India's Self-Reliant Missile Journey

Country flag
LF i was talking about cruise missile............................................. Dr. Kalam has said about turning SAM for cruise or ballistic missile, Prahaar is one such missile, Akash has range of 35 km.
We have so many ramjet missiles from Russia Klubs,Brahmos,Moskit,SA-6 etc... If we are now
working on scramjets and producing Akash 100% indigenously as well as our own seekers I
have no doubts about India having ramjet technology.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
we have ramjet tech with Akash it was master successfully and ours is solid fuel missile. So if you guys see a long range version of ramjet version with same or better tech then brahmos then dont be surprised. We already developed navigational equipment for Brahmos, so the tech is within our reach for above 300km range.
Akash only has a range 35km and on a missile much bigger than the 500km ASMP-A.

SPIEZ

Country flag

If I m not wrong ASMP-A is an air launched missile having a range varying from 150km~ 400km, isn't it the additional momentum and altitude that gives it the extra range ?

trackwhack

Once again Armand, go easy. Both the ASMP and ASMP-A are air launched missiles, which is why you get that range. And we are still talking sub 300 km range and sub Mach 3. You are no where close to hypersonic speeds. On the other hand India with the Shauya has already demonstrated hypersonic speeds. Please dont give me bull like the Shaurya is a ballistic missile. The Shaurya's peak altitude is 50 KM, compare that to an IRBM's with a 2K range peak altitude. Do you even know what the Shaurya's flight path looks like?

Before 2015, DRDO should have a Mach 6+ cruise missile built solely on indigenous technologies. France mostly wont, you just do not have the research funds to run such a program and neither do you have a need. But anyway I am not going to be arrogant enough to make a prediction like you based on what is on paper. Only time will tell.

p.s. Ok, we bought the Rafale. It only means you made a pretty good plane, it does not mean France owns the defense world. At best you guys are peddling technology that is one gen. behind state of the art.

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
p.s. Ok, we bought the Rafale. It only means you made a pretty good plane, it does not mean France owns the defense world. At best you guys are peddling technology that is one gen. behind state of the art.
One year behind? Its a generation behind F-22.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
If I m not wrong ASMP-A is an air launched missile having a range varying from 150km~ 400km, isn't it the additional momentum and altitude that gives it the extra range ?
ASMP-A is 500km, being air launched does give it more range using the energy expended to get into the air. Even if you launched Akash from the air, which you can't, the range at most could only double to 70km It is two different leagues in technology. Akash missile is really just a clone of the Kub.

Country flag
ASMP-A is 500km, being air launched does give it more range using the energy expended to get into the air. Even if you launched Akash from the air, which you can't, the range at most could only double to 70km It is two different leagues in technology. Akash missile is really just a clone of the Kub.
Akash is closer to SA-6 than Klub.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Wasn't Akash made for a completely different purpose. Doesn't this is a way be similar to comparing Apples to oranges ?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
if looks is all that matters, then every missile and rocket would be same.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Wasn't Akash made for a completely different purpose. Doesn't this is a way be similar to comparing Apples to oranges ?
Tell that to sayareakd, he is the one trying to equate Akash ramjet tech to future hypersonic missiles. :rolleyes:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
India doesn't make Brahmos ramjet. Russia guards that tech very carefully. Ramjet of the Akash is nothing like it.
Brahmos 2 work is already on, And Ramjet propulsion will be used for a cruise Missile, Akash Ramjet deign is deign for SAM..

What i am saying Ramjet tech is useful in Hyper-sonic Cruise Missile..

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
How much of the propulsion work does India do? Russia won't even share 30yr old ramjet tech.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles