India will be ready for war by 2015

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
how on earth do you think NATO will come for our rescue....??its already overstretch.....US is now on every corner of the planet and is far too stretch too even protect its own allies how will it protect us...??
Israel leaving all its problem behind will come to our rescue.....dude....think again.....!!
russia may be....but dont think it will fall into our mess....

in short we are own our own.....nobody is gonna fight our wars...
Its not about rescuing India from China. That India can do on its own. My point is is that about the nukes. Its not that small thing as it looks like. Nuking a nation is a very serious matter which is against the UN policies and that too for China which is a permanent member of the respected security council. Nuking India will give US and its allies a golden opportunity to destroy China. No doubt about Russian support to India as it helped India in 1971 or 65 I`m not sure the war time.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
China will never nuke India, and India will never nuke China unless they invade past Guwahati (VERY unlikely).

Biggest nuclear threat comes from Pakistan, because we never know when some crackpot general might decide to kill all us Indian kafirs.

Neil

Country flag
Its not about rescuing India from China. That India can do on its own. My point is is that about the nukes. Its not that small thing as it looks like. Nuking a nation is a very serious matter which is against the UN policies and that too for China which is a permanent member of the respected security council. Nuking India will give US and its allies a golden opportunity to destroy China. No doubt about Russian support to India as it helped India in 1971 or 65 I`m not sure the war time.
may be....but i still doubt it....may be america will wait for our response and see the damage caused by our nuclear missiles/warheads and only then it can intervene[because china will still have enough warheads to take on US...unlike us]
i seriously doubt russia's sincerity on this issue....on sino-india conflict russia is loyal to no1....

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
Thats what I want to say that currently no nation dares to nuke any nation and not even Pakistan Gov. except terrorists. If nukes got into the hands of the terrorist then God knows what will happen because they will not wait for a moment for nuking anyone, may it be US or India or any nation.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
i seriously doubt russia's sincerity on this issue....on sino-india conflict russia is loyal to no1....
Russia views China with as much suspicion as we do. If there is a Sino-Indian War, Russia will most likely stay neutral initially, but if India gets the upper hand we can definitely expect some support from them. Maybe Uncle Sam will help us also.

Remember how they helped us in 1971, by sending their nuke subs and mobilizing their forces on the Sino-Russian border.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
may be....but i still doubt it....may be america will wait for our response and see the damage caused by our nuclear missiles/warheads and only then it can intervene[because china will still have enough warheads to take on US...unlike us]
In 1971, China didnt interfered into the Indo-Pak war. Why? Because Russia had secretly terrorized China that if China will attack India then it has to face the nuclear attack from Russia. Russia is a trusted ally. The help which it gives to India is not given to any other nation.

Neil

Country flag
Russia views China with as much suspicion as we do. If there is a Sino-Indian War, Russia will most likely stay neutral initially, but if India gets the upper hand we can definitely expect some support from them. Maybe Uncle Sam will help us also.

Remember how they helped us in 1971, by sending their nuke subs and mobilizing their forces on the Sino-Russian border.
russia is suspicious of china only because of its defence secrets being stolen....on strategic issues they are on same page....
russia will go where money is....if china wants to buy weapons i doubt they will say no to them...unlike US which will[or may be cant] sell weapons to china....

dude...as 1962 is a past...so is 1971...many things have changed since them.....

Param

I think you are right, whether US or Russia come to our rescue also depends on our strength . If we fare better against China probably they might be ready to help s but if we start to lose nobody is going to support the losing side.

Agantrope

In 1971, China didnt interfered into the Indo-Pak war. Why? Because Russia had secretly terrorized China that if China will attack India then it has to face the nuclear attack from Russia. Russia is a trusted ally. The help which it gives to India is not given to any other nation.
Buddy you are talking about the Soviet Union and not the Russia, Soviet is always a trusted partner, but i dont trust russia as much as soviet

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
russia is suspicious of china only because of its defence secrets being stolen....on strategic issues they are on same page....
russia will go where money is....if china wants to buy weapons i doubt they will say no to them...unlike US which will[or may be cant] sell weapons to china....

dude...as 1962 is a past...so is 1971...many things have changed since them.....
Russia is "allies" with China for only one reason: to deter the U.S. This is the one common enemy that they both have, and their "alliance" is based entirely on this.
Russia realizes that China is no longer a reliable arms market, because the Chinese simply reverse engineer everything they buy. If you ask me, the Su-30MKK deal is the last major Sino-Russia arms deal. I will be very surprised if Russia decides to sell PAK-FA or its derivatives to China.

Russia is suspicion of China goes beyond just stealing defence secrets. Back in the Cold War, China actually allied itself with the U.S. against the USSR. But as soon as the USSR collapsed, they went back to supporting Russia. Bottom line is that China goes against any country that is stronger than them, because they view themselves as the sole country that deserves international hegemony.
Also, Chinese illegal immigration into Russia's Far East is a huge problem. Russia's population is small, declining, and aging, and there is little they can do about it. Within a decade or so, there will be more Chinese in Siberia than ethnic Russians.

I know it's not 1971 anymore, but Russia is still our ally. It is not, however, our only ally. We cannot complain about Russia's relationship with China when we ourselves are becoming close with Russia's rival, America. That's just how politics works.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
Buddy you are talking about the Soviet Union and not the Russia, Soviet is always a trusted partner, but i dont trust russia as much as soviet
I dont know that what made you think that Russia is not a trusted friend of ours because the help Russia had given to us even after breaking of the USSR cant be forgotten. None of the nation is getting so much help as India is getting from Russia. Now if you want I can make you count everything by which Russia helped us after the collapse of the USSR.

