India to take up widening trade deficit issue with China

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
What western hardware companies? The only players in computer hardware world are either asian or american.
Your processor, graphics card, mother board are likely made by Western multinationals. Hardrive might be Asian. They are preferred Lenovo suppliers.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
OK. In fact, I will upgrade you to a W530 and give you back $40 for a dinner with yourself after shopping.

Description
ThinkPad W530 - 1 Year Depot Warranty Edit
Processor: Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.30 GHz) Edit
Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) Edit
Operating system language: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 - English
Display type: 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) LED Backlit AntiGlare Display, Mobile Broadband Ready Edit
System graphics: NVIDIA Quadro K1000M Graphics with 2GB DDR3 Memory Edit
Total memory: 4 GB PC3-12800 DDR3 (1 DIMM) Edit
Keyboard: Keyboard - US English Edit
Pointing device: UltraNav with Fingerprint Reader Edit
Camera: 720p HD Camera with Microphone Edit
Hard drive: 128GB Solid State Drive, SATA3 Edit
Optical device: Intel 240 GB FDE Solid State Drive, Serial ATA3 with Bay Adapter Edit
System expansion slots: Express Card Slot & 4-in-1 Card Reader Edit
Battery: 6 Cell Li-Ion TWL 70+ Edit
Power cord: 170W Slim AC Adapter - US (2pin) Edit
Integrated WiFi wireless LAN adapters: ThinkPad 1x1 b/g/n Edit
Integrated mobile broadband: Mobile Broadband upgradable Edit
Language pack: Publication - US English

YOUR SYSTEM SUMMARY
Price: $2,595.00
Web price: $1,659.00
After eCoupon: $1,459.92
You save: $1,135.08

Total $1,459.92

This is from the Lenovo Website. Customize your ThinkPad W530 Laptop | Lenovo | (US)

And stop you BS about the touchscreen. Its not even a standard option. If it was then add $100 for that.

How many more times do you want to get beaten up?

In fact for another $500, I can add another TB of SSD storage. What more do you want?

Maybe the guy you paid $7000 was Chinese? Your race has a reputation for ripping people off.

It's a company PC, I didn't pay a single penny. But I was told that it would cost 7000 dollars to buy. Also my computer has multi-touch (full-HD touch) screen, 16 gigs of ram and the fastest core i7 quad core processor available then. And you should know how much a SSD disk costs 1.5 years ago, and all this in a country where a big-mac hamburger meal at McDonalds will set you back for 15 dollars.

trackwhack

It's a company PC, I didn't pay a single penny. But I was told that it would cost 7000 dollars to buy. Also my computer has multi-touch (full-HD touch) screen, 16 gigs of ram and the fastest core i7 quad core processor available then. And you should know how much a SSD disk costs 1.5 years ago, and all this in a country where a big-mac hamburger meal at McDonalds will set you back for 15 dollars.
So basically you were displaying false pride over a piece of equipment that you don't even own? Nice.

What else did your company tell you? And who cares how much you spend on junk food made for low income families?

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
Your processor, graphics card, mother board are likely made by Western multinationals. Hardrive might be Asian. They are preferred Lenovo suppliers.
American and asian, not european. Europe has long given up its hardware industry.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
So basically you were displaying false pride over a piece of equipment that you don't even own? Nice.

What else did your company tell you? And who cares how much you spend on junk food made for low income families?
I don't know what are you talking about. I was merely poinint out that I was using a 7000 dollar laptop made by a chiense company.

trackwhack

I don't know what are you talking about. I was merely poinint out that I was using a 7000 dollar laptop made by a chiense company.
And I am merely pointing out that you were lying. Anyone reading the thread will get to see (again) that you have all the makings to become a very successful clown.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
And I am merely pointing out that you were lying. Anyone reading the thread will get to see (again) that you have all the makings to become a very successful clown.
Typical from an indian who has run out of arguments and ideas.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
India should keep slapping tariffs on Chini goods until that trade deficit goes down. Then they will get the message.
it is a good shorter-term suggestion ( "liked" ) and will help " buy " time during which india has to get the act together , at least for that product being targetted for the higher tariff ....

.....now that's easier said than done IF india tries to go it alone

but who says we HAVE to ? ...one innovation would be to get together with prc's competition and invest in them with a joint venture and then buy that product ...so we are buying our own ( proportionately ) ...there are other innovative ways of cutting that dragon down to size IFF the folks concerned will think of therm ......

i hope the temptation to grab a fast one doesnt pre-empt those possibilities

going to the dragon and complaining ? as the lead article in this thread suggests , is one heck of an IDIOTIC idea ..... it's like the dalai lama complaining to Hu Jintao about mistreatment !!!!

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
American and asian, not european. Europe has long given up its hardware industry.
The TPM chip of Lenovo computers is made in France... STM is one of the largest electronics companies in the world. :scared1:

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
The TPM chip of Lenovo computers is made in France... STM is one of the largest electronics companies in the world. :scared1:
That's like Canada claiming pride in the fact that a Canadian designed spectrometer landed on Mars aboard Curiosity.

That's what France, or in this case, STM is too....an accessory, which can be easily replaced. Great powers don't act as "accessories", or to put it bluntly, lapdogs of other states. France has resisted this "lapdogdom"/"puppetdom" or whatever you may wish to call it better than most European countries...even more than Germany (!).....but slowly, it is falling under its yoke.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
When multiplier of making a component for most electrical devices on the planet... it adds up.

huaxia rox

Maybe india should do some homeworks first--pointing out what is time-consuming procedures specifically designed for indian drugs and pharmaceutical companies. If China is doing the same to every foreign pharmaceutical company, then that is a standard procedure. India should go to WTO court with other countries if it think that is against WTO laws. However, india is the only one make complaint in this area. It seems indian companies have some blame to share.

Regarding IT, tell me how many indian programmers can speak mandrine and how many indian managers have working experiences in Chinese business circle. If indian companies don't have ability to communicate with Chinese customers, I don't know what services or IT software they can sell in China.
i think what india can offer and prc should consider is india made drugs......while fake drugs from india should not be imported 'copy drugs' from india should be no problem so long as they r cheap and effective....

in terms of IT products while people in prc r familiar with MS and apple we just dont know any IT thing from india.....and chinese speak chinese language so no possibility of setting up call centers in india therefore indians should not demand too much on this field......

Last edited:

huaxia rox

UPDATE 1-India must push China to scrap rapeseed meal ban -industry | Reuters

NEW DELHI, Aug 22 (Reuters) - India's vegetable oils industry has urged the government to press China to lift a ban on imports of Indian rapeseed meal, the chief of an industry body said on Wednesday, ahead of a visit next week by the Chinese trade minister.

Until March last year, India used to supply half of China's rapeseed meal import needs and Beijing took about 11 percent of the total oilmeal exports of Asia's largest supplier.

But China imposed a ban on rapeseed imports from the start of this year after having said last year that it had found traces of malachite green, a hazardous chemical, in shipments from India and Malaysia.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles