India undermining Gwadar project: Pakistan army chief

Country flag
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-Pakistan-army-chief/articleshow/51806549.cms

India undermining Gwadar project: Pakistan army chief
Reuters | Apr 13, 2016, 11.47 AM IST
A Pakistan jawan stands guard at the Gwadar port.
GWADAR: Pakistan's army chief on Tuesday accused India of seeking to undermine his country's $46 billion project to build an economic corridor to transport goods from China's western regions through the Pakistani deepwater port of Gwadar.

Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif, speaking at a development conference on the impact of the China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), said the significance of a Pakistan-China economic alliance had "raised eyebrows" in the region.

"In this context, I must highlight that India, our immediate neighbour, has openly challenged this development initiative," Sharif told the conference in Gwadar.

"I would like to make a special reference to Indian intelligence agency RAW that is blatantly involved in destabilising Pakistan. Let me make it clear that we will not allow anyone to create impediments and turbulence in any part of Pakistan. Therefore, it is important for all to leave behind confrontation and focus on cooperation."

Indian officials could not be reached for comment late on Tuesday night.

Last month, Pakistan said it had detained a suspected Indian spy for RAW in Baluchistan, the southwestern Pakistani province.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
We should join hands with Oman,Afghans and Iranians especially on Chabahar and except full support from Gulf states since Gwadar will undermine their ports trade.

Also,give moral,military and financial support to Baloch Tribals in their freedom struggle and Ass burns to this Saddam lookalike COAS.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Under no circumstance must the CPEC be allowed to succeed, it must be sabotaged and turned into ash. If we don't act and CPEC becomes functional then we will virtually be gifting POJK to Pak on a platter.
It will also make Pak stronger and China's influence around india greater.
It's like a noose around india's neck.

Specific ideas to stop it?

DEJAVU

It will also make Pak stronger and China's influence around india greater.
It's like a noose around india's neck.

Specific ideas to stop it?
My idea is to join US to counter that.
I would love to see that happen.
Or resolve kashmir and make peace with Pakistan and work together with us with equal share and ruled world.

Last edited:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Baloch Freedom Fighters would fight this discrimination since all money looted by Pak Army using Gwadar would be taken back to Rawalpindi.

Pak Army is doing GENOCIDE of Baloch people and using their resources.Same as Bangladesh.

Country flag
Or resolve kashmir and make peace with Pakistan and work together with us with equal share and ruled world.
It has happened logistic agreement signed with USA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEJAVU

It has happened logistic agreement signed with USA

If it has happened then good days are coming for Pakistan.
China Russia Pakistan Iran will become a very strong bloc.
It will be an excellent opening for us. US will use your land to counter China. Win win situation for us.

Country flag
It will be an excellent opening for us. US will use your land to counter China. Win win situation for us.
How is it good? There are no blocs. China will be history soon.

Neo

They already have. That yahudi lawmaker clown called Dana Rohrabacher is already on their payroll.

Neo

Chahbahar will end up in Chinese hands, mark my words. Russia is already in talks with Pakistan for some mega projects connected with CPEC.

Zebra

Country flag
How....!................................................?

Neo

Chinese economy in trouble

http://www.businessinsider.com/china-needs-5-trillion-to-save-its-economy-2016-1

USA looking for war with China. The obvious. USA will block China anywhere and everywhere. Russia will not be on China's side. Gwadar will never materialize.
We've been hearing about the doomsday theories for years and how Chinese economy will collapse. I will see that when it actually happens. China is too big to fail and she's not Iraq or Afghanistan that USA can just invade. A war with China will crush the American economy beyond repair and drag down the global economy aswell which will hurt India too.

The cold war lasted for five decades and both powers came very close to a war many times but the crisis was always averted because of the nukes. China has enough to destroy the whole planet and Americans know that. There will be no war.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
China has enough to destroy the whole planet and Americans know that.
Elaborate on your point. Because we also would be able to take care of about half of the planet in that way. :biggrin2:

India is ranked just a step behind China in GFP ranking on of conventional weapons by the way. :peace:

garg_bharat

Country flag
Good days never come by begging.

Russia is too busy nowadays to worry about Pakistan.

If USA leaves Pakistan, it is China who will be left holding the hot potato. Remains to be seen how long China can hold it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles