India test-fires manoeuvrable version of BrahMos

sasi

The Hindu : News / National : India test-fires manoeuvrable version of BrahMos
India on Wednesday successfully test-fired a highly manoeuvrable version of the 290-km range supersonic cruise missile BrahMos from a naval warship off the coast of Vishakhapatnam in Bay of Bengal.
"At 9.30 am, the missile blasted off in a pre-designated war scenario taking a 'double— manoeuvre in S-form' hitting the designated target ship just one meterabove water line. The sheer velocity and power of hit made the missile rip through the ship's hull," BrahMos Aerospace CEO A. Sivathanu Pillai said here.
This is the 34th launch of BrahMos after the successful October launchfrom INS Teg in the Arabian Sea.
The BrahMos missile system was inducted into the Indian Navy in 2005 when it began arming the Rajput-class guided missile destroyers and inducted subsequently in many warships.
BrahMos is capable of acquiring data not only from the American GPS butalso from Russian GLONASS satellite systemsalso, which ensures double redundancy.
In the last stage, the seeker takes over and the target is located with accuracy of few meters which ensures no chancesof survival for the target.
"This has been proved once again today and withbulls eye accuracy," officials said.
Defence Minister A.K. Antony congratulated the warship commander and Indian Navy and BrahMos team for the demonstration of capabilities, they said.
/

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
A K Antony should lift his dhoti and sit on this missile for few more days, lets see it will hatch into few more missiles, to be placed in storage for its shelf life to expire without a fire on enemies beheading our Soldier.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Double S Maneuvre for a supersonic cruise missile is a remarkable feat.

Defcon 1

Country flag
Did this test use the indigenous components like failed July test or Russian components only?

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
MMRCA , Brahmos, AGNI-5 what is the use , just will be the showcase weapon . A poor soldier had to walk on patrol i doubt he had basic self protection gear or intelligence about the he is going to be beheaded

Stop all this worlds best missile etc etc , what is the use of this if we are not able to protect mumbai in 2008 from bunch of terrorist ?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
MMRCA , Brahmos, AGNI-5 what is the use , just will be the showcase weapon . A poor soldier had to walk on patrol i doubt he had basic self protection gear or intelligence about the he is going to be beheaded

Stop all this worlds best missile etc etc , what is the use of this if we are not able to protect mumbai in 2008 from bunch of terrorist ?
Hundreds of American soldiers have been killed in Afghanistan and Iraq. Don't they have the best weapons ?

I understand you are pissed off but get a perspective. Lets not honour the fallen by dishonouring the Armed Forces and the Nation.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Hundreds of American soldiers have been killed in Afghanistan and Iraq. Don't they have the best weapons ?
Americans would have unleashed hell on anybody who would have done this to their soldiers. And those deaths are in combat, come on.

natarajan

I understand you are pissed off but get a perspective. Lets not honour the fallen by dishonouring the Armed Forces and the Nation.
Difference is they are not killed in usa but in different country but our soldiers getting killed in peace time in our mother land.When you are invading or in different country causality may happens but its no sense is comparing with our case

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned

I appologize but US army is killed because of their world policeman job , what did that Lance naik Sir Hemraj & other Sir Singh did? how their family will feel , what govt can do a medal not more than that:mad::mad:

Im not dishonouring ther armed force & Nation , But i agree i dishounour this spineless govt who are busy in votebank policy & waste tax payers money on peace talk with the buffons the otherside

2008 mumbai attack , armed just sit & watch how we will force pakistan through UN & USA without firing a bullet so that all the guilty get punished

USA's own nationalist headly is happy in US jail , soon he will be out & Hafiz saeed in pak is free inspite of UN sanctions warns india again of fresh mumbai kind of attack :lol::lol:

JBH22

Indian psyche

Hijack airliners- Talk and release
Attack on parliament - Sit and pray
Attack on Temple,Train - Condemnation
Attack on Mumbai- Media serenade and then nothing

Its hard to swallow but we have good for nothing in office :p

I will also blame army for that after that attack they should have been more cautious.

sukhish

Americans would have unleashed hell on anybody who would have done this to their soldiers. And those deaths are in combat, come on.
true,
american economy is 15 trillion and ours is 1.7 trillion, with four time more population. you see the difference now ?

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
american economy is 15 trillion and ours is 1.7 trillion, with four time more population. you see the difference now ?
See the context in which this was posted.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Don't demean their martyrdom. They were armed, patrolling the border and the enemy decided to show his true colours.

And a similar incident happened in 2000 too.

To rest of the guys. See the context. Weapons and money don't count out for much when you are outnumbered and outgunned. And such situations do happen time and again.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Don't demean their martyrdom.
I was talking about the american soldiers who die in combat operations since they are (already at war)not the Indian soldiers who were attacked during ceasefire.

sathya

Country flag
time to unleash Pinaka 2 or Smearch artillery rain on terrorist training camps in PoK... :mad:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
i think they have taken block 3 brahmos and modified it for anti ship role.

sathya

Country flag
may be they tested NIRBHAY parts or nirbhay itself..

just my speculation.:lol:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles