India slams OIC for debating Kashmir

icecoolben

better find members inside OIC like Iran , qatar, Bahrain who may work with us to de-rail any ananymous decisions

Country flag
Iraq was the one member that use to vote against these decisions, I wonder who is doing that now??

indian_blues

Country flag
It really means a failure on diplomatic front, I don't think any muslim country want to go against pakistan.

Country flag
this has been the same stance for decades what difference does it make to us??

ejazr

Ambassador
I think we are giving too much importance to this OIC statement. Its obvious that this was to placate the Pakistanis who have considerable influence there. This "enviy" has been there for the last 10 years and is a habitual act where India responds with its standard response. Nothing more than that. The Arab states have not done anything else. OIC is a non-entitiy in political affairs and inflence.

Indo-Arab ties have been and continue to be much stronger than Pakistan inspite of this. There are three times as many Indians working in the Gulf countries than Pakistan many in management and inflential postitions. Bilateral trade as well is orders more than Pakistan. Developmental aid provided to Arab countries is also much more than Pakistan. India's soft power in terms of culture and movies have been and continue to be popular. Indias' IT, Telecom and Education sector has made big inroads. Even Indian muslim scholars are widely respected in Arab countries and have influence over traditional schools there.

Some things to note that are not widely reported is that India is the only observer country at the Arab league from Asia which has more clout than OIC. Check out this E Ahamed to represent India at Arab League Summit and Arab League meeting demonstrates India's "deep rooted" relationship with Arab world

The saying "Judge by what they do, not by what they say" holds apt here. An even more recent policy by Arab states towards India can be seen here.
Gulf will seek Indian workers: Arab League envoy

I think maintaining excellent Indo-Arab relations while at the same time taking Indo-Israeli relations to new heights is one of the shining achievements of Indian foreign policy. Infact I won't be surprised if India can in the future co-opt Saudi and UAE to exercise influence on Pakistan to restrain extremism as well as provide counter-terrorism intelligence. This is as long as India can continue to maintain a positive public opinion and engage the Arab states which should'nt be a problem.

VayuSena1

Professional
Well those OIC guys are one of the major source of oil to us. We just cant do it.
In that case you also must be careful to remember that 90% of the OIC countries are also heavily dependent on Indian food crop exports. We can, if desired and taken initiative, resort to alternate sources of fuel with the same quality while they can never get the same cheap price for such good quality food crops from another country.

In short, they need us more than we need them.

johnee

I think we are giving too much importance to this OIC statement. Its obvious that this was to placate the Pakistanis who have considerable influence there. This "enviy" has been there for the last 10 years and is a habitual act where India responds with its standard response. Nothing more than that. The Arab states have not done anything else. OIC is a non-entitiy in political affairs and inflence.

Most of the things others do seems to be routine and habitual.
Chinese incursions into Ladakh, Tawang and even Uttranchal. Habitual!
Pakistanis supporting terror and bombs exploding in Indian cities killing indians. Habitual!
US giving aid to Pakistan to fund their terror against India while asking India to sign NPT/CTBT and even equating Indian's peace effort in Afghanistan with Pakistan's role there. Habitual!
OIC employs envoy for Kashmir. Habitual!

And the worst part is that India seems to have a standard response. An outdated and predictable response. There is no proper reaction from India. Even after 26/11, GOI seemed to be using the episode as an evidence of Pakistan's guilt in the court headed by US. Instead of feeling aggravated and enraged. India was trying to score some brownie points(through diplomacy). It is very hard for any other nation to respect this kind of nation.

If I were heading OIC, I would dish out more trash to India. I would even sermonise India on minority rights, religious tolerance......etc even when I know that India's record is much better than all of OIC put together. But that is how it is. A nation that tolerates such disrespect, deserves it. And needs to dished out. Somehow, after this incident I dont even sympathise with India. India deserves the treatment that it gets. Pakis have rightly identified India as a spineless nation and dont give a damn about our threats and continue with their terror program blatantly and brazenly. Infact, they manage to turn the tables on India by blaming India of supporting terrorists like TTP.

Tamil

Country flag
India should act like China.
Send Demarches to all OIC member nations, expel all OIC member nation ambassadors and recall all ambassadors from the OIC member nations.
Try to wedge a divide in the OIC and threaten to declare war(aka rain nukes) on whoever supports Pakistan on Kashmir issue.
Recalling the Ambassadors is not a diplomatic move. last sentence is meaningless. :thumbs_thmbdn:

Well those OIC guys are one of the major source of oil to us. We just cant do it.
May be we dependent more on them for fuel..

OIC guys, correct me if I am wrong, are one of the major source of oil to all the world(including US and China). But would they dare carry out such comments about US/China? That is the critical difference. India has to learn to project power, it is one way of acquiring power. It seems ironic, but thats how it works. OIC is cheapfry and we should atleast be able to get our way with them.

The most disheartening thing is that GOI has not reacted at all. Or if it did, then no one noticed. Either way, it is a sad thing.
We don't look like this silly dramas my paks... just ignore it & do our work...

No India was not what it was a decade ago dont you see things have changed. China didnt care what the world said but they were focused and already the world was against them for Tienanmen massacre it is more suitable for their form of governance we are different.

My point is we need another decade to take on everybody internationally to matter and to enforce it.

I personally feel our politicians lack the confidence and will.
last one is the perfect line:help::icon_salut::goodstuff:

In that case you also must be careful to remember that 90% of the OIC countries are also heavily dependent on Indian food crop exports. We can, if desired and taken initiative, resort to alternate sources of fuel with the same quality while they can never get the same cheap price for such good quality food crops from another country.

In short, they need us more than we need them.
it makes more problems internally. so just hear the nws and throw the OIC in dustbin & we need to work more to become :dfi-1:

amitkriit

OIC is a perfect example of "All show no substance". Pakiistan being an influetial country in the group can make others toe it's line at least when it comes to "Joint Statements", Pakistan even thwarted OIC's attempt to let India join the club. OIC's statements haven't gone unheared, India has responded by strengthening it's relations with Israel, India has softened it's stand on Israel's hard tactics in the region. So saying that India is a sitting duck, a soft nation is completely wrong. some respectable DFI member quoted: "Judge by what they do, not by what they say", and this could not be put more perfectly.

gokulakannan

Kashmir key to improving ties with India: Pakistan

Kashmir key to improving ties with India: Pakistan - Yahoo! India News

Islamabad/Srinagar, Oct 14 (IANS) Once again harping on the K word, Pakistan said Wednesday that neither the regional situation nor sub-continental ties could improve till New Delhi accepted that the Kashmir issue was the main source of conflict between the two countries.

It was unfortunate that the Indian position on Kashmir went against UN resolutions and aspirations of the Kashmiri people, Online quoted Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit as telling a private TV channel in Islamabad.

The remarks came on the day Indian Home Minister P. Chidambaram said in Srinagar that the government was working on an honourable solution to the Kashmir problem and that separatist voices would be heard but stressed that there would be 'no place for violence'.

He also said that infiltration from Pakistan was on the rise.

'There will be a unique, honourable and acceptable solution to the problem in Jammu and Kashmir. We are working on it,' Chidambaram told reporters on the sidelines of the All India Editors' conference on social and infrastructural issues.

The home minister said that the government was not afraid of talking to anyone.

'We accept separatist voices. We will talk to all shades of opinion in the state, but there is no place for violence,' he said.

According to Basit, it was unfortunate that except for India, the entire world had appreciated the steps Pakistan had taken against the menace of terrorism.

He also expressed the hope that the Indian attitude would change, adding that Pakistan itself is facing terrorism.

Responding to a question, he said the time had come to solve all issues between Pakistan and India through talks, saying the Indian leadership, in meetings, had expressed their desire for solving all issues.

Basit said there were some elements in India who do not want improved relations between Pakistan and India.

Pakistani Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani and his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh had met in July in what was the first high-level contact after the 26/11 Mumbai mayhem, in the wake of which New Delhi had suspended the sub-continental peace process.

Subsequently, Pakistani Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi and his Indian counterpart S.M. Krishna had met in New York on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly session.

RPK

Indyakudimahan
Country flag
PM regrets OIC getting into India's internal affairs

fullstory

Srinagar, Oct 29 (PTI) Expressing "regret" over the Organisation of Islamic Countries (OIC) getting into the internal affairs of the country, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today said India has lodged a protest with the grouping over it appointing a special envoy for Jammu and Kashmir.

"We regret that the OIC has got into this business. We have lodged a protest with them on this account," Singh told reporters here.

Making it clear that the country will "not act under anybody's pressure", the Prime Minister said, "We are not going to be induced to act under pressure of anybody."

During its meeting early this month, the OIC appointed a special envoy for Jammu and Kashmir, maintaining that it would help bridge the gap between India and Pakistan and address the issue of minorities in India.

AkhandBharat

India should sent a "modernization envoy" to these OIC nations and ask them to improve their sorry state of medieval existence first.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles