Indian Amphibious Force

Zebra

Country flag
It is total of 2

Canberra class landing helicopter dock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The deal with Spain's Navantia has nothing to do with cost of Lockheed F-35 deal.

$600 million...

Russia signed a contract Friday worth more than $1 billion to buy two French warships

Read more: Russia buys 2 Mistral-class warships from France | Fox News

Has nothing to do with nothing... $3.17 billion was the price of two ships.
Did I said anything about F-35?

What I am saying is, a deal like an aircraft's deal. That means, price of FAC is something else and price of contract award is different.

BTW, who will give a F-35 at this price?

For two Mistral ships, 1.37 billion euros ($1.9 billion).....

Sarkozy, Russia Sign Contract for Sale of Two Mistral Warships--- (Jan 25, 2011)
(Sarkozy, Russia Sign Contract for Sale of Two Mistral Warships - Bloomberg)

France Begins Mistral-Class Helicopter Carrier Construction---- (02 Dec 201)
Infomarine.net Maritime RSS news Aggregator - France Begins Mistral-Class Helicopter Carrier Construction

Australian deal,
Australian Navy to get new warships

charlyondfi

My own data says 1.2b euro, NOT USD, for the first two Mistrals ordered by Russia. Below link seems confirm my data: U.S. congresswoman says Russian-French Mistral deal threatens U.S. security | World | RIA Novosti

Still, everyone should be aware: deals like these big ships are hardly apple to apple comparison. In Russia's order, the ToT is limited -- seems only combat system, the Zenith 9, including source code -- but NO weapon, NO navigation, NOT communication, NOT flight control systems, especially the electricity propulsion that Russia Navy indicates its preference (perhaps under US pressure). Moreover, at Russia insistence, certain level of fitting will be done at Russia ship yard. All these should be very, very different from Juan Carlos case.

Last edited:

Zebra

Country flag
My own data says 1.2b euro, NOT USD, for the first two Mistrals ordered by Russia. Below link seems confirm my data: U.S. congresswoman says Russian-French Mistral deal threatens U.S. security | World | RIA Novosti

Still, everyone should be aware: deals like these big ships are hardly apple to apple comparison. In Russia's order, the ToT is limited -- seems only combat system, the Zenith 9, including source code -- but NO weapon, NO navigation, NOT communication, NOT flight control systems, especially the electricity propulsion that Russia Navy indicates its preference (perhaps under US pressure). Moreover, at Russia insistence, certain level of fitting will be done at Russia ship yard. All these should be very, very different from Juan Carlos case.
I think there are two Russia-France contracts, first for first two ships and second for another two ships.

Correct me if I am wrong, please.

Juan Carlos is a little STOVL aircraft carrier. The hangar can accommodate 12 aircraft, while six aircraft can be parked on the flight deck. The ship has two elevators.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Juan Carlos does have slightly more projection power than Mistral, but it is twice as expensive to build and operate. There is no better value out there than Mistral.

imd47

Juan Carlos does have slightly more projection power than Mistral, but it is twice as expensive to build and operate. There is no better value out there than Mistral.
the coust of the juan carlos i is the half of the mistral and the carterpilla diesels be more fuel eficence than the v32 of the mistral

imd47

The Australians are buying 2X Juan Carlos at $3 billion. $1.5 billion AUS per comes nowhere close to Mistral.
the cost of juan carlos I to the spanish armada be os 400 million euro for a better ship than mistral...... the overprice is for tenix ..........

commando elite

also the black insas lmg doesnot even has a proper sling some kind of white ripe is used as a sling..... may be shoelace

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
few LCH would be of great help along with ALH for evacuation of injured.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Sling is issued with all firearms except pistol and RL..

The solider using rope for a reason..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Regular issued stuff includes, Tin bucket helmet to all except the ones in CT ops..

Global Defence

New threads

Articles