India successfully test-fires supersonic interceptor missile

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Now we have localised parts for BMD to large extent. Major parts of BMD were tracking radar, fire control radar, AWAC, Proximity radar on interceptor, warhead and missile.

Earlier we had Green pine as tracking radar, now we have surpassed super green pine, with our own.

Fire control radar was french, we may be using our own now.

AWAC, we have both Isreali and DRDO awac.

Earlier Russian proximity radar sensor on interceptor. Now we have better and mature system by DRDO.

Warhead was always our but it gone upgrade long time ago.

Missile specially PAD and now PDV was always our strength.

I must say we can track football size target at 400-800 kms and once it come under our range can take it out. It will be on look shoot shoot mode as we dont have luxury of time at our hand. So PDV/PAD will hit it first through proximity sensor then AAD will take it out as it comes falling on HTK mode.

Guys dont go by what we are testing it against, now we have fast super computers, simulators and data of RV both from Pakistani tests and our own tests.

Although its always better to test on real target but we dont have test range and we cant test on the head of our citizens like Pakistani does.

Lets wait for floating test range then let it test against real RV.

indiatester

Country flag
Now we have localised parts for BMD to large extent. Major parts of BMD were tracking radar, fire control radar, AWAC, Proximity radar on interceptor, warhead and missile.

Earlier we had Green pine as tracking radar, now we have surpassed super green pine, with our own.

Fire control radar was french, we may be using our own now.

AWAC, we have both Isreali and DRDO awac.

Earlier Russian proximity radar sensor on interceptor. Now we have better and mature system by DRDO.

Warhead was always our but it gone upgrade long time ago.

Missile specially PAD and now PDV was always our strength.

I must say we can track football size target at 400-800 kms and once it come under our range can take it out. It will be on look shoot shoot mode as we dont have luxury of time at our hand. So PDV/PAD will hit it first through proximity sensor then AAD will take it out as it comes falling on HTK mode.

Guys dont go by what we are testing it against, now we have fast super computers, simulators and data of RV both from Pakistani tests and our own tests.

Although its always better to test on real target but we dont have test range and we cant test on the head of our citizens like Pakistani does.

Lets wait for floating test range then let it test against real RV.
Nice to read @sayareakd . I disagree on the highlighted point. You can launch from Andaman to the southern coast and test a fairly large range incoming missile or you can do it from the western coast too.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Nice to read @sayareakd . I disagree on the highlighted point. You can launch from Andaman to the southern coast and test a fairly large range incoming missile or you can do it from the western coast too.
In a way you are right, but the fact is that we dont have test range there, where we can collect lot of data.

Wish GOI make range in A&N to launch A1 towards Dr. Kalam test range, till floating range become operational.

I read about the fact that DRDO want to test A1 against our BMD. But they are busy with making duel color sensor for PDV.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
DRDO is the only org qualified to make any claims about the success and failure of the systems they test as they are the only ones present at the test site. "Informed sources" can say anything they want because there is no onus to prove the credibility of their claims. The onus is on the reader to take everything they say at face value. Informed sources have also told me that the author who wrote that piece was born after his mom was raped by three stray dogs years ago.

To prove my claims, I'm providing the same amount of proof which the author has provided : none.

Those who believed him ought to believe my informed sources as well, under the same pretext. Albeit, there is still a higher chance that my claims are more accurate than his. Thank you.

Last edited:

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
DRDO is the only org qualified to make any claims about the success and failure of the systems they test as they are the only ones present at the test site. "Informed sources" can say anything they want because there is no onus to prove their credibility. The onus is on the reader to take everything they say at face value. Informed sources have also told me that the author who wrote that piece was born after his mom was raped by three stray dogs years ago.

To prove my claims, I'm providing the same amount of proof which the author has provided : none.

Those who believed him ought to believe my informed sources as well, under the same pretext. Albeit, there is still a higher chance that my claims are more accurate than his. Thank you.
I too don't believe in such informed sources but it is not an encouraging way to appreciate the burdens, attempts and talents by our people at DRDO who put their everything sometimes to innovate things and make them work. This paid media should be crushed like cockroaches. They should be shown their place.

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
I too don't believe in such informed sources but it is not an encouraging way to appreciate the burdens, attempts and talents by our people at DRDO who put their everything sometimes to innovate things and make them work. This paid media should be crushed like cockroaches. They should be shown their place.

Making brazen claims without valid citations, passing it off as hard facts. Painting a grim picture based on one sided claims. This is yellow journalism of the worst kind. If he had received inputs from any informed sources about the failure of a test, which obviously contradicts the official version of DRDO, as a journalist, it was his responsibility to confront DRDO with the counter-facts, demand for an official statement and then print the final version with both, claims and counter-claims for the people to read. This bullshit is exactly why people have lost faith in Indian journalism. It amuses me when journalists come on TV debates and demand a special law for protection of journalists claiming that they are doing a service to the society by being a pillar of democracy. Even a street side fisherwoman is more professional than these rodents.

If you claim entitlement to extraordinary rights, respect and perks, you ought to be ready for extraordinary scrutiny first. These fifth column journalists are adding no value to society, quite the opposite.

kr9

Country flag

This could be because Pakistan is acting the 'cry baby' in the UN regarding our defence developments. Seems that way since this came just at the heels of the news about Pakistan addressing the international community regarding our tests.

I would not be surprised if DRDO and the MoD is purposefully doing this to stave off prying eyes. I don't mind if the world thinks it is a failure until it gets deployed in our Air Defence regiments.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
This could be because Pakistan is acting the 'cry baby' in the UN regarding our defence developments. Seems that way since this came just at the heels of the news about Pakistan addressing the international community regarding our tests.

I would not be surprised if DRDO and the MoD is purposefully doing this to stave off prying eyes. I don't mind if the world thinks it is a failure until it gets deployed in our Air Defence regiments.
That's quite naive. 'The world' doesn't rely on Indian news paper to get their facts. Every country has a well oiled spy machinery which tracks developments in other countries. It's not like they wait in a line every morning to buy The Hindu to read about the Indian weapons program. If we could pull off something like that, we could have hidden our Pokhran nuclear test simply by ordering The Hindu to stop printing news papers for one day. :pound:

kr9

Country flag
That's quite naive. 'The world' doesn't rely on Indian news paper to get their facts. Every country has a well oiled spy machinery which tracks developments in other countries. It's not like they wait in a line every morning to buy The Hindu to read about the Indian weapons program. If we could pull off something like that, we could have hidden our Pokhran nuclear test simply by ordering The Hindu to stop printing news papers for one day. :pound:
The plan might not work, but I will still applaud the effort if my theory is true. That means some co-ordination is developing between the media & the MoD; which is critically needed. It has to start somewhere. And a guy can hope right?

kr9

Country flag
Also, the 'well oiled spy machinery' uses think tanks and other organizations to analyse the news, SM, press releases etc. of the target country. They depend mainly on this analysis to prioritize credible threats that warrant further investigation. So even one small news could create doubt and change the threat perception.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
The plan might not work, but I will still applaud the effort if my theory is true. That means some co-ordination is developing between the media & the MoD; which is critically needed. It has to start somewhere. And a guy can hope right?
Wait a minute, let me get my tinfoil hat. Yup, what were you saying...

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag

Any missile test can be tracked so it will be useless to say that.

It can simply appear on radar two trajectory colliding.

Country flag
It is better to have ambiguity in the minds of the enemy . They can keep guessing do we don't we? Don't have to give details

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles