India to have shield from missiles of 5,000 km range

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
I don't want to derail this thread by going off topic we can open another thread for it but suffice to say that India has variable yield nuclear warheads especially the FBF and the staged fusion devices , it depends upon air burst, contact or proximity modes of deployment . The FBF device can go from 10kt to 65 kt by cross mixing or limiting the use of deuterium and tritium gas introduction and the staged device can go from 10 kt just primary by making sure it doesn't cross the Coulomb barrier to 200 kt with complete second stage consumption . I would not reply anymore as this will derail thread
:confused1: English please!

no smoking

Country flag
I don't want to derail this thread by going off topic we can open another thread for it but suffice to say that India has variable yield nuclear warheads especially the FBF and the staged fusion devices , it depends upon air burst, contact or proximity modes of deployment . The FBF device can go from 10kt to 65 kt by cross mixing or limiting the use of deuterium and tritium gas introduction and the staged device can go from 10 kt just primary by making sure it doesn't cross the Coulomb barrier to 200 kt with complete second stage consumption . I would not reply anymore as this will derail thread

All you lists are just theoretical solutions, which were used by other countries. But knowing them is different from being able to use them in practice. It is like we all know how jet engine work, we even know some technical details of famous engines, but create or even copy an engine is another story.
It costs each of P5 10-15 years and more than 10 tests to maturate their minimized warhead design. I don't think anyone can skip this long R&D period unless Indian scientists discover some new physical theories. But so far I haven't heard anything big like this.

Yes, you have no need to reply unless you have something to backup your claim.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles