India tops Dubai's trading partners list

vram

Country flag
India has topped the list of major trading partners of Dubai, with its total trade exchange valued at $ 34.5 billion during the first 10 months of 2012.

India is followed by China with trade worth $ 25.5 billion. The US, Switzerland, and Turkey are also in the list of top five trading partners, according to data released by the Administration of Strategy and Corporate Excellence at Dubai Customs.

The value of Dubai's trade with these five countries was $ 107.5 billion, representing 38.5 per cent of Dubai's total non-oil foreign trade.

The value of non-oil trade includes direct trade, free zones trade and warehouse customs trade, Executive Chairman of Ports, Customs and Free Zone and Director General of Dubai Customs, Ahmed Butti Ahmed, said.

In a statement released to UAE's official news agency, Wam, Ahmed said this steady growth of Dubai's trade with the world reflects the recovery in the domestic economy from the global financial crisis.

"It coincides with Dubai launching many new development projects in the economic, recreational and real estate areas," Ahmed said.

Tolaha

The value of non-oil trade with Dubai signifies serious problems in India. Problems related to logistics - warehousing, ports and other infrastructure. These are monies that could have been well spent within India!

vram

Country flag
The value of non-oil trade with Dubai signifies serious problems in India. Problems related to logistics - warehousing, ports and other infrastructure. These are monies that could have been well spent within India!
ehhh no ...Dont see how you arrived at that conclusion.
I think if you look at the distribution of products with respect of import and export between the two countries.....India takes IN nearly 40% of all products/commodities exported in UAE. While also for India's advantage the trade balance is slightly in our favor. with us exporting nearly 2 billion $ worth more product to Dubai than what we are importing from them. So basically its a win-win for both. As far as UAE is concerned exports to us is growing fast and we are helping then create a more viable industry outside of OIL(after all it has to end some day) and for us currently it is generating much needed trade surplus(However small it is help full for us what with that gigantic negative trade balance we have with China).

Tolaha

ehhh no ...Dont see how you arrived at that conclusion.
I think if you look at the distribution of products with respect of import and export between the two countries.....India takes IN nearly 40% of all products/commodities exported in UAE. While also for India's advantage the trade balance is slightly in our favor. with us exporting nearly 2 billion $ worth more product to Dubai than what we are importing from them. So basically its a win-win for both. As far as UAE is concerned exports to us is growing fast and we are helping then create a more viable industry outside of OIL(after all it has to end some day) and for us currently it is generating much needed trade surplus(However small it is help full for us what with that gigantic negative trade balance we have with China).
Dubai is a important destination for warehousing wherein say a company in US that targets Asia for sale, will ship its goods to Dubai for storage/repacking/labeling and the from here, re-ship it to Indian cities. I have invested my money in a company that is trying to replace the role played by Dubai in Indian imports!

uvbar

pakistan buys indian goods via dubai as a middle man so no surprise

datguy79

Dubai is a important destination for warehousing wherein say a company in US that targets Asia for sale, will ship its goods to Dubai for storage/repacking/labeling and the from here, re-ship it to Indian cities. I have invested my money in a company that is trying to replace the role played by Dubai in Indian imports!
Good for you! :)

Let's also not forget how Indian labourers are treated in Dubai.

venkat

sometime ago watched a documentary in you tube on the real estate business in Dubai by pierce Morgan ....terrifying opulence of the Arab sheiks and the foreign Richie rich!!! All constructed by laborers from India,Pakistan and Bangladesh!!!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles