Indian Army Armored Vehicles

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
What is the common trait of all the contenders? They are used by their domestic countries, they chose their designs over others. You cant keep importing and discarding your own IP. These will be used for the next 20-30 years. I am sure you can get quality and domestic design together.

In Russias case they are trying to shove down their last gen tracked and wheeled platforms. It's a joke.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
This is the best thing AN IMPORT GUY says, go and say the same thing to AMERICANS who chose their own Air tanker over SUPERIOR european tanker.
And then you will come to know WHY AND WHY Americans are best weapon makers, in that finding you will also find their WILL to project their weapons over others.
You are right. This is why I was wondering whether WhAP failed to meet all specification requirements in the evaluation trials.
Otherwise no reason to go for this evaluation. Single Window system didn't stop them from choosing Ak-1/203.

Last edited:

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
they’ll be replaced by OFB belt fed 7.62 LMG.
OFB has been producing the MAG 58s under license since........... I can't even remember the date. So what has stopped the army to replace these WWII ear Brens with those??!!

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
OFB has been producing the MAG 58s under license since........... I can't even remember the date. So what has stopped the army to replace these WWII ear Brens with those??!!
May be it's too heavy... 11 KG... but then again new belt fed LMG is also 9.3 KG.
then i remembered Negev LMG deal was also supposed to happen, whatever happened to that. :hehe:

MoD is trolling us....

Ghost68

May be it's too heavy... 11 KG... but then again new belt fed LMG is also 9.3 KG.
then i remembered Negev LMG deal was also supposed to happen, whatever happened to that. :hehe:

MoD is trolling us....
It was signed.

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Not that heavy considering the fact US armed forces have been using Browning M2 HMGs (~38 kg) mounted on their HMMWVs. Heck, even rag-tag African militias make frequent use of 'Technicals' which are basically just 4X4 civilian pick ups armed with HMGs or at times ZSU-2-23 AAA even!! And here we have what is supposed to be a super-pro army still using Bren on purpose-built military armored vehicles!!

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
they’ll be replaced by OFB belt fed 7.62 LMG.
Never imagined I would feel happy reading a news which says OFB‘s product will be used !

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles