Indian Army Armored Vehicles

Vinod DX9

Country flag
Tank Biathlon update....India survives first day at least, Azerbaijan even did better than us...China is far ahead

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Wasn't there a upgrade program to replace the existing engines of T-90 and T-72 with better engines?
Russians created such a ruckus when our guys wanted to change the radiator, forget engine...

Vinod DX9

Country flag
An integral armoured Hull for infantry Combat Vehicle is under development at R&DE(E). The segment of the hull has been realised. Testing of the hull segment is also completed. The top part of the hull, in one piece, has also been realised and the bottom part of the hull is under realisation. When completed, the weight saving as compared to metallic hull, will be around 35% to 40%.

Nebula

Country flag
Is there any way to know the results of tank biathlon 2018?

Last year there was an official website for the live videos and results

Flame Thrower

Too heavy.
It wont perform well in twists and turns

Whole track designed for tanks weighing close to 50 Tonnes

But arjun will perform good in shooting range.
Arjun is called desert Ferrari, I don't doubt its mobility..

I hope you understand the concept of ground pressure. Arjun maybe a heavy tank, but it has low ground pressure compared to T-72 or T-90. I believe it also has higher torque to weight ratio....

Nebula

Country flag
Arjun is called desert Ferrari, I don't doubt its mobility..

I hope you understand the concept of ground pressure. Arjun maybe a heavy tank, but it has low ground pressure compared to T-72 or T-90. I believe it also has higher torque to weight ratio....
I can see that you are an arjun fan.

But arjun is not designed to operate like that.

The track for race is too rugged for heavy tank like arjun.

If we send arjun, we wont see flying tanks like t72 in the ditch and the jumps.
Will be slow and steady. If the driver decide to go for the jump anyway, we will have a arjun who lost his suspension.

The hydro-pneumatic suspension makes it feel like a ferrari. But never send a ferrari for a mud race.

Hydro-pneumatic suspension is not as rugged and robust as torsion bar suspension.

Arjun is designed for precision hunting.

Nebula

Country flag
Send arjun to strong europe tank challenge.(If we get invite!!!!!) Thats a good place for our tank.
All are heavy there. Track is designed for hunting. Not for race.

Flame Thrower

I can see that you are an arjun fan.

But arjun is not designed to operate like that.

The track for race is too rugged for heavy tank like arjun.

If we send arjun, we wont see flying tanks like t72 in the ditch and the jumps.
Will be slow and steady. If the driver decide to go for the jump anyway, we will have a arjun who lost his suspension.

The hydro-pneumatic suspension makes it feel like a ferrari. But never send a ferrari for a mud race.

Hydro-pneumatic suspension is not as rugged and robust as torsion bar suspension.

Arjun is designed for precision hunting.
I am an arjun fan....

Good that you've noticed...

I know that hydropneumatic suspension is costlier, heavier than torsion and kind of maintenance unfriendly (not that they need higher maintenance except for oil pressure and seals checks) but I don't think they're weaker than torsion bar.

If something goinb wrong, torsion bar has habit of giving ample signs and warning sounds....But if something really goes wrong then you'd need just more than welding kit

By the way, are you familiar with ground pressure concept!? When going through muddy terrains, the ground pressure of the vehicle determines whether they'd get stuck or not.

Can you provide me a source stating that hydropneumatic suspension is weaker than torsion bar....!?Thanks in advance.

shiphone

Country flag
http://tank-biathlon.com/tankovyiy-biatlon-2018/

------------------------
power to weight ratio is more important in this so called 'biathlon' 'game'...

Russian keep using exclusive T-72B3M with the 1130hp engine against the T-72B3 with 840hp/1000hp? engine offered to other teams...the Acceleration performance and top speed(77km/h vs around 70km/h achieved in previous broadcast) superiority are so obvious...

you'd better try to calculate the power to weight ratio of your own tanks and then you might be able to find out whether it is wise to send them at high transportation cost...

but in this 'game',actually referee team rules ....lol

Last edited:

Nebula

Country flag
I am an arjun fan....

Good that you've noticed...

I know that hydropneumatic suspension is costlier, heavier than torsion and kind of maintenance unfriendly (not that they need higher maintenance except for oil pressure and seals checks) but I don't think they're weaker than torsion bar.

If something goinb wrong, torsion bar has habit of giving ample signs and warning sounds....But if something really goes wrong then you'd need just more than welding kit

By the way, are you familiar with ground pressure concept!? When going through muddy terrains, the ground pressure of the vehicle determines whether they'd get stuck or not.

Can you provide me a source stating that hydropneumatic suspension is weaker than torsion bar....!?Thanks in advance.

Ok just make it clear.

Our mechanics and engineers will allow our driver to make the jump with our arjun?

Or ask him to decelerate and dont jump?

If you can state that. Then im wrong about the whole misinformation.

The ramps and ditches make it difficult.

In arjun user trials we dont test it like that.

We looked for endurance in rugged terrain of our desert. Not ditch and ramps.

This is more like a tank race

bhramos

Country flag

TATA MPV , OFB Aditya MPV & Takshak APC .......................

WolfPack86

Country flag
This Tata Mini Truck can withstand even Land Mines and Grenades.

TATA DEFENCE MINE PROTECTED VEHICLE

The Armored Personnel Carrier (MPV) – 4X4 is an anti-mine protector, counter-insurgency life-saver that offers all-round protection. It is suitable for multiple applications and an ideal protection vehicle.

The Tata Mine Protected Vehicle saves lives through its ballistic and landmine protection features such as V shaped hull. It offers all round NIJ level 3 protection, provided spacious interiors for comfortable movement of troops with 10 gun firing points. Tata is manufacturing the vehicle in India for our Indian Army and thus making the Make In India Campaign a success. This vehicle will surely help our brave soldiers in fighting with more power with our enemies and would keep our soldiers on a safe side.

http://saadaludhiana.com/this-tata-mini-truck-can-withstand-even-land-mines-and-grenades/

WolfPack86

Country flag
Did Indian Army ordered Tata mine protected vechile even if they ordered why it is not coming in main stream media and defence web sites instead it is coming from local media.

bhramos

Country flag
Did Indian Army ordered Tata mine protected vechile even if they ordered why it is not coming in main stream media and defence web sites instead it is coming from local media.
not sure buddy, but they have entered into service IA or CRPF, Maharastra & Jharkand...

TATA MPV , OFB Aditya MPV & Takshak APC .......................

WolfPack86

Country flag
The Sprut-SDM1 light amphibious tank had an export variant unveiled here at #Army2018. (And yes, it’s on offer to the Indian Army.)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles