

Rest are officially Prototypes..
These doesn't suit, War on Red Terror, they cant with stand 100-150kg Land mines, we need heavier versions, it may suit army, but not maoists...

see the proof...

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
How does "self-esteem" figure into this discussion ? Don't make stupid comments just for the heck of it. What's wrong with the Marksman, it is a good cost effective solution for our "domestic" security requirements. By that, I mean the police and the paramilitary forces, not the army. We can't just go around buying armored Humvees or similar vehicles for every internal security purpose, we need to devise indigenous solutions for all our requirements, and that's just what Mahindra is doing.

By the way, since you are pretty good at making over-smart comments, I would love to know what does Malaysia produce on its own for its armed forces ?? I don't recall anything. Also, maybe you are not aware that the Malaysian army uses the military version of TATA's 1613 medium truck for troop transport.

Indian Army version:

Malaysian army version:

It does not make much economic sense at the moment to be producing local fighting vehicles.

BTW, the 1613 is a very rugged and good looking truck and I would say should be the template of military vehicle design that should be emulated accross the board in India.

I simply cannot understand why would those cheap copycats be inducted into Indian service. The Marksman on the other hand looks like its been built to serve private bank security firms... It's backyard workmanship.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Well "self-esteem" entered into the discussion since it appears to me since the Indian services seems all too prepared to suffer riding and risking their lives in flimsy (and I must say ugly) looking copycats. Remember for "domestic" use?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
@ Kunal Biswas

BTW, don't be defensive. I know all those hardwares you posted. They're nice and everything. I just don't get it why India continues to suffer with second rate (supposedly new) military or police light vehicles. Surely, Indians can do a better job, and if the government insist on buying thes ame sort of craps, should push the government to induct only the best local produce. You're rewarding poor workmanship here...

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
These doesn't suit, War on Red Terror, they cant with stand 100-150kg Land mines, we need heavier versions, it may suit army, but not maoists...

see the proof...
Gud find..

Btw, their are no MPV that can edure such blast even M1A2 tank can be blown out..

Are these T-55 minesweepers? The last one is a BMP I know.
Yes, T-55 are mainly used for this job, The bmp2 with inf is Inf support for these T-55s..

It does not make much economic sense at the moment to be producing local fighting vehicles.

BTW, the 1613 is a very rugged and good looking truck and I would say should be the template of military vehicle design that should be emulated accross the board in India.

I simply cannot understand why would those cheap copycats be inducted into Indian service. The Marksman on the other hand looks like its been built to serve private bank security firms... It's backyard workmanship.
Well "self-esteem" entered into the discussion since it appears to me since the Indian services seems all too prepared to suffer riding and risking their lives in flimsy (and I must say ugly) looking copycats. Remember for "domestic" use?

@ Kunal Biswas

BTW, don't be defensive. I know all those hardwares you posted. They're nice and everything. I just don't get it why India continues to suffer with second rate (supposedly new) military or police light vehicles. Surely, Indians can do a better job, and if the government insist on buying thes ame sort of craps, should push the government to induct only the best local produce. You're rewarding poor workmanship here...
No, You are simple trolling here..

You don't have any Idea abt any Vehicle i posted here,

You dont know abt which level of Protection Markman gives,

U dont know what type of T-72s we use?

U dont even know why marksman suits us rather than Humvee or Any other?

Regarding trucks Stallion does the job well in IA why ?, Google around..

Don`t reply to my post, its not worth to do.

If so concerned open another thread..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles