Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

Defenceanalyst91

In another recent development for the Su-30, the Indian defense ministry sent an official request to Russia’s Federal Service for Military Technical Cooperation (FSVTS) and Rosoboronexport arms vendor for 18 additional Su-30MKI assembly kits, a potential deal confirmed by FSVTS officials. If the sides agree on price—an estimated $1.1 billion—and delivery terms, the purchase will come under the previously signed framework agreement between Moscow and New Delhi covering the assembly of the type at Hindustan Aeronautic Limited (HAL)’s plant at Nasik. Under the wider deal, Russia has already supplied 272 such aircraft in both operable (50) and knocked-down kit (222) form. Some of the kits are still in the process of assembly at HAL. Reportedly, shipments of the additional kits should commence in 2020. If all goes to plan, the Indian air force will have 14 squadrons equipped with the Su-30MKI.
And then our fanboys boasting about manufacturing Su30 including engine in India under ToT:rofl::rofl:.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Varun Shakti 2019.

LCA Tejas had again failed in A2A role today. R77 proximity fuse had again failed to activate for banshee target.

I remember same thing happened in 2017 if I remember correctly...

binayak95

Country flag
Varun Shakti 2019.

LCA Tejas had again failed in A2A role today. R77 proximity fuse had again failed to activate for banshee target.

Not failure of Tejas, failure of R77.

Which is why we are pushing for ASRAAM integration across the board. As well as Python 5

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Varun Shakti 2019.

Have you seen the entire video?
It was a R-73 and the commentator clearly says that since the target is small, the proximity fuse didn't activate.

It means R-73E can't be used to shoot down lacm like Babur.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Its failure of r73...which is unable to shoot small targets.........so we are going for asraam....

rone

Country flag
Not failure of Tejas, failure of R77.

Which is why we are pushing for ASRAAM integration across the board. As well as Python 5
nope in that r77 was hit but it was not that much visible in video u have to watch number of times to see it properly

Narasimh

Country flag
nope in that r77 was hit but it was not that much visible in video u have to watch number of times to see it properly
you mean R-73..the IR missile. R-77 is long range radar guided one and I think that's not mated with LCA yet.

Maddy_9UY

Country flag
This year was better than the last year. Loved the flares display by C-130. Wanted to see LCH in action but Rudra was equally menacing.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles