India's Anti-Satellite (ASAT) Weapons

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
China daily also cried too much. They praised Manmohan singh and criticized Modi saying that Manmohan in larger interest of world peace cancelled this test twice. What was the need to do such test now. Modi don't listen to anybody and he has no concern for what others think about . He does whatever he think ok without considering world opinion.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
An all total of three LRTR and two MFCR at four different locations were involved in Mission Shakti.

Screenshot_20190408-092506.png

Screenshot_20190408-134752.png

A LRTR MFCR pair is deployed somewhere near Balasore.

The third LRTR is deployed somewhere in Madhya Pradesh. There is no need to know the exact location.

The second MFCR is deployed somewhere in northern Orissa.

Both the MFCR and LRTR are trailer mounted. They are mobile platforms and can be deployed at the required place with ease. Same applies for the EO stations as well.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
An all total of three LRTR and two MFCR at four different locations were involved in Mission Shakti.

View attachment 33871

View attachment 33872

A LRTR MFCR pair is deployed somewhere near Balasore.

The third LRTR is deployed somewhere in Madhya Pradesh. There is no need to know the exact location.

The second MFCR is deployed somewhere in northern Orissa.

Both the MFCR and LRTR are trailer mounted. They are mobile platforms and can be deployed at the required place with ease. Same applies for the EO stations as well.
my three locations of LRTR.

Its in middle of south India, Known location for research of LRTR. (exact location not shared)

That means we have sufficient LRTRs. Also they have already made naval version for the ship, which is already installed and operational.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Namaste Ji. Do you know the hue and cry of Gora in British parliament. One gora MP said that they used to teach India before few years, Now Britain looks dwarf against India. It followed by usual rant that UK should not help India etc. because India's space program is very advance now .
Please provide me the source of the gora,
Maja aata hai dekhne mein un logon ki nayi inferiority complex.

Skdas

From the high def vid, it looks like we are using Hydrazine based thrusters for both DCS and ACS.

Though an evil substance, Hydrazine based thrusters can have a slower reacting valves due to lower ISP and that's what we can see in the vid too. Lower ISP results in more fuel burn hence bigger fuel tanks, hence bigger KKV.

I am sure this is what we did in 2 years... Give it another 5 and a good amount of DARPA style funding, DRDO will too have a hovering style KKV (like Raytheon one) and an unkil saying "aaall-right" as the background score of its test video.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
I don't think Raytheon KKV has a range of 200 km.

AD-1 and AD-2 are for terminal phase interception whose role is similar to AAD and PDV for endo and exo atmospheric but can take care of more high speed targets. Together they will do the role of PAC-3 and THAAD. Whereas PDV-MK2 (or XSV-1) is for ASAT killer missile for satellites at lower earth orbit (LEO). Secondary use is definately mid course ICBM interceptor(velocity 10km/sec) but it is an overkill for a any ICBM field by P5 countries whose speed is generally around 6-7 km/sec.

Jameson Emoni

The ASAT missile had a seeker with a range of 200KM. This will come in handy when used on a BMD missile. As long as the BMD missile will get within 200KM range of the target BM, it will be golden. Because after that it will be able to home on to the target.

no smoking

Country flag
Secondary use is definately mid course ICBM interceptor(velocity 10km/sec) but it is an overkill for a any ICBM field by P5 countries whose speed is generally around 6-7 km/sec.
Can you provide the source of this 10km/sec velocity?

happylion

Country flag
No it is not Mach 10. Closing velocity was 10.5 Kms/ second. If I remember right satellite was at 7.5 Kms/ sec and ASAT at 3 Kms/ sec.
Satellite speed should be easily calculable based on orbital height.
GEO sats "travel" at around 3.3 Kms / second making them " stationary" to the ground track. Lower earth orbits are faster with multiple revolutions precessing the earth though revisit times are slower

Enquirer

With the kind of sensitivity and control attained by the divert thrusters in the ASAT KKV, I think a very similar KKV could be used in the Anti-ship Ballistic missile that's supposed to be in conception.

Last edited:

happylion

Country flag
With the kind of sensitivity and control attained by the divert thrusters in the ASAT KKV, I think a very similar KKV could be used in the Anti-ship Ballistic missile that's supposed to be in conception.
If it is ballistic I wonder how they will be able to do terminal guidance as the ship will be moving and if the RV is heated up and has a plasma sheath around it ?
The so called Chinese carrier killer at the end of the day "killed" just an outline of a ship.
Any idea how this can be done ?

happylion

Country flag
One thing though- we have shown we have rapid real time midcourse correction

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles