India should invest in Artificial Intelligence

marshal panda

Country flag
India can not match China weapon for weapon.Nor it can enter in to an arms race and suffer the fate of erstwhile Soviet Union,though it is in interest of China.We also can not 'beg,borrow or steal" technology like some others.Our strong point is IT. DRDO has to concentrate more on robotics and other forms of artificial intelligence.Since we are ahead, a little push will make us stay ahead of many others.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Duh. :facepalm:

:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

First, let DRDO get enough funds to pay people at par with Wipro/TCS salaries, let alone Deliotte or Google salaries.

And then, let more Indian IT professionals get trained in proper computer science and R&D - as of now, with the service oriented industry in India, we have an overabundance of code coolies and copy-paste monkeys. That needs to change a bit - we need a few more real techies than we have at the moment.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
as of now, with the service oriented industry in India, we have an overabundance of code coolies and copy-paste monkeys. That needs to change a bit - we need a few more real techies than we have at the moment.
Don't forget data-entry-rajus :rofl: :rofl:

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Image Processing .. :love:
LabView ... :love:

also being a lot advance in IT (services) doesnt mean we can be good in AI ... it's a whole lot a different thing ... i dont remember any Reputed Indian University offering a Bachelors in Mechatronics or AI ... :tsk:

Tolaha

also being a lot advance in IT (services) doesnt mean we can be good in AI ... it's a whole lot a different thing ... i dont remember any Reputed Indian University offering a Bachelors in Mechatronics or AI ... :tsk:
Mechatronics is offered by Manipal Institute of Technology (my college :D ) among others.

pmaitra

Forget about artificial intelligence. If there are a couple of a hundred of fundamental mathematics schools in India, we will have enough human resources pumped into the workforce who can handle intermediate AI problems.

AI is nothing without mathematics - and computer science students should yearn to master mathematics, and not chase Java and Oracle certifications. That is not computer science, that is IT.

Tolaha

What are the things they teach in that course, do you happen know?
This course started after I left college. My buddy is a professor there, I can check with him if you are really, really interested to know! :)

pmaitra

This course started after I left college. My buddy is a professor there, I can check with him if you are really, really interested to know! :)
Yes, I am indeed extremely interested to know.

That is my area of specialization. Please post the details on this thread and PM me?

Thanks a lot! :)

marshal panda

Country flag
Image Processing .. :love:
LabView ... :love:

Unfortunately,this is only field where we can beat China,if we are serious.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Mechatronics is offered by Manipal Institute of Technology (my college :D ) among others.
:dude: ... i didn't knew that ... how's the infra in Manipal IT

Forget about artificial intelligence. If there are a couple of a hundred of fundamental mathematics schools in India, we will have enough human resources pumped into the workforce who can handle intermediate AI problems.

AI is nothing without mathematics - and computer science students should yearn to master mathematics, and not chase Java and Oracle certifications. That is not computer science, that is IT.
You did your MS from States ... :wat:

p2prada

Artificial intelligence for the military is handled by CAIR or Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, it's under DRDO.

DRDO

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles