India to outpace China by 2030: US intelligence report

hbogyt

Is this 'one kid' rule only for Govt employees?

If so, what is the logic?

I thought it was for population control and not to divide society between the commercially employed and the Govt employed.
The One Child Policy is meant for almost everyone, but only those whose employment is tied to the state are penalised severely enough for breaches for them to actually abide by it.

Government employed - lose your job, pay a fine.

Privately employed - pay a fine.

The consequences are much more acceptable to the privately employed.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Not everyone at this forum could live that long to see that day.
I will be only 87. God willing.

Seriously, some days I feel like I have lived long enough already.

abingdonboy

Country flag
To echo most leading economists in the world- "China will grow old before it grows rich". This is hat happening when a government tries to control every aspect of its country, no control economy has ever sustained prosperity.

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned

WASHINGTON: It might be hard to visualize or believe in today's messy, gridlocked, turmoil-ridden subcontinent, but the US intelligence .....

China by 2030: US intelligence report - The Times of India[/url]
Future tense again, the day Indian people drop the preference of future tense, the day it gets the quality to out pace China.

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
To echo most leading economists in the world- "China will grow old before it grows rich". This is hat happening when a government tries to control every aspect of its country, no control economy has ever sustained prosperity.
If you a believer of what economists in the world, you have witnessed countless time of China's collapse so far. the Fact is China barely started its industrilization, being rich is not the path, growth is. we only have 51% urban population, our lands have not seen a deep down industrilization, but it is happening now, when we cultivate a mature domesitc market instead of exportation driven, Indian and China will be like Mexico and US.

abingdonboy

Country flag
our lands have not seen a deep down industrilization, but it is happening now, when we cultivate a mature domesitc market instead of exportation driven, Indian and China will be like Mexico and US.
The gap is going to be much closer than you think. And if you think China can ever truly be prosperous under the current regime then you are a lunatic. In order for the pople of China to be truly prosperous there literally needs to be revolution, it is going to come one way or another and the way it looks right now those a-hole rich elites at the top aren't going to let go of the reigns anytime soon so it could get pretty ugly...........

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
The gap is going to be much closer than you think. And if you think China can ever truly be prosperous under the current regime then you are a lunatic. In order for the pople of China to be truly prosperous there literally needs to be revolution, it is going to come one way or another and the way it looks right now those a-hole rich elites at the top aren't going to let go of the reigns anytime soon so it could get pretty ugly...........
It is even better if India can become a Canada, then the free trade zone will be far more easier

Country flag
Go Gordon!!!
I root for him, hahahah, he is man. I see how many countries are cheated by him in the end.
He would not make these statements without credibility , he is in a bigger influential
position then a 50 cent poster in a forum.

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
by the way, current regime did a far better job than current indian regime, so if we only compare these two, you are lunatic instead to dream that much.

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
He would not make these statements without credibility , he is in a bigger influential
position then a 50 cent poster in a forum.
just say your prayer he won't die in shame before China collapses by any piece.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
well said .....my only comments are that i dont think the china people have the wherewithal the whatever it takes to pulloff a revolution , so they will remain oppressed and the ruling clique will continue basically unscathed and the pretty ugly possibilities are liked to be avoided , the communist system will continue in prc , the people will NEVER have a democratic system

abingdonboy

Country flag
It is even better if India can become a Canada, then the free trade zone will be far more easier
Yep a relationship comparable to Canada and US is somthing I genuinly wish the Indians and Chinese can emulate. Of course in terms of peaceful co-existence, GDP per capita and quality of life parity, of course the military and economic (GDP PPP) gap will be much closer with India and China than they are with US and Canada.

abingdonboy

Country flag
by the way, current regime did a far better job than current indian regime, so if we only compare these two, you are lunatic instead to dream that much.
A command economy is always going to be more efficent than a noisy democracy like India. But do you really think the 1.3+ Billion Chinese are going to continue to put up with the absurd state control that is present today??

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

WASHINGTON: It might be hard to visualize or believe in today's messy, gridlocked, turmoil-ridden subcontinent, but the US intelligence community in a new report released on Monday says by 2030, a surging India, along with decelerating China, will straddle global commerce and dominate the world economy amid the gradual decline of the west.
does the report take into account that we will have a n election in 2014 with possibility of hung parliament or weak government plus likelihood of a few years with Mr Vinci in cabinet ?

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
well said .....my only comments are that i dont think the china people have the wherewithal the whatever it takes to pulloff a revolution , so they will remain oppressed and the ruling clique will continue basically unscathed and the pretty ugly possibilities are liked to be avoided , the communist system will continue in prc , the people will NEVER have a democratic system
At lease we didn't do this:

For something you guys take for granted, Chinese people just cannot imagine it. Can any Chinese imagine in Henan province a group of Paramiliatry police was ambushed like this and killed like this? so words are very weak.

But you mentionned revolution, this is a good sign, I think Indian being the current Indian just because it did not revolute.

gokussj9

Country flag
does the report take into account that we will have a n election in 2014 with possibility of likely hung parliament plus likelihood of a few years with Mr Vinci in cabinet ?
The report seems to be more of a lip services from the US think-tanks more than anything.
18 years is too much of a duration to predict anything in this volatile and turbulent environment where
war between many countries is very much on the cards.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
At lease we didn't do this:For something you guys take for granted, Chinese people just cannot imagine it. Can any Chinese imagine in Henan province a group of Paramiliatry police was ambushed like this and killed like this? so words are very weak.
But you mentionned revolution, this is a good sign, I think Indian being the current Indian just because it did not revolute.
to respond to you (only ) , i will abandon diplomatic language and tell you plainly :

Mod: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Purged xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The One Child Policy is meant for almost everyone, but only those whose employment is tied to the state are penalised severely enough for breaches for them to actually abide by it.

Government employed - lose your job, pay a fine.

Privately employed - pay a fine.

The consequences are much more acceptable to the privately employed.
Thanks.

It clarifies the issue.

It means that no matter what, the Govt is serious in keeping population down so that the benefits that the State can provide is to a larger number than if there was a very large population and growing.

So, it would be wrong to assume that if you are an employee of a private concern, then you can have more than one child.

Farmers are also allowed to have more than one children as has been mentioned by one poster?

Now, if the farmers have more than one child, there will be no guarantee that they will work on the farmer when they grow up and get educated and go to find some non farming jobs.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles