Indian Air Force admits can’t fight China, Pak at the same time

garg_bharat

Country flag
Isn't it strange that India a nation which tried to prevent wars and be a good boy has no allies and Pakistan actively involved and always up for sale has many? Much if this can be traced back to India's involvement in the failure of a non aligned movement and failure of politicians.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My friend, the wealth of the world's super-rich is centered around creating unfair advantage. Unfair advantage is created by manipulation and corruption. War is just another face of societal manipulation.

I have already said before, Pakistan is a tool to keep Hindus in their place. Pakistan has nukes and missiles for exactly this purpose. Pakistan's scientific establishment is a sham. Its education system is a sham. Pakistan is a glowing case (along with Israel) of failure of non-proliferation.

There is no good boy or bad boy, where good boy gets rewarded for good behaviour.

India has earned its place (for example in software industry) by sheer hard work, and not by some kindness of Uncle.

Country flag
My friend, the wealth of the world's super-rich is centered around creating unfair advantage. Unfair advantage is created by manipulation and corruption. War is just another face of societal manipulation.

I have already said before, Pakistan is a tool to keep Hindus in their place. Pakistan has nukes and missiles for exactly this purpose. Pakistan's scientific establishment is a sham. Its education system is a sham. Pakistan is a glowing case (along with Israel) of failure of non-proliferation.

There is no good boy or bad boy, where good boy gets rewarded for good behaviour.

India has earned its place (for example in software industry) by sheer hard work, and not by some kindness of Uncle.
Nice example .but without national security as a priority anything earned will also be a struggle to keep. Software is more or less India doing grunt work for other foreign nationals to profit. Not one Indian software company in top ten globally (do not name outsourcing companies)

Last edited:

garg_bharat

Country flag
Nice example .but without national security as a priority anything earned will also be a struggle to keep

Agree. But the security must come by improvements in the system. The attitude that just throw money at the problem must go.

Sustainability will come from efficiency.

Country flag
Agree. But the security must come by improvements in the system. The attitude that just throw money at the problem must go.

Sustainability will come from efficiency.
Until a real effort is made to produce indigenous weapons is made it will be same song and dance

salute

@salute, your theory is impossible in case of Pakistan and India.
Theoretically anything can happen. But does not happen. Actual events happen according to the real capabilities of nations.
thats what happened during cuban missile crisis,

usa showed its capability to the world,their own military commanders were against such plan and did not trust it,
but they resolved that crisis without firing a shot at ussr or cuba, thats what superpower is,

danger was even a warning shot could be mistaken as an attack and it gonna start full scale war with ussr anyway,
while if ussr decides to go all at once they would get upper hand by launching before and against usa or move onto nato,

usa strategy was based on need of immediate response but with avoiding the war,
not same strategy gonna work here but maybe something like that.

chex3009

Country flag
An interesting infographic that shows double dealing of USA.

OT - Add to the list our very own Al-Bakistan and this list becomes the migraine of the world. No wonder these powers create one monster after the other just to have some kind of authority and stay relevant in world affairs. Disgusting; to say the least.

no smoking

Country flag
Isn't it strange that India a nation which tried to prevent wars and be a good boy has no allies
Firstly, you didn't try to prevent wars, instead you started wars when it suited you;
Secondly, you are not a good boy either, you are simply looking after your national interest which is "good" for yourselves;
Finally, you want to be a superpower and nobody likes it.

and Pakistan actively involved and always up for sale has many?
Because they are very valuable in counterbalance you know who.

Much if this can be traced back to India's involvement in the failure of a non aligned movement and failure of politicians.
Don't underestimate your role in non aligned movement. You were not merely involved in it, you were actually the leader of this organization. You wanted be seen as the power besides US and Soviet, so you received the treatment of a power. It is a fair game.

Reactions: Neo
Country flag
Firstly, you didn't try to prevent wars, instead you started wars when it suited you;
Secondly, you are not a good boy either, you are simply looking after your national interest which is "good" for yourselves;
Finally, you want to be a superpower and nobody likes it.

Because they are very valuable in counterbalance you know who.

Don't underestimate your role in non aligned movement. You were not merely involved in it, you were actually the leader of this organization. You wanted be seen as the power besides US and Soviet, so you received the treatment of a power. It is a fair game.
Name one war india started? Where does it say India wants to be a superpower ? You are confusing India with China. Non aligned movement was a total failure and waste of time. Who was a leader in non aligned movement? India in reality was a Soviet ally/lackey

garg_bharat

Country flag
Name one war india started? Where does it say India wants to be a superpower ? You are confusing India with China. Non aligned movement was a total failure and waste of time. Who was a leader in non aligned movement? India in reality was a Soviet ally/lackey
Different people can see the same event with different angle and reach distinct conclusions.

It is fair that Chinese saw India with suspicion. USA behaved the same way.

Going forward, the best option for India is to keep clear of China-USA problems.

Country flag
Different people can see the same event with different angle and reach distinct conclusions.

It is fair that Chinese saw India with suspicion. USA behaved the same way.

Going forward, the best option for India is to keep clear of China-USA problems.
I think the whole premise of US-India relations improving and strengthening has to do with China? I would say relations are good but it is not a strategic relation like India and Russia had in the past? And I doubt it can get to that point because USA always balances relations between countries . China /Japan , Saudis/Israel etc....

garg_bharat

Country flag
yes it is called zero sum game. If one party starts gaining, USA will take actions to counter-balance. The objective is to keep competitors hemmed in their pens.

India's primary objective is all round progress of Indian people. Military is just one facet of this objective.

garg_bharat

Country flag
USA has started seeing China as a threat. But remember it was not so just 12-13 years back. Even now the maximum number of foreign students in USA come from China.

So we have to wait and see how it evolves. There is no need to make policy in a hurry.

smestarz

Country flag
When it comes to Defense acquisitions BJP and Congi are same.

A funny example of pathetic defense procurement was seen during Siachen op.

When India was shortlisting, inviting tenders for High altitude gear Paki Army already bought the gear and was about to annex Siachen :lol:
YES and thats why in Pakistan, the army gets chunk of the budget and rest goes to the people welfare.
in past decades since freedom, how many years was india ruled by Military general overthrowing the govt in Miltiary coup, and how many years has happened in india?

smestarz

Country flag
When I was in primary school, I used to have a fantasy that one day some terrorists will attack my school and I will alone defeat all of them and save all my classmates and teachers and become their favorite. It was the time Shaktimaan was very popular, so many kids those days had such fantasies. It is the same fantasy that the IAF harbors. Maybe even they are influenced by Shaktimaan logic. The IAF cooks up extraordinarily improbable threat scenarios and builds their entire hypothesis on that assumption of worst case scenario. Pakistan, China, Nepal, Bhutan, Maldives, everyone will attack us, we have insufficient planes. We need at least a million squadrons to win a war against all these nations combined but government is not giving us money.

The IAF needs a dressing down. Our air assets should be split into four groups :
  • Air superiority group (stealth, electronic warfare, air domination)
  • Aerospace warfare group (exo-atmospheric assets like satellites, high altitude surveillance planes, strategic bombers)
  • Deep strike group (fighter-bomber aircraft, anti-radiation missile carriers)
  • Close air-support group (short range interceptors, multirole ground attack aircraft)
Give the first one to IAF, give the second one to a separate Space Command, third one to Navy, fourth one to Army. There is no need for IAF to have all the monopoly on these expensive toys which they are mismanaging.
I might not fully agree with you
But yes. Space command should be independent, should not be part of air force
Air force should have air superiority, Stealth EW air domination) even the Navy should have a corresponding group but both Sea and shore based

Air transport: and air logistics should be handled by Air force

Deep strike should be handled by Air force using their bases and by Navy using their bases

CAS should be handled by each force indepedently and co-ordinating, for example
Army handles CAS using its choppers
Air force supports air force using its choppers and planes (we dont have CAS plane but can use Jaguars and Hawk)
Navy ussd its assets to support naval landing and also supported by air force .

Superdefender

No, India should remain non-aligned. We have to learn to take advantage of the situation; a quality we severly lack compared to China. You just can't aspire to be a future superpower and bow to the pressure of other nations. Create an ironic image of yourself and try to grow by yourself instead of being a puppet of others. You will not regret this in future.

Superdefender

No, India should remain non-aligned. We have to learn to take advantage of the situation; a quality we severly lack compared to China. You just can't aspire to be a future superpower and bow to the pressure of other nations. Create an ironic image of yourself and try to grow by yourself instead of being a puppet of others. You will not regret this in future.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
YES and thats why in Pakistan, the army gets chunk of the budget and rest goes to the people welfare.
in past decades since freedom, how many years was india ruled by Military general overthrowing the govt in Miltiary coup, and how many years has happened in india?
Totally unrelated to the thread and poor Defence acquisition by India, irrespective of govt.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Totally unrelated to the thread and poor Defence acquisition by India, irrespective of govt.
Why do you say so?? BJP has been in power around 7 years out of 68 years. Don't you think your judgement is premature??

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles