India will hit Pakistan back, in case of a nuclear attack

DingDong

Country flag
Actually the statement should read: The chance of Nuclear war with China is unknown. Therefore it would be in India's favor, if India assumes such a scenario and proceeds to make plans for such a scenario. Because in a nuclear war scenario with China, India has more to lose.

"India must fire every nuke, on every possible inch of Pakistan": I don't think it works that way. Firstly I'm thinking India has like 100-200 nuke warheads. And they will keep aside some nukes for future uses. With the rest of the nukes, it is not possible to nuke "every possible inch of Pakistan."

"rapid mobilization of 5-10 million troops", "a full and utter invasion of Pakistan": I don't think it is a smart idea to send 5-10 million troops into a freshly irradiated land. Besides sending troops into areas with a massive hostile population in the tens of millions, is a bad idea. Think Chechnya, multiple by 100.

I think the way to take Pakistan down is through China and other neighbors of pakistan.
If Pakistan loses China's backing and feels isolated in it's own region, it will make it more worried and more careful about the moves it makes.
India has got sufficient stockpile to build a few thousand nukes if situation demands.

Simple_Guy

You guys are really driving the message home!

pakistaniyon ki shalwar geelee ho gayee......or peelee bhi ho gayee

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
You guys are really driving the message home!

pakistaniyon ki shalwar geelee ho gayee......or peelee bhi ho gayee

After Islam or rather along with Islam, The nuclear bomb has become an article of faith for the Pakistanis right from Musharaf down to the street hawker. You can see in all Pakistani forums, TV discussions, talks etc, the first thing that comes out of any Pakistani's mouth is Nuclear Bomb and then Islam combined with terrorism....

The identity of Pakistan based on Islam is intact but Nuclear bomb, Ghouri, Shaheen etc have added another dimension to that existentialist threat. Unfortunately, Pakistani idea of Islam is not universal Islam but Islam which ruled India and which needs to be restored - Therefore it is in essence Political Islam. Unfortunately, their Islam in core and in essence is Anti India ( anti Hindu to be more specific). It is a historical or rather a cultural baggage with them which is not going to go. That has rather been nurtured and cemented as the core and vital philosophy / ideology of the nation. Add to that their basic belief in terrorism and the story becomes scary. That makes the state next door existing not for the wellbeing of their citizens but a state lost in historical and cultural baggage ready to explode and go berserk.

When this political anti Hindu Islam combines with Nuclear bombs it becomes a dangerous combination. The nuclear weapons have become a matter of faith or have been made deliberately as a matter of faith for the people of Pakistan - there should not be any doubt in any ones mind that they will use it and use it first, use it because it exists, use it irrationally and provocatively.

Being suicidal and being irrational is in nature of Pakistan and they have demonstrated that time and again.

The desires to create heaps of heads or head mounds of Hindus in the central squares of every city or town to terrorise as done by the aggressors in the past still exists in Pakistan.

The best way to neutralise and divert the menace would be create alternative targets for this bomb -

Iran
Afghanistan
Division of Pakistan so that Punjabis target their bombs at Baluchistan and Sindh.

India can also think of providing nuclear umbrella to Iran and Afghanistan.

The idea that Pakistan has Islamic bomb meant only for Hindus and India will be watered down.

The threat that Pakistani nuclear bombs would fall in the hands of Jihadi is also wrong and misplaced as those bombs are alredy under Jihadi regime of Army and ISI who are the mothers of all Jihadists in Pakistan. One should not get carried away by that threat. The day ISI or Pakistan Army want it there would a terrorist explosion of a nuclear device inside India. That should also be made clear to Pakistan that it would invite retaliation.

Sylex21

Actually the statement should read: The chance of Nuclear war with China is unknown. Therefore it would be in India's favor, if India assumes such a scenario and proceeds to make plans for such a scenario. Because in a nuclear war scenario with China, India has more to lose.

"India must fire every nuke, on every possible inch of Pakistan": I don't think it works that way. Firstly I'm thinking India has like 100-200 nuke warheads. And they will keep aside some nukes for future uses. With the rest of the nukes, it is not possible to nuke "every possible inch of Pakistan."

"rapid mobilization of 5-10 million troops", "a full and utter invasion of Pakistan": I don't think it is a smart idea to send 5-10 million troops into a freshly irradiated land. Besides sending troops into areas with a massive hostile population in the tens of millions, is a bad idea. Think Chechnya, multiple by 100.

I think the way to take Pakistan down is through China and other neighbors of pakistan.
If Pakistan loses China's backing and feels isolated in it's own region, it will make it more worried and more careful about the moves it makes.
1) India doesn't have any more to lose than China in a nuclear war. Arguably since China is more developed it has more to lose. The chance isn't "unknown", only an insane nation would use nukes, China is not insane. The odds approach near zero, saying it is "unknown" is unrealistic.

2) You didn't read my comment carefully "every possible inch of Pakistan.... that might have a nuclear installation that cannot be captured". Obviously you cannot nuke every inch of Pakistan, but I'm talking about specific installations, which could easily be covered with a few dozen nukes.

3) In my scenario you wouldn't be sending the troops into irradiated areas as those would be relatively few and avoided. Yes it would be chaos like Chechnya but in the dooms day style struggle for survival these troops would be killing people left and right, so the insurgency effect of hiding behind the civilian population wouldn't be nearly as effective.

4) I'm not talking about defeating Pakistan under normal circumstances. My scenario was referring to the articles topic "nuclear attack by Pakistan". The overall point is, that if Pakistan uses a nuke on India it has gone past the point of sanity at which point a near full scale Pakistani genocide is the only way to guarantee Indian safety. The entire country would need to be dismembered with extreme speed and prejudice.

Zebra

Country flag
Many thanks, for letting me know that India will hit back.

sgarg

ya i second your opinion that SLBMs will be a much better detterence than MRBMS.
but i dont think there would be a likely nuclear exchange between india-china. dont forget that from past 50 years there wasnt a single bullet fired from either side at border. personely i dont think china would march in and hold a large chunk of land that might cross the nuclear threshold of india. there 50 years of hardship has made them from zero to hero at the world stage. i see no reson for china to risk a nuclear exchange for a land like AP which has no strong strategic value.

i feel there is a much higher chance of nuclear exchange between pak and india as they tend to be suicidal and fanatical. they have more reson to use nukes against us considering our more conventional superiority and also to take revenge of 1971 humiliation from handfull of indian soldiers.
There is NO "India's nuclear threshold". India's nuclear policy is very clear. It is NOT based on loss of territory.

India's policy is use of nuclear weapons ONLY IN RETALIATION FOR NUCLEAR STRIKE against India. Most posters do not understand the policy and jump to conclusions.

India's war-fighting strategy is based on conventional weapons.

Last edited:

sgarg

1) India doesn't have any more to lose than China in a nuclear war. Arguably since China is more developed it has more to lose. The chance isn't "unknown", only an insane nation would use nukes, China is not insane. The odds approach near zero, saying it is "unknown" is unrealistic.

2) You didn't read my comment carefully "every possible inch of Pakistan.... that might have a nuclear installation that cannot be captured". Obviously you cannot nuke every inch of Pakistan, but I'm talking about specific installations, which could easily be covered with a few dozen nukes.

3) In my scenario you wouldn't be sending the troops into irradiated areas as those would be relatively few and avoided. Yes it would be chaos like Chechnya but in the dooms day style struggle for survival these troops would be killing people left and right, so the insurgency effect of hiding behind the civilian population wouldn't be nearly as effective.

4) I'm not talking about defeating Pakistan under normal circumstances. My scenario was referring to the articles topic "nuclear attack by Pakistan". The overall point is, that if Pakistan uses a nuke on India it has gone past the point of sanity at which point a near full scale Pakistani genocide is the only way to guarantee Indian safety. The entire country would need to be dismembered with extreme speed and prejudice.
I have already covered the Pakistan scenario on another thread. In case of a nuclear attack from Pakistan, India will retaliate not only with nuclear weapons BUT ALSO with conventional weapons. It will be no holds barred. The full power of Indian State will be on display. The scenario of an invasion of Pakistan is very realistic scenario.

India trying to capture "Pakistan's nuclear facilities" through rocket attacks or special forces is always a possibility. However the efficacy of this method can be questioned.

There is no normal situation with Pakistan. It was never normal and is NOT LIKELY to be normal in future. The State of Pakistan remains a perpetual threat to India.

Last edited:

Compersion

Country flag
The old boys club that is Paki Army are starting to loose all its perks and comforts. Not sure if these chaps have that in their interests. They are comfortable Sunni warriors protecting the Sunni Islamic World from their air-conditioned clubs, offices and facilities with all expenses paid and settled and even foreign trips arranged with perks and gifts. The ostentatious and pompous behavior of Paki armed forces (majority) are because of the facilities and political role it makes for it self at the expense of the larger Pakistan public.

On the other side the Paki public know that the Paki Armed forces and more importantly Paki Army has a important role in Pakistan because it promotes a sense of achievement and contentment that there is something good inside Pakistan. This includes the facilities and perks provided where it is unmatched anywhere else inside Pakistan. There is not much to aim for in Paki public life (that is good for them) and it is a achievement in it self to enter the Paki Army higher ranks. Some might say the Pakistan Foreign Service is equivalent but again Paki army now has veto over them. Question is what happens when the facilities and perks start to disintegrate and deteriorate for the bastion of the Paki public.

Drone attacks in Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Afghanistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Islamization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Siege of Lal Masjid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Osama bin Laden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Xinjiang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

rajkumar singh

Country flag
All the inconsistencies in China's nuclear policy have negative implications for India. Several similarities exist though.

-Both China and India are declared no first use states. Both share the view that the nuclear weapons are last-resort defensive political weapons and that these can be used only for counter-nuclear retaliation efforts.-

China's intransigence on recognising Indian nuclear status resulted in no confidence building measures in the nuclear field between the two, including either escalation control procedures, not a de-targeting agreement, although a general purpose 24-hour hotline exists between the two Premiers (although China's Premier has no role in the nuclear command issues).
-Indian defence ministry estimates in its annual reports that China had been targeting 'several' Indian cities and strategic hubs. This has triggered Indian efforts to strengthen its strategic deterrent capability with the Agni-series and ballistic missile defence tests recently. The previous government had also decided in November 2009 to place 'strategic assets' in the north-eastern region of the country and the armed forces to fight two-theatre front under nuclear threshold. Clearly tempers are rising in the region.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles