India's missile defence plan to undermine strategic stability

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Does anyone see the "akad" of the pakis come down these days? They ask for a Siachen withdrawal, they ask for ABM, they ask for better ties, they ask for troop reduction, they ask for access to Indian markets.

Some good coffee they are smelling.
Yes just after OBL was shot in Abbottabad, they are back to their original "Aukaat" i.e. beggars now they have understood that things wont go as smooth as they were, when US was supporting them. Now for the first time after the creation of Pakistan, Pakis have seen and realized their forthcoming doom

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
take a page from American book go star-wars on their ass
let them bleed money from their tiny economy they are half broke already

don't worry about china they are good business men they will leave Pakistan as soon as they finish strip mining it
They are finding it very difficult to bear the costs of maintaining troops in Siachen. We don't even have to go for a star wars like program. Pak is not Soviet and India is not US. But there are many ways to increase their costs.

no smoking

Country flag
Considering the distance between Pakistan and India, I really doubt how much reponse time india's missile defence system can have. This is one of key points to affact your system ability.

Furthermore, considering the current technology, the cost of missile defence system is generally more expensive than targeted missiles. I really think there is a bigger chance that indian financial minister will be freak out by this system than his Pakistan counterpart.

Finally, since China is also developing such kind of system, I think Chinese would be able to help Pakistan to find out the way to breach this shield.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Does anyone see the "akad" of the pakis come down these days? They ask for a Siachen withdrawal, they ask for ABM, they ask for better ties, they ask for troop reduction, they ask for access to Indian markets.

Some good coffee they are smelling.
I think they have got some impression (somehow) that this disgraced GoI is going to compromise on many issue for sake of becoming deal clickers, MMS legacy and gain international appreciation when they aren't going to find same at home. If one watch how Pakistani media is reacting these days specially Nazam Sethi et al there is a hint that MMS govt. on back door channels doing plenty of negotiations and also working on how to keep nationalistic masses from both sides in dark. One of the Pakistani authors I heard saying that one can gain on the table what you lost in the ambush.

The depressing thing here is that Pakistanis can come to table as equals every five years murdering our people, compromising our sovereignty and hurting our economy without getting punished for it. Yesterday on another forum I read few comments from Pakistani on Run on Kuch after 1965 war, for them gaining 10% the land out of what 100% they were claiming was a victory. India should stop any bilateral engagements with these fanatics until unless they themselves tone down their false scene of pride (Akaad), bigotry and obsession for seeing India in shams in first place or India should do the honours and then talk to them.

I wouldn't mind doing give and take with someone who is not our enemy but legitimate friend or neutral at least. If Pakistan cannot become either/any then there is no point talking to them. Let the RAW make them high, dry, squeezed and isolated.

Also I would like to point out and it has been said by very Pakistani Authors and few China watchers of different forms that China may have been dictating on foreign policy issues to PA. Demilitarization of Siachin is more a Chinese wish than Pakistanis who are nowhere on the Glacier at the first place.

Country flag
Pakistan 's solution is to make more IRBMs and to make their own Bmd

Let's see how both would work out

1) more IRBMs would mean make more 60 year old scud that would not
Be a solution since these flying piles of junk will be intercepted by
India's BMD

2)second solution make their own Bmd few problems with this:
Pakistan and. China both have no Bmd capability worth mentioning
It would require. A minimum 10.billion dollar investment more than pak defense budget
pak has no radar capability
Aid will be cut will afghan drawdown
Economy in shambles
AGNI MIRV would still penetrate any BMD

Country flag
Considering the distance between Pakistan and India, I really doubt how much reponse time india's missile defence system can have. This is one of key points to affact your system ability.

Furthermore, considering the current technology, the cost of missile defence system is generally more expensive than targeted missiles. I really think there is a bigger chance that indian financial minister will be freak out by this system than his Pakistan counterpart.

Finally, since China is also developing such kind of system, I think Chinese would be able to help Pakistan to find out the way to breach this shield.
Can you give more details of this imaginary Chinese. Bmd?

trackwhack

The response time is quick enough. It has been demonstrated half a dozen times. In fact the missile has to wait until the enemy missile comes within range, thats how good the response time is.

Considering current tech, the cost of BMD is smaller than the cost of maintaining ballistic missiles and warheads.

China is building a system that has a midcourse phase kill vehicle targetting very long range missiles. Neither has the tech proven itself as ready to induct, nor will this address Pakistans needs of response against short range missiles and cruise missiles.

China has yet to start development on a ter minal phase BMD which is the most complex considering the speed of the incoming missile. When you do, then lets discuss.

pmaitra

BTW do they have ABMS? :flypig:
All the START-1 and START-2 were between the USA and USSR, where both were on a more or less equal footing. Between India and Pakistan, where is the parity w.r.t. ABM?

The conversation will go like this with the Pakistanis, won't it?
  • "Hey, we have dismantled 50 of our missiles!"
  • "Great, thanks!"
  • "No problem, but how many have you guys dismantled?"
  • "Umm, none."
  • "Why not?"
  • "We never had any in the first place!" :troll:

Country flag
The response time is quick enough. It has been demonstrated half a dozen times. In fact the missile has to wait until the enemy missile comes within range, thats how good the response time is.

Considering current tech, the cost of BMD is smaller than the cost of maintaining ballistic missiles and warheads.

China is building a system that has a midcourse phase kill vehicle targetting very long range missiles. Neither has the tech proven itself as ready to induct, nor will this address Pakistans needs of response against short range missiles and cruise missiles.

China has yet to start development on a ter minal phase BMD which is the most complex considering the speed of the incoming missile. When you do, then lets discuss.

That midcourse interception was a joke

China’s Alarming, Puzzling, Missile Test | The Diplomat

China's Alarming, Puzzling, Missile Test

On January 11, a large missile streaked upward from a test site in China. The missile rocketed beyond the atmosphere and struck another similar missile launched from a separate site. Later that day, the official Xinhua news agency announced a 'test on ground-based midcourse missile interception technology.'

trackwhack

That midcourse interception was a joke

China's Alarming, Puzzling, Missile Test | The Diplomat

China's Alarming, Puzzling, Missile Test

On January 11, a large missile streaked upward from a test site in China. The missile rocketed beyond the atmosphere and struck another similar missile launched from a separate site. Later that day, the official Xinhua news agency announced a 'test on ground-based midcourse missile interception technology.'

I am willing to acknowledge that they have a program running. Like I mentioned, it is nowhere near completion and far from induction.

Country flag
I am willing to acknowledge that they have a program running. Like I mentioned, it is nowhere near completion and far from induction.
I will ask you one simple question does china have any long range radar capability?
To make this claim they may have a program trying to steal L,C or X band radar
Other than that it is propaganda like df 21.,anti satellite test, space walk etc....

devgupt

Country flag
USSR unlike Pakistan didn't have proxy elements targeting US mainland.Nor was US planning bomb blasts in Kremlin.

Comparing Pakistan to either USSR or USA as in cold war is a insult to these nations.

The article is :toilet:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
she says, india developed BMD based off USA technology :rofl: :rofl:

let me tell you, India developed it's own BMD technology..

:rofl: :rofl:

our BMD will make bakistani nukes and missiles useless

Srinivas_K

Country flag

There are quick reaction missiles which can intercept the incoming ballistic nukes so distance is not a problem. India has a good laser and electromagnetic radiator program called 'Kali' which van be used to intercept their tactical nukes. No need to worry about Indian economy since it is consumption based one unlike china. As these technologies mature Pak nukes can be countered effectively.

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
There are quick reaction missiles which can intercept the incoming ballistic nukes so distance is not a problem. India has a good laser and electromagnetic radiator program called 'Kali' which van be used to intercept their tactical nukes. No need to worry about Indian economy since it is consumption based one unlike china. As these technologies mature Pak nukes can be countered effectively.
but whther KALI is fictious or media exaggerated weapon ,nobody knows

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Have you even read about Indian BMD and how it works?

LalTopi

Hey Guys, show a bit more respect for Ms Mazari, she is a "renowned international defence and foreign affairs scholar" - how do we know? well her website says so:

STR | About Us

Strategic Technology Resources (STR) is an independent think tank and a consultancy organization based in Pakistan with Dr Shireen M Mazari as its CEO. Dr Mazari is a renowned international defence and foreign affairs scholar who was formerly the Director General of the prestigious Institute of Strategic Studies (ISS) Islamabad and Editor of The Nation – one of the largest circulating English language dailies in Pakistan.

STR provides area briefs, strategic and tactical advice, risk analysis and other consultative services on international and domestic political, military and economic affairs. STR has launched its Arms Control and Disarmament Center (ACDC) which provides information, analysis and data on critical issues and latest developments in all aspects of arms control issues.
Also, check out some of her articles/initiatives:

- Pakistan-India: A Security Route to Cooperation :taunt:

- US Troops Lose Diaper
Dr Shireen Mazari today made a plea as a wife and mother to the US to please wean their soldiers off pampers in Afghanistan as soon as possible so that they are able to fight like adults on behalf of the US military. Clearly the diaper usage is hindering their soldiering despite the hi-tech weapons which they are clad in :drunk:

- Pakistan's space programme :rofl::rofl:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles