India studying NATO offer on joining missile programme

Should India join NATO missile shield or not?

• Yes India should join

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • No India should not join

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JayATL

hope it will work on both ways, we are able to monitor them and they are able to monitor us. one way is not good specially when we are parters in the project.
Yes, information shared by all host countries and in Real time... else it won't work. Infact it is needed to be shared in real time too because there is no single military radar in the world today that that is limitless in its reach...

JayATL

READ again . these are two seperate sentences and are not at all related . and I have already told you why India shouldnt have it .

smart ass :D do you really know how this shield works before going into how this agreement works . and care to enlighten me how this shield agreement works. I want details if you dont have them then stop talking about them.

I guess they made those kind of statements often and west has made such statements too often. I would again say that it was a pathetic example. when we are working on interception of pakistani missiles which give hardly few minutes then Iranian missiles are much easier target .

I guess you are one of those enlightened ones . :pound:
all you have done in your replies is show me that you are equally as ignorant as some others -when it comes to having any knowldege about this deal. everytime you come up with vague comments and when I take the time to educate you- you just come back w/ BUT BUT we have our BMD being tested and its kick ass... you are not a strategic thinker like your govt is, hence they are considering the move. Only reason I fear they may not take it- is because they are always too afraid of taking on China. China is for sure going raise a stink over India getting this shield.

SHASH2K2

we have our BMD being tested and its kick ass
is NATO Missile defnce shield tested in real time and whats the features that make them kick ass.I am all ears to you explanations :D

you are not a strategic thinker like your govt is, hence they are considering the move
I am sure someone from CIA must have informed you that GOI has said yes to proposal .
Only reason I fear they may not take it- is because they are always too afraid of taking on China. China is for sure going raise a stink over India getting this shield.
I neednt say anything to this. anyone who watched recent development in Asia wll be laughing .

JayATL

I have said this 100 times. India's BMD is like Russia's program, it will continue and can continue. In fact it can co-work with a NATO shield LIKE RUSSIA IS proposing to have!

The NATO shield is " world wide coverage" of threats . some countries like turkey go for radar installations and some have both missles and radar installations.

India in under 15-20 years is going to be a world power too. You will have bases or interests in countries far out from the range your local radars protection. Hypothetical example: Tajkstan airforce base, your local BMD can't protect it and it becomes too expensive to have it deployed wordwide ( if those govt's agree) and be all interoperable.

another example is your Gas deal in Vietnam- what if in future you have many other deals where your assets need protection? Thats where a NATO shield helps out too... thats why having it makes strategic sense IN CONJUNCTION WITH your local BMD. Its not Zero sum game- its not a "you must give up local BMD efforts".

Last edited:

SHASH2K2

I have said this 100 times. India's BMD is like Russia's program, it will continue and can continue. In fact it can co-work with a NATO shiled LIKE RUSSIA IS proposing to do!

The NATO shield is " world wide coverage" of threats . some countries like turkey go for radar installations and some have both missles and radar installations.

India in under 15-20 years is going to be a world power too. You will have bases or interests in countries far out from the range your local radars protection. Hypothetical example: Tajkstan airforce base, your local BMD can't protect it and it becomes too expensive to have it deployed wordwide ( if those govt's agree) and be all interoperable.

another example is your Gas deal in Vietnam- what if in future you have many other deals where your assets need protection? Thats where a NATO shield helps out too... thats why having it makes strategic sense IN CONJUNCTION WITH your local BMD. Its not Zero sum game- its not a "you must give up local BMD efforts".
I will give you a nice suggestions and this is an honest one with no sarcasm. If you dont know about any topic kindly gain some knowledge about it and then come into debate . If you cannot kindly stay away from those topics. This is not politics but defence system which you know nothing about. you know nothing about how a missile defence systems works and know nothing about how NATO system is better than what Americans already offered to us long back . There is no point in debating it with someone who knows nothing about missile defence so hasta la vista baby . Have fun spamming this thread .

JayATL

I will give you a nice suggestions and this is an honest one with no sarcasm. If you dont know about any topic kindly gain some knowledge about it and then come into debate . If you cannot kindly stay away from those topics. This is not politics but defence system which you know nothing about. you know nothing about how a missile defence systems works and know nothing about how NATO system is better than what Americans already offered to us long back . There is no point in debating it with someone who knows nothing about missile defence so hasta la vista baby . Have fun spamming this thread .
This from a guy who has only added a noun verb and BMD ! in every post and rest of it being hot air...

yup, thats why your govt is considering it. You see they thankfully don't have your kind of genius among them...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles