India should recognize Tibetan freedom for its own good.

johnq

India should recognize Tibet as an independent nation being occupied by an imperialist China, but it should not stop there. India should arm the separatist movements in Tibet and Xinjiang, since China has been arming terrorists in India for the longest time. At least with Tibet and Xinjiang, the separatists are on higher moral ground, as China's rule there has been brutal and illegal. And they are only trying to defend their country from invaders. One consequence of arming the separatist movements in Tibet/Xinjiang will be that Chinese military will become occupied with dealing with these, and they will have less resources to attack India. We need to take the war behind enemy lines, since China is already planning to attack and take over Arunachal Pradesh and other border areas. And we also need to stop India-China business relations until China stops intruding into Indian territory and stops arming terrorists in India. China is currently making a lot more money from India than India is from China. We need to show the Chinese that their evil actions have consequences.

jakojako777

India should NOT recognize Tibetan freedom for its own good.

Just reaction on the title..

India should NOT recognize Tibetan freedom for its own good...

Simply be cause it is more useful for India to use it as element of pressure on China than to play that card
That card will lose immediately value once it is played.....

Actually it will become reason of conflict once that card is played and make automatically more room for USA to play their game "divide and rule" in that area between India and China.

India must only concentrate on ONE objective only - becoming Super Power in future

all this conflict with China plays only in USA interests!

johnq

Just reaction on the title..

India should NOT recognize Tibetan freedom for its own good...

Simply be cause it is more useful for India to use it as element of pressure on China than to play that card
That card will lose immediately value once it is played.....

Actually it will become reason of conflict once that card is played and make automatically more room for USA to play their game "divide and rule" in that area between India and China.

India must only concentrate on ONE objective only - becoming Super Power in future

all this conflict with China plays only in USA interests!

That card is slowly becoming worthless as China adds more and more military to Tibet, and moves more and more Han Chinese to Tibet. All the while China continues to supply weapons to terrorists in India, Nepal, Burma.

India will not be able to become a super power if China attacks and takes over Arunachal Pradesh, and humiliates India in the process. China will also continue to weaken India by funding and arming terrorists in India. China will eventually also put a Communist government in Nepal, and India will eventually be surrounded on all sides by countries controlled by China (Myanmar and Pakistan already are, Sri Lanka is on the way). Meanwhile India will keep dreaming of becoming super power (and keep holding onto that Tibetan card as it becomes worthless), while terrorist attacks (funded by China/Pakistan) continue to weaken India politically and economically.

The only way India can beat China is by beating them at their own game; by recognizing Tibet as an independent nation taken over by an imperialist China, and arming the separatist movements within Tibet and Xinjiang. If we wait, we will eventually have to arm separatist movements in Arunachal anyways (after China takes it from India).

jakojako777

That card is slowly becoming worthless as China adds more and more military to Tibet, and moves more and more Han Chinese to Tibet. All the while China continues to supply weapons to terrorists in India, Nepal, Burma.

India will not be able to become a super power if China attacks and takes over Arunachal Pradesh, and humiliates India in the process. China will also continue to weaken India by funding and arming terrorists in India. China will eventually also put a Communist government in Nepal, and India will eventually be surrounded on all sides by countries controlled by China (Myanmar and Pakistan already are, Sri Lanka is on the way). Meanwhile India will keep dreaming of becoming super power (and keep holding onto that Tibetan card as it becomes worthless), while terrorist attacks (funded by China/Pakistan) continue to weaken India politically and economically.

The only way India can beat China is by beating them at their own game; by recognizing Tibet as an independent nation taken over by an imperialist China, and arming the separatist movements within Tibet and Xinjiang. If we wait, we will eventually have to arm separatist movements in Arunachal anyways (after China takes it from India).

That card is slowly becoming worthless as China adds more and more military to Tibet, and moves more and more Han Chinese to Tibet.

No that changes nothing be cause it is on diplomatic level as International recognition so physical occupation of the land and imposed demographic changes change nothing in the eyes of International law...

"India will not be able to become a super power if China attacks"

I'm not interested in "IF" conversations.. you have failed to understand what I was trying to say anyway....

"China will also continue to weaken India by funding and arming terrorists in India"

India can do the same to China but the best answer to all challenges is to concentrate on final objective of economical success

I don't remember exact words but ....all I am trying to say is more or less something that famous Russian writer F. Dostoevsky have had said once something like this ;

"If we stop to throw stone at every dog that is barking on us we will never reach our objective!"

If India and China want wars they'll have them but that will be the most stupid decision ever made that will return both countries to the misery and backwardness on total joy of USA & Western friends......

That is all I have to say I have no interest and see no point in continuing this conversation

johnq

LOL. It's not the first time I've encountered the "chalta hai" attitude. What difference does it make if people are continuing to die in terrorist attacks funded by China? It only makes a difference when the person who dies is your brother or sister.

And yes, it's stupid for India and China to waste resources in war, but it's even dumber for India to keep ignoring China as it threatens India with terrorism, border land-grabs, and generally undermining its political and economic system. But that is exactly what China wants. It wants to keep making money uninterrupted by doing business with India, even as it takes over Indian territory and keeps funding separatist movements throughout India. If you think Kashmir, ULFA, Maoists are a problem, just wait and see because it's going to get a lot worse (and with weapons continuously supplied by China).

The least we can do is react by cutting business relations with China and recognize Tibetan independence, because at least then China will know that its actions have consequences. Otherwise, China has nothing to lose. It will keep taking Indian land (while the UPA government keeps covering it up for political reasons) and keep funding separatist movements throughout India, and keep oppressing people in Tibet and Xinjiang. But again, what difference does it make to you unless it's your family member who gets killed in the terrorist attacks and separatist movements? Chalta hai.

But if India wants China to recognize that its evil actions have consequences, then India must support the separatists in Tibet and Xinjiang with weapons and money, break business relations with China, and recognize Tibet as an independent country occupied by an imperialist China.

no smoking

Country flag
LOL. It's not the first time I've encountered the "chalta hai" attitude. What difference does it make if people are continuing to die in terrorist attacks funded by China? It only makes a difference when the person who dies is your brother or sister.
Do you have any evidence that china provide financial support to terrorist?

And yes, it's stupid for India and China to waste resources in war, but it's even dumber for India to keep ignoring China as it threatens India with terrorism, border land-grabs, and generally undermining its political and economic system. But that is exactly what China wants. It wants to keep making money uninterrupted by doing business with India, even as it takes over Indian territory and keeps funding separatist movements throughout India. If you think Kashmir, ULFA, Maoists are a problem, just wait and see because it's going to get a lot worse (and with weapons continuously supplied by China).
Again, do you have hard evidence that china supply the weapon to terrorist in india? Don't tell me because these terrorists happened to use weapon made in china. As we all know that there are lots of countries in middle east and africa are importing chinese weapon.

But if India wants China to recognize that its evil actions have consequences, then India must support the separatists in Tibet and Xinjiang with weapons and money, break business relations with China, and recognize Tibet as an independent country occupied by an imperialist China.
Obviously, your gov has started the strategy you suggested long time ago. The biggest tibet separatists group are stationing in your country. Your gov even built an army consists of tibeten, which definitely play a key role in terrorism in china. So, I have no problem with your strategy but just don't claim yourself a angel.

johnq

Sticking to his guns

"Baruah at large means he could be sought after bigtime by India’s enemies. His links with Pakistan’s ISI is well known. But what worries Delhi is Baruah’s frequent visits to China and reports that Beijing may well be training a new group of ULFA recruits who don’t suffer the conflict fatigue of the elders and are relatively uncorrupted by extortion money."

Besides this little link, it's commonly known to India (and rest of the world) that captured Maoist and ULFA leaders have repeatedly confessed to being trained in China itself (by PLA). And this has been happening for decades. It's also a commonly known fact that terrorist organizations in Pakistan have Chinese links, and whenever the United Nations tried to ban these organizations, the Chinese used their veto power to stop the ban.

And as far as India supporting separatists in Tibet and Xinjiang, I wish they would (because China has been supporting terrorists in India, so it would only be fair), but they have not. If they had, separatists would not be fighting with syringes and knives, but with actual military weapons (in none of the riots in Tibet/Xinjiang have they used guns).

It's true that there are soldiers with Tibetan roots in the Indian military, but that is a result of the mass migration of Tibetans after the Chinese invasion. And again, these people are not fighting in Tibet: If they were, guns and other military weapons would be being used (while they are not). And the Dalai Lama and his group of Buddhist monks do not believe in violence; anything to the contrary that you read in Chinese newspapers is Chinese propaganda.

The least India could do is return the favor by supplying weapons for the independence movements in Xinjiang and Tibet, cut off all business relations with China (so China cannot later use the profits made in India to support terrorism in India), and recognize Tibet as an independent nation being occupied by an imperialist China. Only then will China realize that its evil actions have consequences, and stop supporting terrorism in India and stealing Indian territory at the borders. If India does not do anything, then China has nothing to lose and will continue the same policies.

That is why the Chinese government keeps fooling the Indian government by pretending to be friendly, all the while stabbing India in the back.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Sticking to his guns

"Baruah at large means he could be sought after bigtime by India’s enemies. His links with Pakistan’s ISI is well known. But what worries Delhi is Baruah’s frequent visits to China and reports that Beijing may well be training a new group of ULFA recruits who don’t suffer the conflict fatigue of the elders and are relatively uncorrupted by extortion money."
So you call that hard evidence? I dont know if you have decided what major to choose in college, but i strongly suggest you never choose to be a lawyer. Trust me, you will suck as a lawyer.

And as far as India supporting separatists in Tibet and Xinjiang, I wish they would (because China has been supporting terrorists in India, so it would only be fair), but they have not. If they had, separatists would not be fighting with syringes and knives, but with actual military weapons (in none of the riots in Tibet/Xinjiang have they used guns).
So supporting separatists and terrorists with advanced weapons to improve their efficiency in massacring innocent chinese people like they did in the riots gives you the moral high ground you mentioned?
Nice try, johnq. People just keeps giving me surprise by making these stunning remarks.

johnq

So you call that hard evidence? I dont know if you have decided what major to choose in college, but i strongly suggest you never choose to be a lawyer. Trust me, you will suck as a lawyer.
LOL, that example I gave was one of thousands. All one has to do is google words like Maoist China ULFA training, etc. It is a well known fact that China has been providing training and support to terrorists in India, so I didn't make it as big a deal, but I guess it must be for you because you have been raised on Chinese propaganda.

But here's another example:

Ulfa leaders held, admit China link- Hindustan Times

Quote: With Rajkhowa and half-a-dozen key Ulfa leaders now in custody, a senior government official said security forces would focus on Paresh Baruah, the self-styled commander-in-chief of the outfit’s military wing, who had been located in Myanmar’s Kachin region bordering China.

Sources said Chinese official agencies like the army were helping Baruah, not only on Chinese territory but also in Myanmar.

"Once we are able to build pressure on Baruah, it could help him see reason… that sovereignty isn’t really an issue with most Assamese,” a source said. But he acknowledged that the Ulfa hardliner had one advantage: a fat bank balance.

Raju Baruah, Paresh’s deputy who surrendered, has told security agencies about the Ulfa cadre receiving arms training at camps in China.

Ulfa’s ‘foreign secretary’ Sashadhar Choudhury and ‘finance secretary’ Chitrabon Hazarika — who had surrendered earlier — also told his interrogators earlier that the outfit was getting its arms from Chinese manufacturers.

Everything in China is under such strict control of the government, that it's impossible for Chinese manufacturers to supply arms to terrorists in India without consent of the Chinese Communist government. Besides, through confessions of the terrorists, we know that they are getting weapons, training and money from Chinese army.

Here is evidence that China blocked move in the United Nations to ban the new Laskhar front terrorist organization in Pakistan: China thrice blocked moves to ban Lashkar front

Quote: Three attempts to proscribe Jamaat-ud-Dawah, the frontal organisation of the Pakistan-based terror outfit Lashkar-e-Tayiba, in the UN Security Council were blocked by China, and now all eyes would be on what Beijing does on the fresh move to ban the outfit.

So supporting separatists and terrorists with advanced weapons to improve their efficiency in massacring innocent chinese people like they did in the riots gives you the moral high ground you mentioned?
Nice try, johnq. People just keeps giving me surprise by making these stunning remarks.
What I am suggesting is that India supply weapons for the independence movements in Tibet and Xinjiang (as a response to China funding terrorism in India), so that they can attack the People's Liberation Army, which has been massacring innocent people in Tibet and Xinjiang for the past several decades. I am not suggesting killing innocent civilians, the way China-supported terrorists do in India. In fact India should supply weapons to peasants and laborers all over China (who are constantly harassed by Chinese Communist govt officials), so that they can overthrow the evil Chinese Communist government.

India also needs to break off business relations with China, otherwise China will continue to use the profits made in India to finance terrorism in India.

India should also recognize Tibet and Xinjiang as independent regions occupied illegally by an imperialist Communist China, since the people there don't want to be a part of Communist China.

Chinese Communist government and PLA need to learn that their evil actions have consequences. Otherwise they will not stop funding terrorism in India, supporting Pakistani terrorism, taking over Indian territory, and undermining India's economic and political system in general.

nimo_cn

Country flag
LOL, that example I gave was one of thousands. All one has to do is google words like Maoist China ULFA training, etc. It is a well known fact that China has been providing training and support to terrorists in India, so I didn't make it as big a deal, but I guess it must be for you because you have been raised on Chinese propaganda.

But here's another example:
Are you going to use these thousands of "hard" evidences to convict China of "financing terrorism"? Do you even know what hard evidence is? Even millions of fake evidences like you provide in the link can not make a hard evidence, let alone thousands of. Just because you can't be lawyer doesen't mean you should lack the common sense about law.

Now you have these "hard" evidences,[Mod] Do not insult any fellow member [/Mod] why not use these evidences to push your government to take action, such as finance terrorism in China and provide weapons to seperarists so that they massare more innocent Chinese?

What I am suggesting is that India supply weapons for the independence movements in Tibet and Xinjiang (as a response to China funding terrorism in India), so that they can attack the People's Liberation Army, which has been massacring innocent people in Tibet and Xinjiang for the past several decades. I am not suggesting killing innocent civilians, the way China-supported terrorists do in India.
Now you are revising your words, hoping it can give you moral high ground. I can't see any reasons which can justify the actions you suggest.

But who cares, this is a free forum, you can say what you want to say, even if it is about supporting people to kill other people.I will not refute these comments anymore, if you want, you can keep appealing to to other Indians, begging them to fund people to kill...hmm, let me see, PLA.

In fact India should supply weapons to peasants and laborers all over China (who are constantly harassed by Chinese Communist govt officials), so that they can overthrow the evil Chinese Communist government.
I love this one, my father will love this, too. He always wants to get a rifle to hunt. Maybe a AK-47, if India is generous.

India also needs to break off business relations with China, otherwise China will continue to use the profits made in India to finance terrorism in India.

India should also recognize Tibet and Xinjiang as independent regions occupied illegally by an imperialist Communist China, since the people there don't want to be a part of Communist China.

Chinese Communist government and PLA need to learn that their evil actions have consequences. Otherwise they will not stop funding terrorism in India, supporting Pakistani terrorism, taking over Indian territory, and undermining India's economic and political system in general.
Let me give you a little tip, speak less, do more!
Use the holy right to vote which the constitution has granted you to force your sleeping government to take these actions now.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Armed rebellion in Tibet and Xinjiang? Two wrongs do not make a right. While it is true China has not done a very good job of cracking down on ULFA and other terror organisations that base there, I doubt it can be said official CCP policy is to destabalise India. Chinese weapons that fall into their hands probably come from corruption inside the PLA, arms factories, and Pakistan ISI. The same can be said for the large cashes of new weapons being found in Afghanistan. China has the obligation to crack down on the corruption in their military complex as well as shutting down these bases on their soil. These are failings of the CCP that may be intentional, but does not exactly warrent the full scale uprising of backing an insurgency in China's backcountry.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Democracy sleeps.

Totalitarian regimes whip all into action!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Even if it is debatable that CCP is not funding or distributing weapons to the ULFA and others, but this much can be conjectured that a totalitarian regime would hardly be allowing weapons to be pilfered out of its armouries and allowed to be in the hands of unscrupulous people who would sell it to the ULFA. And that too of the variety which is used in the armed forces. At best hunting rifles/ guns could be with private citizens and that too under strict supervision.

A totalitarian regime cannot afford to allow firearms to be roaming free in the countryside.

Added later:

China reiterates stance on gun control
By Zhu Zhe (China Daily)
Updated: 2007-04-21 08:58

Public Security Ministry spokesman Wu Heping on Friday said China would maintain strict controls on guns, while responding to the deadly rampage at a US university on Monday.

"I would like to express my deep sympathy and condolences to the victims of the tragedy in the United States, which claimed the lives of many young students," Wu told China Daily.

Police destroy 30,000 replica guns confiscated from smugglers on Friday in Shanghai.

Wu said the tragedy also throws into focus gun ownership in China.

He said strict controls had helped China avoid a US-style "gun culture", and the rampage had proved that it's necessary to maintain this policy.

US media reported that more than 30,000 people die from gunshot wounds in the country annually and there are more guns in private hands than in any other country.

However in China, gun crime is rare, as private citizens are forbidden from owning and selling guns.

Wu said the ban aims to wipe out potential danger and protect the safety of every individual citizen. "If there's no access to the weapon, people cannot commit a gun crime," he said.

The spokesman added that the US tragedy also reminds education authorities that they should pay more attention to students' mental health.

But despite strict controls, illegal guns and explosives are still traded in China, and Wu said the ministry would continue its crackdowns.

The ministry launched a national campaign against illegal guns last year. Official figures show that from last June to September, police confiscated about 178,000 illegal guns, 3,900 tons of explosives, 7.77 million detonators and 4.75 million bullets.

Ministry figures also show that more than 3.8 million illegal weapons have been confiscated in recent years.

Wu said at a press conference last year that although the production, sale and stockpiling of guns and explosives had been decreasing nationwide since 2001, the problem was still "severe" in some areas, such as in Hualong County in Northwest China's Qinghai Province.

In June 2005, criminals Ma Saiyi and Ma Huni were arrested in Qinghai for the production and sale of more than 100 guns. They were both jailed for 12 years.

Early last year, police in Southwest China's Chongqing Municipality also cracked a gun selling case, seizing 45 suspects, 57 guns and 321 bullets.

High profits are deemed the biggest attraction for people who trade illegal guns, although those found guilty of selling guns or explosives face punishment ranging from three years in jail to the death penalty.

"Each gun may generate profits of up to 3,000 yuan ($375)," Xu Hu, deputy director of the ministry's public security bureau, said in an earlier interview. "The money is a huge temptation for farmers with yearly incomes of less than 1,000 yuan ($125)."

Source:
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2...ent_856308.htm

So we see that in a country with over 4 times as many people, gun crimes are comparatively rare, and especially so if measured on a per capita basis.

But if people start buying RPGs in the black market, why not arm ourselves with those RPGs too? Most guns are inferior compared to them! Or what about WMDs? I'm telling you, criminals can't wait to top McVeigh's truck bomb. Who knows what they'll use - anthrax, botulinum, smallpox, sarin, ricin, VX, nukes, etc. So we must have the right to bear WMDs in defense!

After all, our right to bear arms is protected by the constitution. For defense's sake! Start thinking beyond "arms" as in "guns" - think flamethrowers, RPGs, WMDs, mines, missiles, and other bombs.

But I'd prefer a more peaceful world. Which is why I would stick with China's strict policy, even if it puts me at an incrementally greater risk for some time. Seriously, I'm not that selfish. But I could start building defense bombs if you prefer.

If you've been reading Chinese news for some times, you'll know that gun control works if strictly applied. All the murders in China involve few individuals, and because they usually are done with knives and clubs.
China's Gund Control Policy

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Even if it is debatable that CCP is not funding or distributing weapons to the ULFA and others, but this much can be conjectured that a totalitarian regime would hardly be allowing weapons to be pilfered out of its armouries and allowed to be in the hands of unscrupulous people who would sell it to the ULFA. And that too of the variety which is used in the armed forces. At best hunting rifles/ guns could be with private citizens and that too under strict supervision.

A totalitarian regime cannot afford to allow firearms to be roaming free in the countryside.
Didn't I read a story recently about Indian officers being prosecuted for selling weapons they bought at discount? These kinds of things happen, even US military arms end up with Mexican drug smugglers, China just needs to crack down on it.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Didn't I read a story recently about Indian officers being prosecuted for selling weapons they bought at discount? These kinds of things happen, even US military arms end up with Mexican drug smugglers, China just needs to crack down on it.
Yes. of course!

But there is a subtle difference.

In a democracy the process of law is very tedious and it is simpler to have personal rights reinforced and beyond govt in depth scrutiny.

In a Communist country, ensuring the Govt's writ is simple - do it or you are done.

Have you not observed how many get executed in no time in China while in a democracy it takes years and years and decades to execute anyone of gross crimes that have invited execution?

Chalk and Cheese!

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Yes. of course!

In a democracy the process of law is very tedious and it is simpler to have personal rights reinforced and beyond govt in depth scrutiny.

In a Communist country, ensuring the Govt's writ is simple - do it or you are done.

Have you not observed how many get executed in no time while in a democracy it takes year to execute anyone of gross crimes that have invited execution?
You make it sound like the corruption in the CCP is easily wiped clean. They are a one party system where the only action taken is for show. If they started executing everyone for it, there would be no one left in the party.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You make it sound like the corruption in the CCP is easily wiped clean. They are a one party system where the only action taken is for show. If they started executing everyone for it, there would be no one left in the party.
If to be executed was show. I wonder how many would like to join that show.

I wonder how many would like to amass money if he or she could not enjoy it and instead be executed!

There is corruption in a Communist regime as also in a democracy. Yet, it is more dangerous a game to play in a Communist regime!

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
If to be executed was show. I wonder how many would like to join that show.

I wonder how many would like to amass money if he or she could not enjoy it and instead be executed!

There is corruption in a Communist regime as also in a democracy. Yet, it is more dangerous a game to play in a Communist regime!
\

Prosecutions in the CCP rarely come and only when there is no way to cover it up. It is fair to say being prosecuted for corruption is not on the top list of your average party member when they join. Corruption exists everywhere, but in nations with free press it is much easier to battle it than a system that would rather cover up their failings.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
\

Prosecutions in the CCP rarely come and only when there is no way to cover it up. It is fair to say being prosecuted for corruption is not on the top list of your average party member when they join. Corruption exists everywhere, but in nations with free press it is much easier to battle it than a system that would rather cover up their failings.
Without a press, it is easier. Anything uncomfortable to the regime can be sorted out without scrutiny!

no smoking

Country flag
Yes. of course!

Have you not observed how many get executed in no time in China while in a democracy it takes years and years and decades to execute anyone of gross crimes that have invited execution?

Chalk and Cheese!
Sorry, Ray, maybe you are too old to notice what is happening in China today. I realy hope that CCP has that kind of absolute power: most of corruption will be wiped out once the top official made the order. Unfortunately, that is not the case. There is always some one trying to make his fortune outside the law. Yes, many officers get executed in no time. But it also takes years to get evidence to prove them quilty, not in court but within CCP. The involvement of foreign group makes the process even more complex.

By the way, can you provide me some evidences that china is supporting and funding the terrorism in india? Better providing something from third parties.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles