India wanted LTTE 'put in its place': Norway report

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
AFAIK, India is one.

Again for certain international posters we are painting a picture as though the Fisherfolk are terrorist. How lame? They are poor, uneducated fishermen. They do not have a GPS to guide them, a proper organisation to tell them how long Indian territorial waters are? Heck, they don't even have a coast guard to tell them to support them.

We should tell them what good Tamil Nadu has done to Srilanka as a whole. There are MANY SRILANKANS STUDYING IN TAMIL NADU. Many, they include Tamils and non-Tamils as well. Why not talk about such things instead ?
Don't mistake lack of strategic foresight with being Gandhian. It's a botched policy that hurt us. The fishermen should be protected no doubt as they are our citizens. There is no reason for SL to kill them even if they stray. But the history is what dictates what's happening there.

I posted a report about deliberate violation of SL waters at the behest of TN authorities which my friend Karthic said was from a sell out. But then such reports can be used by SL to think all fishermen heading their way are poachers.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Don't mistake lack of strategic foresight with being Gandhian. It's a botched policy that hurt us. The fishermen should be protected no doubt as they are our citizens. There is no reason for SL to kill them even if they stray. But the history is what dictates what's happening there.

I posted a report about deliberate violation of SL waters at the behest of TN authorities which my friend Karthic said was from a sell out. But then such reports can be used by SL to think all fishermen heading their way are poachers.
Sir, you were blaming Tamil politicians alone previously.

Aren't the national politicians also responsible for this situation in Lanka ? What happen to the Nehru-Ghandhi-Khan or whatever clan who were dilly-dallying with their policy on the Tamils in Lanka, aren't they to blame also ?

Also, does straying into waters warrant a death ? Is this how we feel about fellow Indians dying ? For many of us an Indian whether he is from Kashmir or kanyakumari is very important. Heck we would even mourn the death of the very terrorist who are intruding and killing our very own people.

Neil

Country flag
Just because we support does that warrant a death on innocent people ?

We ourselves as a nation had heck of a lot of separatist movements, how did we treat them ?
Sardars fought for a proxy war did we kill all sardars, or try to kill sardars in other nations ?
Now our current PM is a sardar.

Why is it that hard to understand that poor people are getting killed and unnecessarily stupid points are brought in argue in support of killing innocent people ?
spiez sir...i said the same thing...in a previous post...that as an Indian i will support anything Indian..but yusuf sir is right as to a Sinhalese this was not acceptable and thats why they kill tamils...the problem is r politicians[both congress and tamil] have no spine to order r CG to fire on erring SLN boats...its r fault that being such a huge country we cannot do anything to protect the r own people why blame SL..

SPIEZ

Country flag
spiez sir...i said the same thing...in a previous post...that as an Indian i will support anything Indian..but yusuf sir is right as to a Sinhalese this was not acceptable and thats why they kill tamils...the problem is r politicians[both congress and tamil] have no spine to order r CG to fire on erring SLN boats...its r fault that being such a huge country we cannot do anything to protect the r own people why blame SL..
Yusuf sir seemed to have the opinion that he had no remorse for the death of innocent fishermen.

Coming back to topic, if this the way Srilanka treats Tamils belonging to another nation, how will they treat their own Tamils?
Doesn't this sum it up?

Spineless India politicians be gone, we want some firmer politicians for Gods and India's sake.

Neil

Country flag
Yusuf sir seemed to have the opinion that he had no remorse for the death of innocent fishermen.

Coming back to topic, if this the way Srilanka treats Tamils belonging to another nation, how will they treat their own Tamils?
Doesn't this sum it up?

Spineless India politicians be gone, we want some firmer politicians for Gods and India's sake.
sir...as far as i know yusuf bhai...he might have not intended it...

ya sir...it does raises serious question...i mean we cant even protect are citizens near r cost lines....how will we protect tamils in another country altogether...SL should target Sonia or rahul Gandhi...r childrens would be studying SL in history text books and not geography...

SPIEZ

Country flag
sir...as far as i know yusuf bhai...he might have not intended it...

ya sir...it does raises serious question...i mean we cant even protect are citizens near r cost lines....how will we protect tamils in another country altogether...SL should target Sonia or rahul Gandhi...r childrens would be studying SL in history text books and not geography...
How hard will it be to send 2/3 patrol boats ?

How hard will it be to ask a few questions to Srilanka ?

When will that damn blasted Antonia go to hell ?

Neil

Country flag
How hard will it be to send 2/3 patrol boats ?

How hard will it be to ask a few questions to Srilanka ?

When will that damn blasted Antonia go to hell ?
LOL...they will speiz bhai they will...but only after taking India with them....

natarajan

As india and pakistan separated after independence ,similary tamils should have got a separate country.May be utilized usa when asked for base in ltte territory but prabhakaran refused as it will harm india's interest ,if he has accepted that time ,he would have got a separate eelam and no one would have intervened especially our spineless ,senseless congress

SPIEZ

Country flag
As india and pakistan separated after independence ,similary tamils should have got a separate country.May be utilized usa when asked for base in ltte territory but prabhakaran refused as it will harm india's interest ,if he has accepted that time ,he would have got a separate eelam and no one would have intervened especially our spineless ,senseless congress
FYI, many regional groupsin TN/Madras constituency had pleaded with the British Govt not to give India freedom.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
LTTE is terrorist organization and it is good they are finished.

Let us not forget that they also killed tamil civilians.

LTTE should not be merged with innocent tamils in sri lanka.

Param

Lol, look who showed his extremist streak here.

Mixing two unrelated issues just to flame. Heading for trouble on this forum.
As if I am MLA here and I'll lose my seat.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
At least one good thing came of it. A Tamilian spoke in Hindi! Bharat mata ki Jai ho

SPIEZ

Country flag
^^^^ Let's not go there. Lets discuss the facts.(meant for both YB nd Param)

1) Killing of Indian citizens = WRONG.
2) Killing for trespassing into waters = WRONG.
3) Justifying this killing = WRONG.
4) Standing up for innocent civilians= WHATS WRONG IN THAT :confused:
5) What does building a port have to do with protests against innocent people ?

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
^^^^ Let's not go there. Lets discuss the facts.(meant for both YB nd Param)

1) Killing of Indian citizens = WRONG.
2) Killing for trespassing into waters = WRONG.
3) Justifying this killing = WRONG.
4) Standing up for innocent civilians= WHATS WRONG IN THAT :confused:
5) What does building a port have to do with protests against innocent people ?
First answer whether LTTE was right or wrong.

SPIEZ

Country flag
First answer whether LTTE was right or wrong.
LTTE was WRONG.

Sri Lankan Government killing innocent civilians and prejudice to Tamils is WRONG.

Rajiv Gandhi supporting the Sri Lankan government was wrong.

Many politicians here who use Tamils of SriLanka as an issue to garner votes alone is also WRONG.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
LTTE was WRONG.

Sri Lankan Government killing innocent civilians and prejudice to Tamils is WRONG.

Rajiv Gandhi supporting the Sri Lankan government was wrong.

Many politicians here who use Tamils of SriLanka as an issue to garner votes alone is also WRONG.
Agreed on all points.

But wasn't Indian peace keeping mission attacked by LTTE when they were neutral officially ?

SPIEZ

Country flag
is LeT justified then because they standing up for kashmiri civilians, atleast that is there stance ?
1) Are you JUSTIFYING THE DEATH OF INNOCENT, UNEDUCATED INDIAN CITIZENS ?

2) LeT is a terrorist organisation. I don't want to go any deep.

3) Aren't there separatist even now in Kashmir, who enjoy human rights ?

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
is LeT justified then because they standing up for kashmiri civilians, atleast that is there stance ?
Let is Pakistani and Kashmiri are Indian. If Kashmiri have problem with India, they are free to go to Land of Pure :rofl:. We are not killing them. They have equal right and free to do anything in India as per Indian constitution.

As far as SL, SL tamil had problem with GoSL and eventually SL army killed 50,000 Tamils by worst case of genocide.

I am not supporting LTTE. It was terrorist organisation But what about common poor Tamils who died ? What about SL navy attacking Indian Tamil fisherman.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Agreed on all points.

But wasn't Indian peace keeping mission attacked by LTTE when they were neutral officially ?
P.S. Do I look like a spokes person for LTTE ?

Its a terrorist organisation,I have no pity for them.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles