Indian-American Sunita Williams headed to space in July

Blackwater

Indian-American Sunita Williams, a record-setting astronaut who lived and worked aboard the International Space Station for six months in 2006, is headed to the space once again in July.:thumb::thumb:

Williams is scheduled to take off on July 14 from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan with Flight Engineers Yuri Malenchenko of the Russian Federal Space Agency and Akihiko Hoshide of the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency, NASA said.

46-year-old Williams will be a flight engineer on the station's Expedition 32 crew and will become commander of Expedition 33 on reaching the space station.

According to NASA, Williams and her colleagues will be aboard the station during an exceptionally busy period that includes two spacewalks, the arrival of Japanese, US commercial and Russian resupply vehicles, and an increasingly faster pace of scientific research.

Williams, whose father hailed from Gujarat, was selected as an astronaut candidate by NASA in 1998. She was assigned to the International Space Station as a member of Expedition 14 and then joined Expedition 15. She holds the record of the longest spaceflight (195 days) for female space travellers.

She received a master's degree from the Florida Institute of Technology in 1995.

In the space, Williams and her team of astronauts plan an orbital sporting event to mark the Summer Olympics in London.

"I'm just looking forward to seeing the full capability of the space station, it's an experiment, not only the things that we're doing inside but also all the engineering that has gone into allowing us to dock new vehicles, do space walks, Russian and US. So, it's a pretty complicated vehicle now and I'm looking forward to being part of it," Williams said.

Indian-American Sunita Williams headed to space in July - Indian Express

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
An American going into space on an American spacecraft!

Good that she was an Indian once.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
She is American ,just American..ffs.

Sunny Leone....:D
Makes more sense in a way.

Would need her for the liberation of Indian women in the Bed..

They dont even kiss well during sex, Sunny Leon will show them how.

Haveing sex with a Indian girl is like humping a dry pillow. No mutual exchange... :rolleyes:

Blackwater

She's a AMERICAN citizen, why should we take pride ... :rolleyes:
Iam a Dutch citizen, does it mean my links to India has finished ??????:shocked::shocked:

Infact in my municipal records it is written " Burgur van India" means "country of origin India":thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Makes more sense in a way.

Would need her for the liberation of Indian women in the Bed..

They dont even kiss well during sex, Sunny Leon will show them how.

Haveing sex with a Indian girl is like humping a dry pillow. No mutual exchange... :rolleyes:
:pound::rotflmao:

Iam a Dutch citizen, does it mean my links to India had finished ??????:shocked::shocked:

Infact in my municipal records it is written " Burgur van India" means "country of origin India":thumb::thumb:
I wont consider PIOs as Indians per se. How can I? I am not talking about NRIs;)

Koovie

who cares about this shit lol..................
she even looks like a man

Koovie

I agree with you, but PIOs will always be of Indian origin! Some of the PIOs over here, act more Indian then the Indians!
There is nothing like "acting like a Indian". You either commit to the development of this country or not

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Wish her well!

American, yes, Indian, no. Wonder what's the obsession of the Indian media. Appreciate her as an American if you have to.

BangersAndMash

There is nothing like "acting like a Indian". You either commit to the development of this country or not
Kem cho Koovie bhai, maja ma cho? You have not understood what I was trying to say! Let me try another example!

The British born Jamaicans over here, act more Jamaican then the Jamaicans..........AYE-REEEEEEEEEEE.......YAH MON!!!!!!

Koovie

Kem cho Koovie bhai, maja ma cho? You have not understood what I was trying to say! Let me try another example!

The British born Jamaicans over here, act more Jamaican then the Jamaicans..........AYE-REEEEEEEEEEE.......YAH MON!!!!!!

these people havent even seen their countries and grew up in another culture while their mothercountries kept changing. The only bit of Indian culture they got to know is the culture which their parents or even grandparents saw when they betrayed my country. but I am not blaming the children, its not their fault, in fact I am one for myself and I still got the OCI card :sad:

Last edited:

BangersAndMash

these people havent even seen their countries and grew up in another culture while their mothercountries kept changing. The only bit of Indian culture they got to know is the culture which their parents or even grandparents saw when they betrayed my country. but I am not blaming the children, its not their fault, in fact I am one for myself and I still got the OCI card :sad:
I agree with some of what you say! The vast majority of POIs I know have visited India at least once! The betrayed your country bit, absolute nonsense, do you personally know the individual circumstances of the tens of millions of parents and grandparents that left India? It could be argued that India betrayed them! It is basic human nature to seek a better standard of living for ones family! I don't buy your betrayed my country nonsense.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles