Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

Akula

Country flag
What about Surya lanka exercise & IAF official source? Do tell..

I’m trying to understand it a bit more..
Last year an exercise was conducted in Surya Lankan, where Akash missile was fired along with Israeli missile. Akash missile was the best performer.
I don't know it is correct or not but I read somewhere that Akash missile intercepted Spice_2000 pgm.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Last year an exercise was conducted in Surya Lankan, where Akash missile was fired along with Israeli missile. Akash missile was the best performer.
I don't know it is correct or not but I read somewhere that Akash missile intercepted Spice_2000 pgm.
I don’t think anyone is commenting on efficacy of the Akash system.

My reading of the article is that It’s about storage and maintenance support.

Re-read the article again.

Akula

Country flag
I don’t think anyone is commenting on efficacy of the Akash system.

My reading of the article is that It’s about storage and maintenance support.

Re-read the article again.
Yes, it is about maintenance issue. As Akash missile is not canisterized, that's why it may be having maintenance issue.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Storage is no longer a problem, afaik it was solved 3 or 4 years back .

The article is a hit job , hodje podge of half lies and half truths sourced from different timelines to give legitimacy to its nonsense.

As for maintenance, the problem is not with system maintenance, but regular vendor maintenance as part of contractual agreements.

The article deliberately confuses the reader to give a wrong message.

As i said many times production technologies and QC by manufacturing companies need to be invested into. Otherwise during bulk production , some defective products will pass through.

And improve the MRO end .

Also stringent vendor certification must be enforced.

Last edited:

Bhurki

Indian Air Force to get deadly Akash missiles! Places order for 7 squadrons of Made-in-India missile system

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/othe...ns-of-made-in-india-missile-system/ar-BBXGNZG
Since Akash is deployed as a squadron, this thread is much better.
https://aninews.in/news/national/ge...iles-systems-top-iaf-officials20191204171932/
Total cost for 7 squadrons 5500 crore.
Sqd = 2 Batteries = 8 vehicle = 24 missiles
+ command post + radar for every battery.

captscooby81

Country flag
One more Squadron gets reduced and we are still playing musical chair with MMRCA-2 and also with Follow on order for Tejas MK1-A variant of 83 .and HAL will produce the jets in its la la attitude and deliver after 10 years .fucking everything related to armed forces is curse in this country . From IAF to HAL to DRDO to ADA everyone does their own part of screwing up the modernisation program

MiG 27 to pass into history, its last squadron to be decommissioned in Jodhpur on Friday

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...in-jodhpur-on-friday/articleshow/72959796.cms

Deathstar

Country flag
One more Squadron gets reduced and we are still playing musical chair with MMRCA-2 and also with Follow on order for Tejas MK1-A variant of 83 .and HAL will produce the jets in its la la attitude and deliver after 10 years .fucking everything related to armed forces is curse in this country . From IAF to HAL to DRDO to ADA everyone does their own part of screwing up the modernisation program
Unless theres some clouds lmof war ,this wont speed up. Indian mentality only works in full force when its under pressure.
Now its all la la la

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
The contract for Tejas Mk1A is to be signed at defence expo 2020.
Tejas SP-21 FOC was to have it's first flight in November this year but because of HAL workers strikes has been delayed to early January.
But probably we will get early delivery as SP-33,34 have hit the assembly line.
MMRCA drama will go on till end of next year.

captscooby81

Country flag
That shows everything whats wrong with our Defence modernisation urgency . I am sure HAL workers will go on strike when pakistan and china bombing us from both sides saying we are not happy with our benefits from govt and bla bla

These One lunch Two punch crooks will not deliver on time mark this post they will not deliver Tejas 83 order on time just wait and watch

Tejas SP-21 FOC was to have it's first flight in November this year but because of HAL workers strikes has been delayed to early January.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
The contract for Tejas Mk1A is to be signed at defence expo 2020.
Why wait till defexpo . Why not sign the damned contract ASAP for fks sake ! Already they took more than 2 fking years to decide on the contract ! Oh the number of swear words I feel like yelling on these asshole babus....

Knowitall

At defence expo 2020 due to some minor technicalities the MOD and HAL couldn't come to an agreement we are very close to signing the deal and it shall be signed once everything is sorted out.

Nothing to fear guys deal is on track it is also proceeding very fast the only problem is it is running in circles with no end in sight.

Narasimh

Country flag
So currently we will be left with these squadrons :
Su 30mki: ~10
Mig 21: ~5
Mirage 2000: ~ 3
Mig 29 UPG: ~3
Jaguar: ~6
Tejas: 1

So only 28 squadrons remaining. we have upgrades going on, so some won't be available out of this. Mig 21s will be phased out soon. And we are adding only 2 Rafale squads and Tejas is taking its own time. We will be at same level as PAF soon in numbers and should not even think of China.
With the slowing economy I dont see how we can resolve this without involving private industry to manufacture Tejas mk1a, mk2 in large numbers.

rohit b3

Country flag
So currently we will be left with these squadrons :
Su 30mki: ~10
Mig 21: ~5
Mirage 2000: ~ 3
Mig 29 UPG: ~3
Jaguar: ~6
Tejas: 1

So only 28 squadrons remaining. we have upgrades going on, so some won't be available out of this. Mig 21s will be phased out soon. And we are adding only 2 Rafale squads and Tejas is taking its own time. We will be at same level as PAF soon in numbers and should not even think of China.
With the slowing economy I dont see how we can resolve this without involving private industry to manufacture Tejas mk1a, mk2 in large numbers.
Roughly 15 Sq of Su-30MKI . 260 jets @ 18 per Sq
4 Squ of Mig29, not 3

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles