India train crash kills three in Assam

mylegend

India train crash kills three in Assam
At least three people have been killed in a passenger train derailment in the north-eastern Indian state of Assam, officials say.

The Bongaigaon-Guwahati train hit a vehicle on the track and several carriages derailed.

Hospitals have been treating at least 50 passengers injured in the accident and rescue operations are continuing.

Train accidents in India have killed 1,220 people over the past five years, railway officials revealed recently.

The train reportedly hit a bulldozer that had got stuck on the tracks at an unmanned crossing.

At least 16 of the injured are said to be in a serious condition in the Guwahati Medical College and Hospital.

Friday morning's accident comes a day after Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi described the state-owned railway network as "sick" and in urgent need of an overhaul.

The immense railway network connects every corner of the country, operating 9,000 passenger trains a day, carrying some 18 million people.

India has set up a special $3.6bn (£2.4bn) railway safety fund to make travelling safer for the more than six billion passengers who use the transport network every year.

BBC News - India train crash kills three in Assam

The way CCP dealt with train accident is shaddy, however, it seem like things are much worse in India, Does that meant India's rail ministry is as evil as the Chinese Rail Ministry?

Chinese Rail Ministry deserved its shaddy reputation on the way they trying to cover up the cause of accident. However, India's train accident happen so much more frequent compare to China.

Both country should learn something from Japan...

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Difference is you shout that you make perfect trains and tracks while we dont claim to have perfect railways.

mylegend

Difference is you shout that you make perfect trains and tracks while we dont claim to have perfect railways.
The claims was the high-speed railway is safe. The one that have the accident was not a high-speed rail because the speed is at or lower than 250km/h.

In China, 300km/h is what classified as high-speed train(高铁), 200km-250km is classified as 动车 instead of high speed train.

Regardless of definition, the accident is tragic, and it is shame on rail ministry. Accident just should not happen, it just should not happened. There is no reason to tolerate accident.

The accused the rail ministry use sound like joke to me though.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
When there is a train accident you will find it in all newspapers, on DFI which will go all out to bash the railway system in India. What's your point? In India we have the rights to say what we want within laws of freedom of speech and expression.

mylegend

When there is a train accident you will find it in all newspapers, on DFI which will go all out to bash the railway system in India. What's your point? In India we have the rights to say what we want within laws of freedom of speech and expression.
I do not know that, I join the forum relative late, so did not join the conversation, so I guess many Indian member do attack on India's own rail system.

I was just expecting Armand to come and post video. Like what he did with 15 days 30 stories building, he is so busy searching for negative news about China, while he doesn't even understand high interest rate set by central bank usually curb inflation and slow growth. He repeatedly post those subject.

Sorry if this post offended anyone.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The thought process gone into writing the title for this thread is not correct. We will dissect a lot over here regardless of it being anywhere in the world.

mylegend

The thought process gone into writing the title for this thread is not correct. We will dissect a lot over here regardless of it being anywhere in the world.
How do I adjust the title of this article then?? I do not enjoy arguing back and forth for meaningless settled issue.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Just changed to what the report was about. Accident in Assam.

pmaitra

Why are we bashing the Indian Railways this time?

If a bulldozer gets stuck in the level crossing, how does that prove there was negligence or lack of maintenance on the part of IR?

All level crossings are IR's real estate, IR's land. IR might as well block all unmanned level crossings if it becomes too expensive to man them.

On the other hand, the general public should be willing to pay a much higher price for tickets so that IR can hire enough people for security, maintenance and infrastructure development. Given the current fares for sleeper class, the only thing that is expected is more accidents. Just don't blame IR for everything.

Last edited:

Blackwater

Railway in India is concentrated on quantity not quality. and moreover we have ugly betty and her pappu as railway minister. same ugly betty responsible for hospital deaths in WB

pmaitra

Railway in India is concentrated on quantity not quality. and moreover we have ugly betty and her pappu as railway minister. same ugly betty responsible for hospital deaths in WB
It will always be like that. It is a ministry, not a private corporation.

Increase fares, reduce accidents and deaths, but lose elections.

Reduce fares, win elections, but have thousands killed in accidents annually.

It is the people's choice to push things to and beyond the limit that there is no way IR can take steps to make services better and more secure. One cannot blame the government or the ministers alone. Accidents have been happening forever. Blame the people. Just like I said in the Anna thread, why blame the politicians if the people keep electing them?

satish007

RIP, Chinese guys, be kind, Indian should know this faster than you. don't need post here.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles