India to be world's factory hub, says Samsung's president & CEO

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Re: India to be world's factory hub, says Samsung's president & CEO BD

Low labor cost, low material cost, that is not cheap?

Competitive? Bullshit! Then why did India fail to attract foreign investment in the last 3 decades?

Only after Chinese wages are hiked, you Indians have got the chance, it further proves that investment is going to India for only one reason, Indians are cheap. For whatever reason you may list, you are cheap.

High end? Are you kidding? You expect what is moving out of China to be high end? Samsung set up a couple of factories in India, they are going to be high end? What high end have you got so far? Or as usual, you will have it IN THE FUTURE?

Yes, we produce shoddy goods, mostly for customers like Indians who want everything cheap. We also produce good quality stuff for those who could afford.

But Indians produce nothing. A country as big as India, you cant even make a decent rifle. It takes you 30+ years to develop a tank and an aircraft, yet they are not finished. How many years is your self made aircraft carrier behind the schedule?

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2
Cheap, but not being cheap! ;)

If you feel that the rug is silpping underneath your feet, then lower your wages that are artificially high, given the shoddy goods they produce.

Our aircraft career is our and not out of an old ship calling it indigenous like the Chinese, or stealing secrets and copycatting.

Srinivas_K

Country flag

Competitive? Bullshit! Then why did India fail to attract foreign investment in the last 3 decades?
India is been attracting FDI in High end jobs like IT and ITES for almost 3 decades, India is a democracy and things some times takes time to make decisions, It is not like an CCP decides to build a road and all the people of the village have to shift to new barren lands for little compensation by the corrupt CCP officials.
But the current Govt. has the absolute majority and will to do things in a better way than China.

Only after Chinese wages are hiked, you Indians have got the chance, it further proves that investment is going to India for only one reason, Indians are cheap. For whatever reason you may list, you are cheap.
Chinese built their economy on Patient violations, offering cheap services through prison labor camps, Pollution, no human rights, etc...etc.. need I have to say more.

The West lost the advantage of producing the goods cheaply when Chinese offered to do the same manufacturing cheaply , the same thing is happening with India right now.

High end? Are you kidding? You expect what is moving out of China to be high end? Samsung set up a couple of factories in India, they are going to be high end? What high end have you got so far? Or as usual, you will have it IN THE FUTURE?
India has the pool of people who have the expertise in R&D

India is emerging as an R&D destination unlike China who started concentrating on producing Cheap goods and then started climbing the ladder, Indians are good in Science and Mathematics and there is a culture associated with these fields, the talent is already there and the investments are pouring in to do R&D and manufacture high end products.

Almost every MNC who is ready to establish their center here in India are coming up with plans to establish R&D facility as well.

Yes, we produce shoddy goods, mostly for customers like Indians who want everything cheap. We also produce good quality stuff for those who could afford.

There are people who like cheap goods and there are people who like quality goods in every society, good thing is as the middle class grows in India people want quality products.

But Indians produce nothing. A country as big as India, you cant even make a decent rifle. It takes you 30+ years to develop a tank and an aircraft, yet they are not finished. How many years is your self made aircraft carrier behind the schedule?
Why do we need to produce those stuff , it is like we neglected the defense manufacturing since we only have to deal with a small country called Pakistan, But now the threats are emerging from China as well so we are speeding up the projects and also investing in Defense R&D.

kenduffy

the software industry revenue of China is more than 4 times that of India

The data also show that in 2013, international patent applications worldwide through the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) are 205,000, an increase of 5.1%, which is a record high. United States (57,239), Japan (43,918), Chinese (21,516), Germany (17,927) and South Korea (12,386) are the top five respectively. China ranks the third, which for the first time surpasses Germany; accounting for 10.5% of the global total, with an increase of nearly 1 percent against 2012. In the corporate patent applications, ZTE Corporation relegated Panasonic (2,881) with 2,309 published PCT international patent applications, ranking second in the world; Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. ranked the third with 2,094, one rank higher compared to last year.

After China, India (1,392) is the largest user of the PCT system among low- and middle-income countries, followed by Turkey (835), Brazil (661), South Africa (350), Malaysia (310) and Mexico (233). China drop these developing nations behind a lot.

India 1,392
China: 21516

Srinivas_K

Country flag

the software industry revenue of China is more than 4 times that of India

The data also show that in 2013, international patent applications worldwide through the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) are 205,000, an increase of 5.1%, which is a record high. United States (57,239), Japan (43,918), Chinese (21,516), Germany (17,927) and South Korea (12,386) are the top five respectively. China ranks the third, which for the first time surpasses Germany; accounting for 10.5% of the global total, with an increase of nearly 1 percent against 2012. In the corporate patent applications, ZTE Corporation relegated Panasonic (2,881) with 2,309 published PCT international patent applications, ranking second in the world; Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. ranked the third with 2,094, one rank higher compared to last year.

After China, India (1,392) is the largest user of the PCT system among low- and middle-income countries, followed by Turkey (835), Brazil (661), South Africa (350), Malaysia (310) and Mexico (233). China drop these developing nations behind a lot.

India 1,392
China's software market is big and is hard for other countries like India to get access.

Indian software firms are trying to get access to Chinese market.

kenduffy

China's software market is big and is hard for other countries like India to get access.

Indian software firms are trying to get access to Chinese market.
India can get access to the west market due to English advantages, that is why it is hard for India to expand your business in China.
IT services is more a culture/business stuff than technology

Last edited:

blueblood

India 1,392
Ah, the false flagger returns with a new name.

A study done by researchers at Wuhan University in 2010 says more than 100 million U.S. dollars changes hands in China every year for ghost-written academic papers. The market in buying and selling scientific papers has grown five-fold in the past three years.

Publication Bubble Threatens China's Scientific Advance---Chinese Academy Of Sciences

Thus despite its massive investment in science and the size of its population, papers produced by Chinese scientists only represented 1.56 per cent of those cited by other scientists by the end of this period — about the same rate as those produced by scientists in Belgium.

"India's major science institutes have significant strengths, produce high-quality graduates and have made critical contributions to the country's sustained economic growth."

China, Brazil and India lead southern science output - SciDev.Net

Michiel Kolman, senior vice-president of Elsevier in charge of global academic relations, said the company's database also showed that India was steadily gaining global leadership in different research areas. An analysis of research leadership areas from 2006 to 2010 showed that India was a global leader in 159 research areas, against 130 for the previous five years.

India ahead of China in quality of scientific papers - The Hindu

You guys are so much better than us.:taunt:

shiphone

Country flag

and two comments on this news are also very interesting

Given the extent to which rot has spread globally in education systems, I would be cautious in the amount of trust I would place in the study. The body conducting the study has been criticized by Stanford for overpricing and publishing sub-standard research. The BBC ran an article on how this company offered Amazon vouchers to academics who would offer its publications 5 star reviews.If the LSE can award a PhD to Saif-Al Islam on the basis of a plagiarized thesis for 1.5 million dollars, I would be very cautious in accepting this study per se. Clarifications must be sought as to who ordered this study, what was the general nature of the study, what were the specific metrics investigated and when was the study concluded and the final report published. Because it seems a little too convenient - the PM worries that CHINA is ahead of India in volume of research and 48 hrs later this report saying that the same CHINA is behind India in quality.
Posted on: Jan 6, 2012 at 17:05 IST
Citation index that low isn't something commendable. India has one of the lowest number of scientists per capita in the world. The percentage of GDP invested in science is quite low comparatively. Hope we also improve upon real problems and solutions besides moving ahead in science metrics.
Posted on: Jan 6, 2012 at 17:01 IST

----------------------
and this reminds me an article about one month ago, also by indian media(TOI)...

Change head!!8 Indians pale in comparison with 163 Chinese in list of highly-cited researchers

Eight Indian scientists, including two from Chandigarh, have been honoured with their inclusion it a recently released global list of "Highly Cited Researchers." However, the Indian performance pales in comparison with China, who has a whopping 163 scientists in the list which features top researchers from 21 fields.

The list, which represents some of world's leading scientific minds, includes over 3,000 researchers whose work is among the top 1% most cited work in their respective subjects. Regarded as a measure of work impact of these scientists, the list is dominated by the United States, which has more than half the entries. India's performance is, however, at par with other BRICS partners. Brazil has five researchers in the elite group, while Russia has eight. On the other hand, 11 researchers from South Africa make it to the global list.

India also falls behind other East Asian countries like Japan with 102, South Korea with 25 and Singapore with 11 scientists. Iran has 11 entries, but it is Saudi Arabia which stuns everyone with 180 listings.

Last edited:

kenduffy

Ah, the false flagger returns with a new name.

A study done by researchers at Wuhan University in 2010 says more than 100 million U.S. dollars changes hands in China every year for ghost-written academic papers. The market in buying and selling scientific papers has grown five-fold in the past three years.

Publication Bubble Threatens China's Scientific Advance---Chinese Academy Of Sciences

Thus despite its massive investment in science and the size of its population, papers produced by Chinese scientists only represented 1.56 per cent of those cited by other scientists by the end of this period — about the same rate as those produced by scientists in Belgium.

"India's major science institutes have significant strengths, produce high-quality graduates and have made critical contributions to the country's sustained economic growth."

China, Brazil and India lead southern science output - SciDev.Net

Michiel Kolman, senior vice-president of Elsevier in charge of global academic relations, said the company's database also showed that India was steadily gaining global leadership in different research areas. An analysis of research leadership areas from 2006 to 2010 showed that India was a global leader in 159 research areas, against 130 for the previous five years.

India ahead of China in quality of scientific papers - The Hindu

You guys are so much better than us.:taunt:
PCT system is another thing, it is global standard, not Chinese standard.

blueblood

and two comments on this news are also very interesting

----------------------
and this reminds me an article about one month ago, also by indian media(TOI)...

Change head!!8 Indians pale in comparison with 163 Chinese in list of highly-cited researchers
Let me put it in the words you will never understand but you mat ask your paki friends to translate.

Tum hi tum ho kya tum ho
Hum hi hum hai toh kyas hum hai

Stop being so bloody "holier than thou". Almost every single Indian knows what the problems are, the difference is we don't shout "CCP hu akbar"(TM pending). You do.

We know what you are and we most certainly know what we are, so stop playing the bullshit games you play on other fora.:rock:

RedDragon

Let's have some patience. 5 Years to check it again, to see if India has take China's place to become the world's factory hub. But I must say that I have see some article like this some years ago, but it still hasn't become reality now.
Perhaps with the magic of Modi, it will be achieved, and without pollution and sweat factory. Anyway let wait and see.

And to Ray and your so called "Indian Chinese friend", I would like to send this message back to you:"操你祖宗十八代 cào nǐ zǔzōng shíbā dà". By the way that means "---- your family for 18 generations". Perhaps that will make you happy? I don't know. If you are not happy please do not throw it to others.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Let's have some patience. 5 Years to check it again, to see if India has take China's place to become the world's factory hub. But I must say that I have see some article like this some years ago, but it still hasn't become reality now.
Perhaps with the magic of Modi, it will be achieved, and without pollution and sweat factory. Anyway let wait and see.

And to Ray and your so called "Indian Chinese friend", I would like to send this message back to you:"操你祖宗十八代 cào nǐ zǔzōng shíbā dà". By the way that means "---- your family for 18 generations". Perhaps that will make you happy? I don't know. If you are not happy please do not throw it to others.
I fail to understand why your haemorrhoid are flame.

This is not a China - India thing.

It is all about profits, idiot - as the US saying does.

Which idiot will pay a high salary, high cost of raw material, high cost of transportation and still think that he will profit?

China is no longer competitive.

SE Asia and India are.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Too bad

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Too bad. Here is a message to Chinese posters and Chinese Communists.

I believe it means a bad egg.

and this for you

小弟弟 and 老二

Last edited:

RedDragon

Ray, you really make me confused, you are a elder man or a teenager? Or a teenager pretend to be a elder man, or a elder man have lost his mind? Anyway, It's none of my business, I will just throw your bad words back to you.
And for the subject of this thread, the key is productivity. The USA's salary is even higher than China, but some business is still profitable in the USA. That is because it has better infrastructure and better trained workers so even the salary is high, it is still profitable. And that is still reasonable in the China-India thing.
The business man is smart, they will do a business lossing money. And their work will make the resource and business location optimized. Let's see how the world industry optimized in the coming years.
I think if there are any country can take China's place, it is India. because other country just don't have enough human power. But that need better infrastructure, better education, better trained work force, discipline, and a whole system. Now Modi has been chosed, I think it is a correct choice. But it still need time, and at the same time the world is not static, other country are also evolving. When you take some business from China, perhaps China has also take some business from the USA. Who knows, only time can give the real result.

Sambha ka Boss

I fail to understand why your haemorrhoid are flame.

This is not a China - India thing.

It is all about profits, idiot - as the US saying does.

Which idiot will pay a high salary, high cost of raw material, high cost of transportation and still think that he will profit?

China is no longer competitive.

SE Asia and India are.
China's economy as a world factory has reached stagnation. The growth rate is being maintained by massive investment in the projects like HSR or housing sector.

Srinivas_K

Country flag

China's economy as a world factory has reached stagnation. The growth rate is being maintained by massive investment in the projects like HSR or housing sector.

Since China's HSR is in losses they are inviting private players in this sector.

nimo_cn

Country flag

Since China's HSR is in losses they are inviting private players in this sector.
China is inviting private investment because China is building more HSR, not because Chinese HSR is losing money.

nimo_cn

Country flag

it's true that the era of China being the world factory will end, but doesnt mean the end of Chinese economy development. We will find another way.

Srinivas_K

Country flag

China is inviting private investment because China is building more HSR, not because Chinese HSR is losing money.

China HSR extension is halted now a days, the maintenance costs are more compared to revenue reason CCP is privatizing the sector. A profitable organization will not be privatized.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles