Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

IndianHawk

Country flag
114 Rafale can't be bought because we don't ahev enough budget for that. There are other things too like- su30 upgrade, Tejas, helicopters, and transport aircraft c295 , then there are also awacs, tanker aircrafts. We can only buy Rafale in numbers if we forget about majority of these things.
36 more rafale will come as infrastructure is already there. That brings total to 72. Over the years 36 more could easily be bought later. That will bring total to 108. Interesting thing is development orca. If orca program goes ahead then rafale will be capped at 72 only.

IndianHawk

Country flag
I know that,what youbsaid is the reality. We simply dont have money to modernise our fighting force. but certain breeds are blabbering that 36 rafale is enough for paf blah blah. I was mentioning that one. You can check my reply to @rohit b3 post,i was supporting what he said.
You seem to be arguing in bad faith . Here you go on ignore list. Tata!!

abhay rajput

Country flag
36 more rafale will come as infrastructure is already there. That brings total to 72. Over the years 36 more could easily be bought later. That will bring total to 108. Interesting thing is development orca. If orca program goes ahead then rafale will be capped at 72 only.
36 more Rafale is sure because of common sense. No upgradation of bases is required+ indian specific enhancements will save nearly 40 million dollars on per plane but I am more worried about when it will be signed because it will still take 4-5 years for complete delivery after contract. Orca is different and will probably take nearly 1 decades for first flight . So just leave it for now .Tejas mk1a itself 2023

Hydra3

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
36 more Rafale is sure because of common sense. No upgradation of bases is required+ indian specific enhancements will save nearly 40 million dollars on per plane but I am more worried about when it will be signed because it will still take 4-5 years for complete delivery after contract. Orca is different and will probably take nearly 1 decades for first flight . So just leave it for now .Tejas mk1a itself 2023
Not sure, atleast for few years. The lockdown has costs us a lot.

Longewala

Country flag
Now you are agreeing that 36 is not enough. Where did i said that mki, s400 are irrelevant. I just said that despite of IAF being in ventilator, parikar managed to buy only 36 rafale. And it is not enough.
Who told you IAF is only going to buy 36 Rafale, you can't wake up suddenly and spend 20 billions on 100+ top end jets in one go.

We bought just 50 sukhois in 1996 and didn't have any money to buy more at that time. Surely that was not enough, we should have bought 272 of them in one go by your logic.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Probably after 2022. Since tedbf first flight is targated for 2026 orca might fly within a year too. Orca design will work in parallel as most things are common. And orca doesn't need as much strengthening as tedbf .

Important for IAF is mwf timing if mwf starts entering service by 2026 it will start filling numbers fast .

IndianHawk

Country flag
Who told you IAF is only going to buy 36 Rafale, you can't wake up suddenly and spend 20 billions on 100+ top end jets in one go.

We bought just 50 sukhois in 1996 and didn't have any money to buy more at that time. Surely that was not enough, we should have bought 272 of them in one go by your logic.
Back then mmrca was dragging on and we had no other Desi program bar lca. Now we have mwf and orca / tedbf in world they will eat into numbers of rafale. And rafale is far too costly compared to su30 mki. Iirc entire su30 mki program has cost us within 15 billions usd. While only 72 rafale would cost us 8+5 = = 13 billion usd.
That's why developing orca makes so much sense . If rafale was coming in su30 prices we would never have bothered with orca.

abhay rajput

Country flag
Probably after 2022. Since tedbf first flight is targated for 2026 orca might fly within a year too. Orca design will work in parallel as most things are common. And orca doesn't need as much strengthening as tedbf .

Important for IAF is mwf timing if mwf starts entering service by 2026 it will start filling numbers fast .
Don't be too much optimisc about orca. MWF and amca are main focus for next decade. And Isn't orca is for naval operations ..?

dude00720

Country flag
27 gave us more shame for us. I dont want another 27
This is exactly what PAF guys would say. Mig-21 shot down an F-16. Wow. Some flying by Pakistani fighter.

But, All propaganda apart. Let me give this to you. Pakistan got an edge over India in Sonia Gandhi time frame. People in India made money. Loot happened. But, we lost our edge.
But, then, it was always gonna be temporary. You guys imported ASRAAM. How long do you think it will last?

Pakistan's problem,is, it thinks , India is Delhi. And they handle delhi well.

But, India is in Hyderabad and Bangalore where Tejas MK2 is being made. Any average pakistani brain should be very very scared. Even old weather friend China is on it's way to becoming isolated like Hitler. No one likes them now.

By 2030 every single aircraft in India will outgun Pakistan. And, btw, dont forget the Indus Waters. Long drawn method to dry out Pakistan.

BE VERY SCARED.

JBH22

What is this guy Smoking Man.
IAF has 400+ 4th generation Fighters At any given time
24x7 o_Oo_Oo_O:dude::dude:
:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:
How come
Su 30MKi 272 units
Mig 29UPG 69 units
M-2000. 50 units

That brings us to 391 units with service availability rate of 50% it should bring the number to 200units.best case scenarios. Correct me if I'm wrong. I have excluded Mig 21 and SEPECAT Jaguar because it's not 4th gen.

WARREN SS

Country flag
That brings us to 391 units with service availability rate of 50% it should bring the number to 200units.best case scenarios. Correct me if I'm wrong. I have excluded Mig 21 and SEPECAT Jaguar because it's not 4th gen.
50 % Availability Rate is Of 2014 report Not War time
I added Mig-29K also +16 LCA Flying Daggers

Exercise Gaganshakti-2018

During the exercise, more than 11000 sorties were flown, which include approx 9000 sorties by fighter aircraft.

To sustain the tempo of operations on such a large scale, on a 24 x 7 basis, the training status of entire IAF was enhanced, especially the aircrew. All qualified and medically fit crew upto 48 years of age were made proficient and current by giving them re-validation training on combat assets, employed during the exercise. Even the technical manpower focused on their primary tasks and rehearsed their SOPs/ practices in the run up to the exercise. Over 1,400 officers and 14,000 men were pulled out of training establishments and deployed for the exercise, to augment existing resources.

Intense operations of this magnitude, in a short span of time, involved very close coordination with Airport Authority of India for airspace coordination. It was an endeavour of the IAF to conduct this exercise with negligible disruptions of civil traffic anywhere in the country. IAF had also activated a number of civil airfields to support combat operations during the exercise.

All operations were conducted in a Network Enabled scenario with a very high reliability of communications, networked air defence systems employing op enabling software.

Read Its 80 % In recent Exercise

A major highlight of the exercise was a very high availability and reliability of all combat assets including aircraft, missile systems and radars. High tempo operations also enabled the IAF to ascertain sustainability of the logistics chain.

IAF was able to achieve 80% serviceability of aircraft while radars and surface to air guided weapons maintained a serviceability of 97%, which included some of the legacy systems that were over 40 years old. Focused effort enabled a dispatch rate of more than 95% for the Combat Assets, 100% availability of Combat Support Systems and almost 100% dispatch rates of Combat Enablers. This had been possible due to good planning and dedicated efforts of our airwarriors as well as continuous support by DPSUs that is HAL, BEL and DRDO. Flight line unserviceabilities were promptly rectified by dedicated maintenance crew. The logistics stamina of the IAF and the ability to sustain continuous operations through day and night was put through a rigorous assessment. Contingencies such as repair of battle damaged aircraft and relocation, of essential services due to enemy air action were also practiced.

https://pib.gov.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=178885

Global Defence

New threads

Articles