Param

I dont know that what made you think that Russia is not a trusted friend of ours because the help Russia had given to us even after breaking of the USSR cant be forgotten. None of the nation is getting so much help as India is getting from Russia. Now if you want I can make you count everything by which Russia helped us after the collapse of the USSR.
The Russians have not helped us for free. There economy was in the doldrums in the 1990s.We needed military equipment that was good and cheap.Hence the military buyer- seller relationship benefited both countries.The our good friend Russia probably sold more hardware to China than India in the 90s . The Chinese benefited immensely & we know much of their equipment ,tech is reversed engineered Russian stuff.
But nevertheless I agree that the Russians are more reliable than US & Europe. Its not an emotional relationship just one of convenience.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
The Russians have not helped us for free. There economy was in the doldrums in the 1990s.We needed military equipment that was good and cheap.Hence the military buyer- seller relationship benefited both countries.The our good friend Russia probably sold more hardware to China than India in the 90s . The Chinese benefited immensely & we know much of their equipment ,tech is reversed engineered Russian stuff.
But nevertheless I agree that the Russians are more reliable than US & Europe. Its not an emotional relationship just one of convenience.
The relationship between India and the USSR was that of a buyer and seller.
With Russia, however, it is one of mutual cooperation on all fronts. We now see other as equals, while back in the Soviet days we looked up to the USSR because it was a superpower and we were just a developing 3rd world country. This is very important to note.

Russia's reliability has been proven numerous times, I didn't think there's any question that Russia is India's most trusted and reliable ally.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
If Russians will help us for free then what will be the difference left between India and Pakistan. India is not that shameless that it will open its hands in front of the Russia for help in free.
So what if they didnt helped us for free. This is only what friendship is called. They needed money and India needed weapons in the 90`s so what`s wrong if they shared each other what was needed at that weak point. Even uncle Sam got against India on the matter of Kashmir then only USSR supported us. Now dont say it was USSR and not Russia because Russia holds a major part in the USSR.

Russia gave us all the powerful and reliable weapons at the time when we needed them. Our current best air superiority i.e. SU 30 MKI is a Russian invention. It is the only nation that is working to develop the variant of its 5th generation fighter PAK-FA and renaming it as FGFA just for India no matter even if it is doing at a cost. Giving an aircraft carrier, building frigates and subs for us. Giving diplomatic shares. Supporting our space programs, provided most equipment required by India for its indigenous projects. I dont think this is a topic for discussion because there is no doubt that Russia is the most loyal and trustworthy ally for India.

Last edited:

neo29

Gone are the days when India used to ask for Soviet assistance. India did have a buyer seller relation with Soviet. But with Russia is more of collaborations and JV in various fields. After soviet break up it was the Indian defence money that reviewed the economy of Russia.
Unfortunately though Russia has been a good friend some people in govt and military took India's dependence as a chance to exploit. They gave us spares and maintenance problems, sold us lot of dud bombs and delayed several projects. A look at different directions for weapons will bring Russia back to its track.

I personally feel that Russia may not help us in any war. Soviet Union did coz it was an opportunity for communist regime to demonstrate power. A democratic govt wont so such a thing. May be will help us with weapons but not stand by our side. As a matter of fact no one will.

In any future war India must be self dependent.

BunBunCake

Russia gave us all the powerful and reliable weapons at the time when we needed them. Our current best air superiority i.e. SU 30 MKI is a Russian invention. It is the only nation that is working to develop the variant of its 5th generation fighter PAK-FA and renaming it as FGFA just for India no matter even if it is doing at a cost. Giving an aircraft carrier, building frigates and subs for us. Giving diplomatic shares. Supporting our space programs, provided most equipment required by India for its indigenous projects. I dont think this is a topic for discussion because there is no doubt that Russia is the most loyal and trustworthy ally for India.
I'd like to inform to you that Russia first asked CHINA for JV on PAKFA. China said no, so they came to India for the money.

arya

Country flag
well guys russia isreal usa .uk,france are our friends guys we have to make our nation stong advance and happy

dont compare russia or usa

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Well Russia might not be anything like the USSR. But the shipyards, Sukhoi bureau, MiG, Rosboron and everyone are indebted to India. We literally pulled them out of bankrupcy and infused funds into them for further research. There are instances where Russian Shipyard directors praised Indians for helping them to stay in the cutting edge by ordering weapons which even the Russian Navy did not. The Krivak class frigates which the Russian navy is considering now is on order by India, The Nerpa wouldnt have been completed if it hadnt been for the Indian money. Even China was offered the PAK-FA but the Russians pulled out knowing that they would soon see copies of the PAK-FA rolling out. The Russians are going to use the same sub-systems developed by us and the Indian EW systems.

Without the Su 30 MKI order from India the Sukhoi Bureau wouldnt have had the money to start a program like PAK-FA. By giving the naval fighter contract to MiG we have revived the company from bankrupcy and this also got them further orders form the Russian navy.

sandeepdg

We all agree that the Soviet Union and Russia's association with India since our independence has been a deciding factor in the inevitable growth of military capabilities. And, after the end of Cold War and breakup of USSR, this relationship has now become mutually beneficial to both the partners. They support our military growth by offering a large array of weapons, some of them cutting edge, thereby enabling us to modernize our armed forces with regards our adversaries and we help their large defense industry by pumping in the much needed funding to keep them running and prevent them from going bankrupt with our increasing spending power. I don't think any other nation will be able to replace Russia in the near future as a reliable, long term strategic partner, atleast not in another 15-20 years.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
As far as the offer of Russia for PAK-FA to China is concerned, I wont believe until someone proves it. And yes Russia is a hungry polar bear,hungry for money and for that it is anyhow trying to be dependent on India but still it doesnt have betrayal India till now unlike China so on the basis of its past Russia can be trusted as long as it maintains that trust and loyalty.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles