India's tanks, combat vehicles to get night-vision devices

Damian

Yes, why do not you throw some light on the night vision devices on tank T- 80 UD ? You are an expert on that ...
T-80UD used by Pakistan forces uses more advanced FCS with thermal sight. Thermal sight used can be of different types (just like in case of T-90S).

This is what KMDB design bureau says.

The T-80UD is fitted with an advanced fire control system, and either the gunner or commander can lay and fire the main armament at stationary and moving targets while the tank is stationary or moving with a high first round hit probability.

The fire control system comprises a gunner's 1G46 day sight, gunner's TO1-KO1E night vision system, commander's PNK-4S observation and sighting system, PZU-7 anti-aircraft sight, 1ETs29 anti-aircraft machine gun mount control system, 1V528-1 ballistic computer with input information sensors, 2E42 armament stabiliser and other devices.

The gunner's 1G46 day sight has a two-axis stabilised line of sight and incorporates a laser range-finder and a missile guidance capability.

In the standard version the gunner has a TO1-KO1E sighting system with TPN-4E image intensification sight, but as an option, the Buran-Catherine-E thermal imaging sight can be fitted.

The commander's PNK-4S observation and sighting system comprises a commander's TKN-4S combined day/night sight and a gun position sensor. The commander's TKN-4S combined sight is stabilised in the vertical plane and has three channels: a day unity vision channel, a day channel with magnification of x8 and a night channel with magnification of 5.4x. A simple switch enables the commander to change from the daylight channel to the night (image intensification) channel and back again.

The commander's anti-aircraft sight enables the commander to engage air targets by using the anti-aircraft machine gun from within the safety of the turret.

In order to calculate ballistic corrections, the 1V528-1 ballistic computer automatically takes into account all the inputs from the sensors including tank speed, angular target speed, gun trunnion axis cant, crosswind speed, target range, and course angle. Additionally, the following parameters are manually input: ambient air temperature, charge temperature, barrel wear ambient air pressure and so on. The computer also computes the time when the high-explosive fragmentation projectile with controlled detonation should be detonated over the target.

The fire control system has a so-called fire gating capability, i.e., after the gun firing button has been pushed, the gun will only fire when the misalignment between the line of sight and the gun bore axis is within pre-determined limits. The fire gate size is adjusted when calibrating the fire control system after installing it in the tank.

To enable a broad sector of terrain to be observed, the crew members are provided with unity magnification periscope vision blocks.
Standard T-80UD used by Russian Army do not have thermal sight (it can be installed tough) and uses active IR night vision device.

http://www.morozov.com.ua/eng/body/addburan.php

About Buran-Catherine-E thermal sight.

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
T-80UD used by Pakistan forces uses more advanced FCS with thermal sight. Thermal sight used can be of different types (just like in case of T-90S).

This is what KMDB design bureau says.

Standard T-80UD used by Russian Army do not have thermal sight (it can be installed tough) and uses active IR night vision device.

KMDB - Buran-Catherine-E Thermal Imaging Sight

About Buran-Catherine-E thermal sight.
Oh very less NVD components ...

with the French or Isreali NVD we can take on T- 80 UD outright..

Damian

Actually Pakistani T-80UD also use French TI sights, Buran-Catherine-E are using french components builded in Bellarus by company Peleng.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Actually Pakistani T-80UD also use French TI sights, Buran-Catherine-E are using french components builded in Bellarus by company Peleng.
No problems ...

Tanks now need to develop ice packs to be mounted on them... thermal coolers and also fire flares TI blinding hot chaffs ahead of them.... Tanks should now be painted with ice cold chemical solutions..

Even then tanks would not win battles...... gone are the days of horses... just see what is happening in Turkey..

For indian environment like in desert or plains every thing would be cooler than a tank during night...

then boom.. of a TI mounted double attack missile

What about the Indian tanks being inside water ditches in defense... no TI detection, wah... wah... all tanks to be inside canals...

Last edited:

Damian

Tanks now need to develop ice packs to be mounted on them... thermal coolers and also fire flares TI blinding hot chaffs ahead of them.... Tanks should now be painted with ice cold chemical solutions..
Multispectral camouflage paints and nets are already avaiable for tanks. For example Intermat multispectral camouflage paints made tanks nearly invisible in thermal sights.

Even then tanks would not win battles...... gone are the days of horses... just see what is happening in Turkey..
And what happens in Turkey? Oh you mean Syria, but Syrian Army is poorly trained, poorly equiped (their tanks are obsolete) and their tactics, well, they seems to lack any sort of tactics.

For indian environment like in desert or plains every thing would be cooler than a tank during night...

then boom..

What about the Indian tanks being inside water ditches in defense... no TI detection wah...
As above, there are solutions that makes tanks invisible in thermal sights. Be it paints or camouflage nets like for example Barracuda, Nagidka, Kontrast or Berberys.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Multispectral camouflage paints and nets are already avaiable for tanks. For example Intermat multispectral camouflage paints made tanks nearly invisible in thermal sights.

And what happens in Turkey? Oh you mean Syria, but Syrian Army is poorly trained, poorly equiped (their tanks are obsolete) and their tactics, well, they seems to lack any sort of tactics.

As above, there are solutions that makes tanks invisible in thermal sights. Be it paints or camouflage nets like for example Barracuda, Nagidka, Kontrast or Berberys.
Thank you Damian, you are giving me ideas... I will put all tanks inside a linear water flowing canals so that appraoching tanks do not detect my tanks.... or I shall construct brick lined pond at regular intervals filled with water and put half squarden in ech pond waiting for T- 80 UD...

and then boom.... APFSD or Tendom warhead heat and T- 80 UD gone ... Ha Ha ha...

Last edited:

Damian

Thank you Damian, you are giving me ideas... I will put all tanks inside a linear water flowing canals so that appraoching tanks do not detect my tanks....
? Why for? As I said, there are solutions already avaiable on world wide market, cheap and reliable (compared to some electronic gizmos). Sarcasm is not nececary here.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
? Why for? As I said, there are solutions already avaiable on world wide market, cheap and reliable (compared to some electronic gizmos). Sarcasm is not nececary here.
Come on I gave you cheaper and practical solutions for Indian conditions... well how many times have you seen a dry and water flowing canal... and tanks inside it? why should I pay to you when I can have my own cheaper solutions..

Damian

Come on I gave you cheaper and practical solutions for Indian conditions... well how many times have you seen a dry and water flowing canal... and tanks inside it? why should I pay to you when I can have my own cheaper solutions..
India can design it's own multispectral camouflage painst or nets (or both) as well.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
India can design it's own multispectral camouflage painst or nets (or both) as well.
Thanks for providing such solutions.. Our D O D O S will surely emarks on your suggestions but as tank commander I would embark on mine..

bhramos

Country flag

how many T-90 are produced in HVF, Avadi per year...!!!

looks like 40-50 have being Transported from Chennai Central Railway Station at a time...

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Tactical nuclear use by Pakistan seems to be more connected to a military threshold as described below rather than targets of opportunity.

Nuclear doctrine of Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But the thread is about night vision/thermal imaging devices, not armor and tactical nukes!
Then what would be the preemptive strikes on forces opposite the critical araes... ??

I hope we understand military targets or counter force targets for tactical military nuclear weapons including used in preemptions...

60 tanks on the way to a the middle size Pakistani town which is a good communication center but botled up at the crossing over the minfield in the middle areas of Pakistan (such as shown in the video) would be lucrative counter force target..

well, that may the threshold for premptive strike at the very begining itself on targets that threaten vital araes opposite.

Pakistan has no nuclear doctrine nor the thresholds are defined.. It is understood when their life lines are threatened they may use nuclear weapons or they may use nuclear weapons as terrorists nation..

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Please have a heart !

Camouflage by nets and paints is to decieve eyes and not thermal signature repressors. Paint would not lessons the heat of the tank...

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>

Trolling again ?!.. :cool2:

Please have a heart !

Camouflage by nets and paints is to decieve eyes and not thermal signature repressors. Paint would not lessons the heat of the tank...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles