India, Vietnam Relations

huaxia rox

Godless-Kafir
sayareakd
Yusuf
Arunpillai

what i was saying was about why PRC pakistan being friends to be against india....why on earth? r china and pakistan being friends naturally? r we (PRC) born to go against india? OR u indians made us (pakistan and china) ur foes??

1 how india cant go along well with pakistan was NOT our business....u dont need to say how legitimate u were to occupy parts of kashmir and fought wars with pakistanis in 1947 (before PRC established for ur info)........it WASNT our (chinese) business.....but the RESULT is india became the enenmy of pakistan........so u got ur 1st foe in 1947.

2 the 1962 war formerly indicated that PRC became another enemy of india. no doubt. but something u guys should know....u indians taking tibetan losers refugees may sound ok since 1959 when these losers got their butts kicked in a serious way........but why on earth GoI would allow these tibetans to set up a clown gov in exiel?? when u already had border issues with PRC back then?

let me ask u a question? do u think to establish a Khalistani gov in exile in PRC (bodering india)and to establish 1 in say iraq(not bodering india)...r the freaking same thing???u tell me??.....and the indian intellengence bureau and CIA trained some of these losers to cross boder to attack PRC or do some scouting stuff. all these were before the 1962 war...needless to say after 1962 ur R&AW created another SFF to do more dodge things against PRC........Arunpillai......thats how india ''has never supported the Tibetan independance movement by words or by actions''???........i m not blaming u but pls be honest to say the least........anyway u india got u 2nd enemy indeed.....PRC.

3 correct me if i were wrong.........before 1962 war....pakistanis made proposals to GoI urging indians to form an aliance with pakistan to confront PRC (how ironic was that?i must say....but history always is) becoz china also had boder issues with pakistan before 1963 (till we made a deal)....and ur indians simply dismissed the proposal from pakistan........then what else can i say???

even in the 1962 war pakistan offically told India they wouldnt mind if indian troops went to attack PRC from the pakistani controled areas...........did indians do anything regarding this???that was how PRC and pakistan being friends against india????oh my......

my conclusions:
u indians chose to be the enemy of PRC and pakistan....kashmir dispute led to 1947 war. having border issues with PRC and supporting tibetan losers led to 1962.........when two have 1 common enemy.....why not cooperate???? u tell me???

but most important.....have some objective thoughts my indian friends..........what r the results and what r the reasons..........

Last edited:

Adux

Country flag
When did India border China, India Bordered Tibet!

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
1 how india cant go along well with pakistan was NOT our business....u dont need to say how legitimate u were to occupy parts of kashmir and fought wars with pakistanis in 1947 (before PRC established for ur info)........it WASNT our (chinese) business.....but the RESULT is india became the enenmy of pakistan........so u got ur 1st foe in 1947.
First thing, Educate yourself properly, First Kashmir war broke out only when an offensive force infiltrated into Kashmir, who are not belong to natives there, hence in a defensive posture we defended, even gave POK for the one who weren't satisfied..

Its only shows our greatness, Unfortunately..

2 the 1962 war formerly indicated that PRC became another enemy of india. no doubt. but something u guys should know....u Indians taking tibetan losers refugees may sound ok since 1959 when these losers got their butts kicked in a serious way........but why on earth GoI would allow these tibetans to set up a clown gov in exiel?? when u already had border issues with PRC back then?
1st India is a Democratic Gov, And you still don't know what is a democratic system is..

Tibetan are respected here coz they exile in peace and why not we allow them after all they are right..

Indian intelligence bureau and CIA trained some of these losers to cross boder to attack PRC or do some scouting stuff. all these were before the 1962 war...needless to say after 1962 ur R&AW created another SFF to do more dodge things against PRC anyway u india got u 2nd enemy indeed.....PRC.
When they attack PRC ?, And what was the border line as per u and we BACK THEN ?

Its really easy to blame one blind folded huh ?

3 correct me if i were wrong.........before 1962 war....pakistanis made proposals to GoI urging indians to form an aliance with pakistan to confront PRC (how ironic was that?i must say....but history always is) becoz china also had boder issues with pakistan before 1963 (till we made a deal)....and ur indians simply dismissed the proposal from pakistan........then what else can i say???

even in the 1962 war pakistan offically told India they wouldnt mind if indian troops went to attack PRC from the pakistani controled areas...........did indians do anything regarding this???that was how PRC and pakistan being friends against india????oh my......
How cute, I would PRC shake hand with japan in ww2 to rule over Korea.. ( theoretically )

beside, I never heard of such **** ever, Provide a Link in English..

my conclusions:
u indians chose to be the enemy of PRC and pakistan....kashmir dispute led to 1947 war. having border issues with PRC and supporting tibetan losers led to 1962.........when two have 1 common enemy.....why not cooperate???? u tell me???
but most importantly.....have an objective thoughts my indian friends..........what r the results and what r the reasons..........
You Chicoms, need to be educated abt history, give a look to other-side..

Where u accused other to be an enemy when doing all wrongs behind..

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Indian naval ships visit Vietnam

Indian Rear Admiral HCS Bisht, Flag Officer Commanding Eastern Fleet of Indian Navy steered two Indian naval ships named INS Delhi and INS Kirch to pay a visit to Ho Chi Minh City from May 10 – 13.
The visit aims to bolster the traditional friendship and multifaceted relationship between Vietnam and India.
At a meeting with the Indian delegation on May 11, the Deputy Chairman of the HCM City People's Committee, Le Minh Tri, affirmed that traditional relations between the two countries have been consistently enhanced and developed over the years and the visit of the two Indian naval ships would help strengthen bilateral relations.
Deputy Chairman Tri and Rear Admiral HCS Bisht expressed their belief that the visit not only helps bolster the two countries' long-standing friendship but also boosts bilateral understanding of politics, economics, trade and culture as well as defence and navy.
During the visit, the ships' crew called on the Command of the Military Zone no 7 and the Vietnam People's Navy and are expected to see Cu Chi underground tunnels and some historical and cultural sites in the city. They will also have friendly interactions and sports exchanges with students from the Navy Technical School.
Indian naval ships visit Vietnam - Indian naval ships visit Vietnam - VOVNEWS.VN

:thumb:

Arunpillai

@huaxia rox.
It seems you are still living in the past.. You seem to justify your current actions against india through arguments that were 50years old.. Let me make one thing clear to you.. India never made pakistan its enemy.. It was pakistan which made itself our enemy and continues to do so.. And also you justify your 1962 aggression against india by claiming we have refuge and support to Tibetans.. What were we supposed to do with thousands of Tibetans fleeing Chinese suppression? Line them up and shoot them like you do? Unlike you we are a democracy with freedom of speech and religion. We cant do anything if Tibetans form a government in exile.. But of course we have not officialy. recognised it... You make reference to khalistani movement, but may we ask who's supporting and arming ULFA and other Northeast militant groups?
Let me make one thing clear to our Chinese friend.. We are not afraid of a war with China.. 62 war only saw Chinese forward deployement movements and Indian defensive movements.. Whatever be the historical grouses, Your countries current actions against India will only result in a conflict scenario..

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
This visit should be the founding stone of building a strong military-to-military contact between the two countries. Vietnam is a strong country and is iron willed. UPA could learn the good aspects in terms of how to manage an enemy from them. We need to intensify cooperation in all the sector. For all the oil that southeast Asian countries have, who knows this might get us some added advantage in terms of energy trading. We need to get alternate sources from Arabs-- we're simply too over-dependent on them.

huaxia rox

First thing, Educate yourself properly, First Kashmir war broke out only when an offensive force infiltrated into Kashmir, who are not belong to natives there, hence in a defensive posture we defended, even gave POK for the one who weren't satisfied..

Its only shows our greatness, Unfortunately..

1st India is a Democratic Gov, And you still don't know what is a democratic system is..

Tibetan are respected here coz they exile in peace and why not we allow them after all they are right..

When they attack PRC ?, And what was the border line as per u and we BACK THEN ?

Its really easy to blame one blind folded huh ?

How cute, I would PRC shake hand with japan in ww2 to rule over Korea.. ( theoretically )

beside, I never heard of such **** ever, Provide a Link in English..

You Chicoms, need to be educated abt history, give a look to other-side..

Where u accused other to be an enemy when doing all wrongs behind..
1 i was just saying why china pakistan being friends against india....i was talking about the reasons behind.......did u read my posts before u shout?? i ve said.....kashmir is ur problem.........no matter how legitimate u think indians were in 1947 u have to be faced with the consequences of what u did back then now........which is........ u made pakistan ur enemy.

2 in terms of the border issues btw china and india..........i can open a new thread if u want to discuss it but i wasnt here to say what were the issues...........i was saying the issues (no matter what) made china and india enemy........its not a difficult thing to comprhend is it???

3 u need links........start with simple 1s.........from wiki.........
Sino-Indian War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Prior to the war, Pakistan also shared a disputed boundary with China, and had proposed to India that the two countries adopt a common defence against "northern" enemies (i.e. China), which was rejected by India.[23]

In 1962, President of Pakistan Ayub Khan made clear to India that Indian troops could safely be transferred from the Pakistan frontier to the Himalayas.[58]

they r in english rite???

4 need more clues?u still think tibet is something u can/should interfere........anyway if i were in ur shoes i mind my own business 1st......
Special Frontier Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

suggestions: read the timeline.......when and what happened???i though u people knew the history ......maybe not better than me if u cant go objective..........but at least knew a bit.......anyway....not need to worry about my education...........

huaxia rox

@huaxia rox.
It seems you are still living in the past.. You seem to justify your current actions against india through arguments that were 50years old.. Let me make one thing clear to you.. India never made pakistan its enemy.. It was pakistan which made itself our enemy and continues to do so.. And also you justify your 1962 aggression against india by claiming we have refuge and support to Tibetans.. What were we supposed to do with thousands of Tibetans fleeing Chinese suppression? Line them up and shoot them like you do? Unlike you we are a democracy with freedom of speech and religion. We cant do anything if Tibetans form a government in exile.. But of course we have not officialy. recognised it... You make reference to khalistani movement, but may we ask who's supporting and arming ULFA and other Northeast militant groups?
Let me make one thing clear to our Chinese friend.. We are not afraid of a war with China.. 62 war only saw Chinese forward deployement movements and Indian defensive movements.. Whatever be the historical grouses, Your countries current actions against India will only result in a conflict scenario..
1 u still think to just allow refugees in and allow them to set up a gov against a nation that rite boderes u r the same thing??if u do i dont think i m in a position to discuss this matter with u coz if some11 askes me why 1+1=3 is wrong..........what m i supposed to say???

2 democracy doesnt make u do anything rite...lets not say india but the UK.........when they were still at u say in 1940.........the UK was already a democracy........and it still had colonies through out the world.........that was how democracy being very rite?????

3 china seemed to support maoism and lefters in some nations....but in india.........even if we did.....thats AFTER u created SFF and the likes..........dont u think it was a good reaction???simply tit for tat...........but who did what 1st is something u indians never try to think deeply....(like SFF ULFA who 1st??)

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
1 i was just saying why china pakistan being friends against india....i was talking about the reasons behind.......did u read my posts before u shout?? i ve said.....kashmir is ur problem.........no matter how legitimate u think indians were in 1947 u have to be faced with the consequences of what u did back then now........which is........ u made pakistan ur enemy.
You are too dum to understand my post which clearly says the history of two nations, for your better understanding of the real situation, Before you state your own version of history taught by CCP..

2 in terms of the border issues btw china and india..........i can open a new thread if u want to discuss it but i wasnt here to say what were the issues...........i was saying the issues (no matter what) made china and india enemy........its not a difficult thing to comprhend is it???
Lack of Knowledge.. ? SERIOUSLY..
Tell me why on the first place we had a war in 1962 ?
Answer me that..

3 u need links........start with simple 1s.........from wiki.........
Sino-Indian War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Prior to the war, Pakistan also shared a disputed boundary with China, and had proposed to India that the two countries adopt a common defence against "northern" enemies (i.e. China), which was rejected by India.[23]

In 1962, President of Pakistan Ayub Khan made clear to India that Indian troops could safely be transferred from the Pakistan frontier to the Himalayas.[58]

they r in english rite???
Yes, Presume you understand English..

The dicision was obvious and nothing wrong, Its same as China working with Japanese to to fight Americans..

4 need more clues?u still think tibet is something u can/should interfere........anyway if i were in ur shoes i mind my own business 1st......
Special Frontier Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

suggestions: read the timeline.......when and what happened???i though u people knew the history ......maybe not better than me if u cant go objective..........but at least knew a bit.......anyway....not need to worry about my education...........
Wiki is a place for some one to write anything, is that u got ?

The Special Frontier Force (SFF) was created on 14 November 1962, near the end of the Indo-China War. The Cabinet Secretariat had ordered the raising of an elite guerrilla force composed mainly of Tibetan refugees. It's main goal was to conduct covert operations behind Chinese lines in the event of another Indo-China war. The first Inspector General of the SFF was a retired Indian Army Major General who was known for his unconventional thinking. Soon the SFF came to be known as 'Establishment 22' due to its first Inspector General, who used to be commander of 22 Mountain Regiment during World War II.
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/LAND-FORCES/SFF.html

That Bold part Explains lot !

Last edited:
Country flag
India, Vietnam Set to Go Ahead with South China Sea JV

India, Vietnam Set to Go Ahead with South China Sea JV | 2point6billion.com - Foreign Direct Investment in Asia

Sept. 29 – Dismissing China's recent comments strongly condemning Vietnam and India for planning oil and gas exploration in the disputed South China Sea region, India's state-run oil firm ONGC Videsh Ltd. has said it would go ahead with its planned operations in the region.

"Energy security is among our top priorities. ONGC Videsh Ltd. has been there in Vietnam for the past 10 years. Now it is planning to sign an MoU for strategic cooperation to take the ties with Petro Vietnam forward," said an Indian official.

Apparently, India has determined to "intervene" in this region and Vietnam, which is a claimant to part of the disputed territory, is willing to take India's side.

"Vietnam reiterates that cooperation projects in oil and gas between Vietnam and its foreign partners, including those in blocks 127 and 128, lie within its exclusive economic zones and continental shelf and are completely under Vietnamese sovereignty"¦ in line with the 1982 UN Convention on the Law of the Sea and with international practices, as well as with multilateral and bilateral agreements to which Vietnam is party," Vietnamese Foreign Ministry Spokesman Luong Thanh Nghi said in a statement , which reaffirmed India's comments that China has "no legal basis" to oppose the oil exploration in blocks 127 and 128 as they belong to Vietnam.

"We will proceed with drilling at our block (in the South China Sea) on a schedule established according to our technical convenience," a senior ONGC Videsh Ltd. executive said.

Sources said that India's ONGC Videsh Ltd. is going to sign the aforementioned MoU in the second week of the coming October, during which time the Vietnamese President Truong Tan Sang will be visiting India.

In addition to the MoU, India will also announce a number of plans to strengthen bilateral relations with Vietnam, including raising the line of credit and proposing to build more IT Parks in Vietnam, Indian media said.

Vietnam's President Sang met with the Indian Foreign Minister S. M. Krishna in Hanoi on September 17, and invited him to co-chair the 14th session of the Vietnam-India Joint Committee on Trade, Economic, Scientific and Technological Cooperation. On the same day, President Sang also arranged a meeting with Indian Defense Secretary Shashi Kant Sharma in Ho Chi Minh City.

"Vietnam and India always enjoy mutual support in their respective struggle for national independence as well as endeavor for construction and development," Sang stressed.

India's Defense Secretary suggested that the two countries should promote cooperation in military-related activities, including cooperation in defense technology training as well as in conducting a security dialogue at the vice-ministerial level and cooperation between a number of military sectors.

However, according to reports, India's ONGC Videsh Ltd. has given up on block 127 and is only exploring 128. Meanwhile, another Indian company Essar Group has a joint project over a gas field with Vietnam near its coast. The company claimed that the gas field does not belong to the disputed area and it did not bid for more exploration projects from Vietnam.

Galaxy

Country flag
'India should enhance defence ties with Vietnam'

Friday, October 07, 2011

New Delhi: Ahead of Vietnamese President Truong Tan Sang's visit here next week, several security experts and former diplomats on Friday favoured deeper strategic ties, particularly in defence sector with the South East Asian nation.

Addressing a workshop on India-Vietnam Cooperation, former foreign secretary MK Rasgotra sought stronger "security dimension" between the two countries, identifying Vietnam as a key player in the South China Sea region.

Former deputy national security adviser Leena Ponappa said India's relations with Vietnam are a "partnership which is more than China" and are is based on "shared mindset".

Noting that energy security was key to India's future, she said Vietnam is a "phenomenally productive country" and India must enhance cooperation with it in various areas, including defence sector.

These suggestions were made amidst controversy over oil exploration by India in Vietnamese oil blocks in the South China Sea with Chinese authorities raising objections claiming that it was their area.

However, the claim was rejected by both India and Vietnam saying as per the UN the blocks belong to Vietnam.

Seeking deepening of defence ties, particularly in maritime security sector, security expert C Raja Mohan said India could even help Vietnam in space technology and in the civil nuclear field by enhancing capacity building.

All the speakers said South China Sea was key for all the countries in the region and Vietnam having a coastline of 3,100 km is nation from security point of view.

Raja Mohan said China is apparently wary about a proposal to sell Brahmos missile systems to Vietnam by India.

Galaxy

Country flag
India looks east, to Vietnam and Myanmar

India looks east, to Vietnam and Myanmar

Saturday, October 08, 2011

NEW DELHI: India is putting its Look East policy in high gear with New Delhi preparing to welcome two important heads of state next week - Vietnamese president Truong Tan Sang and Myanmarese president Thein Sein. They will hold talks with PM Manmohan Singh and sign agreements.

The visits, which will be closely followed by China, come at a time when both countries are having their own difficulties with China. While China has been rubbing up against Vietnam on their differences on South China Sea (which Vietnam calls East Sea), Myanmar surprised everyone recently by blocking a dam being built by China in the Kachin state.

Despite their difficulties with China, though, both Vietnam and Myanmar are taking care to see that they remain deeply engaged with Beijing. Coinciding with Truong Tan Sang's visit to New Delhi, the Vietnamese government is sending the chief of the Vietnam Communist Party Nguyen Phu Trong to China to talk to the Chinese leadership about issues related to the South China Sea.

Similarly, Myanmar's vice-president, Tin Aung Myint Oo, will also travel to China next week -- ostensibly to attend the opening of a China-Asean trade event -- but in reality to explain Myanmar's decision to block the $3.6 billion Myitsone dam, following environmental protests.

As Southeast Asia's fastest growing economy, Vietnam is an attractive partner for India, quite apart from the strategic component. However, defence and strategic issues are likely to dominate discussions between the two sides. Vietnam has allowed India the use of the Nha Trang port, which is situated very close to Cam Ranh Bay, a strategically important area, formerly used by the Americans. Vietnam only opened Cam Ranh Bay to foreign vessels earlier this year, largely to counter an assertive China.

India now has growing naval and maritime relations with Vietnam, with reports that India might, at some point, consider exporting its smaller nuclear reactors to Vietnam as well as meet Hanoi's demands for the Brahmos super-cruise missile. There is no confirmation that any of these are on offer at present.

Soon after the visit of the Vietnamese president, India will play host to Thein Sein -- this will be his second overseas visit after taking over. India's ties with Myanmar have deepened, with the neighbour playing a proactive role against Indian insurgents crossing over. India is investing in a multi-modal transport system in Myanmar, though it cannot hope to counter the huge Chinese presence in the country.

Thus, Myanmar's decision to shelve the Chinese-built dam project Myitsone in response to popular protests drew fire from Beijing. Countering Myanmarese protests, China's Communist Party publication, People's Daily, blamed "foreign media" for the protests. "In recent years, Chinese companies have been active in building Myanmar's economy and have provided large amounts of advanced technology and equipment... Looking at public opinion in Myanmar, as some non-government organisations do not trust the government and have been influenced by foreign media, very few present positive information regarding Chinese investors," it said, adding the environmental impact of the project was "rather small".

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
India-Myanmar to strengthen security ties

India-Myanmar to strengthen security ties

New Delhi New Delhi, October 08, 2011

Placing a heavy premium on security-ties, India and Myanmar are working for institutionalising regular defence exchanges such as visits of army chiefs and chiefs of naval staff and exchanges between other security forces.

This along with other security and economic issues will top the agenda when new President of Myanmar U Thein Sein arrives on his first official visit to India. He will be holding meetings with top-Indian leadership on November 14.

Getting closer with Myanmar, a country that has closet of ties with China, is seen as a move in making up for the lost time as India wasn't keen on engaging with the military junta who ruled that country and still wields great influence.

India currying greater favour with Myanmar, which is taking baby steps in democracy, has also irked its friends like the US who feel that a democracy like India should speak against the human right abuses in that country.

New Delhi has also mooted the idea of a joint military operation against the anti-India insurgents who are increasingly using Myanmar as a base-all the more so after Bangladesh had cracked down on them.

Myanmar shares 1,643 km land boundary with India's four northeastern states-besides a maritime boundary. There is a feeling among the Indian officials that New Delhi hasn't made enough investments in the security-relayed areas with Myanmar.

The Ulfa faction led by Paresh Barua and the National Socialist Council of Nagaland (Khaplang) are among the eight insurgent groups that have bases in Myanmar. "We need to focus more on the security-related issues. We are trying to work out regular institutionalized mechanisms between the two armed forces and navies. Similar exchanges between the police forces will also be in order," said a senior government official.

With Bhutan and Bangladesh acting on India's security concerns arising out the anti-India insurgents, officials hope that Mynmar will do more and a joint military operation would be ideal.

Myanmar, had launched a military action against insurgent camps in Sagaing province in the first of week of September.

Ahead of the visit, the officials from both the sides are holding a series of meetings.

Country flag
India and Nuclear Vietnam

India and Nuclear Vietnam - Indian Express

While India has been talking about assisting Vietnam in the development of a civilian nuclear power programme for more than a decade, other countries, especially Russia and Japan, have moved in much quicker.

The visit of the Vietnamese President Truong Tan Sang to India this week provides an opportunity for Delhi to make amends.

In announcing their strategic partnership in 2007, Delhi and Hanoi expressed satisfaction at the 'growing bilateral cooperation between the two countries in the peaceful uses of nuclear energy'.

Since then, Vietnam announced an ambitious plan to build nuclear power plants in the country. In the next two decades, Vietnam hopes to bring at least eight nuclear power plants on line.

Nuclear power is likely to contribute more than 10 per cent of the total electric power generation in Vietnam by 2030.

While nuclear power development appears to have been set back by the nuclear accident at Fukushima last March, Hanoi is determined to press ahead.

In an interesting move, Vietnam has signed an agreement with Japan two weeks ago, to undertake a feasibility study on building nuclear reactors. The study to be undertaken by Japan Atomic Power Company will define the terms for the construction of two reactors of 1000 MW each.

While nuclear power generation has come under a cloud in Japan, Tokyo is now actively exploring the prospects exporting civilian nuclear technology.

Hanoi has already signed a deal with the Russian Rosatom to build the first nuclear power plant in Vietnam. The construction is expected to start in 2014.

Galaxy

Country flag
Vietnamese president in India to expand strategic ties

In a major strategic signal, Vietnamese President Truong Tan Sang Tuesday began a four-day visit to India that aims to provide a greater push to growing strategic bilateral ties, amid their straining ties with China over territorial disputes.

Truong, who arrived in Bangalore on the first leg of his visit, is scheduled to arrive in the capital on Wednesday when he will get to meet India's top leadership, including President Pratibha Patil, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna, according to ministry of external affairs spokesperson Vishnu Prakash and Joint Secretary (South) Arun Kumar Goel.

The two sides are expected to sign a series of bilateral agreements in the fields of energy and hydrocarbons, education, science and technology, culture and homeland security, apart from agreeing to celebrate the 40 years of their bilateral relationship in 2012 as the 'Year of Friendship'.
Truong is also likely to meet the leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj, as is the norm during bilateral visits.

The visit is expected to give an impetus to India's 'Look East' policy, with Vietnam being the largest growing economy and a major power in the 10-nation ASEAN.

"Our ties are based on mutual trust and near identical views on global issues," Prakash told reporters, while giving details of the Vietnamese President's visit.

Truong is scheduled to visit Mumbai on Thursday, where he will address a meeting of Indian trade representatives. "The two sides are likely to sign a series of agreements, including one on extradition and another to celebrate 2012 as Year of Friendship to mark 40 years of our bilateral relations," Arun Kumar Goel said.

The two sides will also hold a general discussion on security and defence cooperation, but there will be "no discussion" on missile cooperation, he said when asked if sale of India-Russian joint venture BrahMos cruise missile to Vietnam was on the agenda of talks.

He said the nuclear energy sector in Vietnam was at a nascent stage and they were considering on the technology that they may want to tap nuclear energy for peaceful, development purposes. "If they think so, they will come back to us," he said, implying that India may help Vietnam with advice on nuclear power.

With regard to space research, Goel said Vietnam was aware of India's prowess in space technologies, including developing and placing satellites in orbit and they were cooperating with India in using satellites for flood forecasting and for agriculture.

Significantly, the Vietnamese president comes here weeks after External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna's visit to Hanoi last month that saw India's state-owned ONGC Videsh sealing pacts for oil exploration in offshore blocks off the South China Sea.

Beijing, which claims full sovereignty over the entire South China Sea, has objected to the oil deals in the disputed territory. India has defended the move, saying its cooperation with Vietnam in accordance with international laws and underlined the need for freedom of navigation in South China Sea.

Ahead of his visit, President Truong defended Hanoi's deal with New Delhi, saying foreign companies were welcome to work in oil and gas projects in the continental shelf and exclusive economic zone of Vietnam. Underlining the growing strategic partnership with India, he stressed that these investments were in conformity with Vietnamese laws.

Vietnamese president in India to expand strategic ties - India - DNA

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
hahaha .......I don't know why some indians alway make big fuss for some little trivials.........

as I state again and again, one unindustrialized india can not be a serious challenger to China.....
Oceans have their origin in little springs!

China has over reached herself and let us watch its ungraceful decline!

The process has started.

The US is at it!

Lured China into capitalism and greed for money!

The US has made you a capitalist roader and the running dog of their ways of life.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles