India to Help Boost Nigeria's Air Defences

drkrn

Indian AD weaponry is indeed old, But not the SAMs, SA-6 are very good sam and have advantage over Akash..

though what Indian Army need is mass amount of SAMs which is addition to SA-6 sams..

so you mean sa-6 is better?

agentperry

well nowhere in the article its written that India will be exporting SAMs. its just that photos of akash are posted alongwith people are assuming that nigeria could be the export market for akash sams.
India can export variety of stuff which includes radars and anti-aircraft guns. also india is license producing huge no of MANPADs so these items can also be exported.

if chinese can sell junk to pakistanis then we can also sell so called junk to nigerians

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
This is a good move, although I would prefer a better focus on Eastern Africa which directly impacts the Indian Ocean rim. This starts with Egypt and Ethiopia in the north to Tanzania, Mozambique and South Africa in the south.
And Somalia obviously? North Eastern horn of Africa. Perhaps most relavant then in the context you've mentioned.

alphacharlie

This is an excellent oppertunity to sell SAM -3s we have ample in storage. To Nigeria it will serve very well, seeing their Threat perception.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
India should think of first replacing its own antiquated weaponry before helping nigeria.Indians must thank Gen.V.K.singh and that lady of Joint secretary rank in PMO who leaked his letter to let indian public know about the state of indian armed forces weaponry.
Well said but for Pakistan India has enough !

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
first get our own house in order then help others.
well this is not right i feel ,yes i agree our AD are obsolete ,but it's not that we cant contribute ,if our AD is obsolete their's even more pathetic .Well we have helped SRILANKA ,so why cant we help nigerians i mean by this we can expand our's influence there .
& ofcourse Nigeria has no deadly advanced enemy that it need cutting edge weapons to counter it.India should sell it's indigenious weapons or even it's decommisioned weapons at throwaway prices, that would also do.

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
well nowhere in the article its written that India will be exporting SAMs. its just that photos of akash are posted alongwith people are assuming that nigeria could be the export market for akash sams.
India can export variety of stuff which includes radars and anti-aircraft guns. also india is license producing huge no of MANPADs so these items can also be exported.
true .!!!

But if they can afford Akash SAM ,it is good weapon compare to price to it's western or chinese counterpart

if chinese can sell junk to pakistanis then we can also sell so called junk to nigerians
well of course ,but our junk are more worth of money than chinese junk :D

cw2005

Making a sale of this nature is not for profit but for influence. I passed Kaduna airport two weeks ago and saw Chinese made J7NI and JT7NI parked in the runway and I also aware Nigerian has bought several warship from China to be delivered this year and next year. I visited Ghana last year and saw the only jet they have are two K8s. India can selll whatever they want to Nigeria at whatever price. But bear in mind that making a sale of military equipment is not purely "Business".

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Making a sale of this nature is not for profit but for influence. I passed Kaduna airport two weeks ago and saw Chinese made J7NI and JT7NI parked in the runway and I also aware Nigerian has bought several warship from China to be delivered this year and next year. I visited Ghana last year and saw the only jet they have are two K8s. India can selll whatever they want to Nigeria at whatever price. But bear in mind that making a sale of military equipment is not purely "Business".
No one here is talking about business..

alphacharlie

This also means our equipment could reach Chincoms as well....Mr Antony hope you are awake?!!

Tronic

First, modernize our 97% obsolete air defense and once we are self-sufficient, then help Nigeria.
first get our own house in order then help others.
By than, we would loose half of Africa to the Chinese, and in the future we would all be sitting here blaming India for not being more pro-active in Africa.

As I said before, look at our Military needs, and our Geo-political needs in two different contexts. Don't mix them both up.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles