India should de-recognize Tibet as an autonomous region of China

t_co

I'm afraid that tack would be called attempted extortion. Extortion should remain the Chinese game only.
Extortion implies that the threatened act would harm someone. Why would handing the Dalai Lama to China be an act of extortion against anyone?

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Extortion implies that the threatened act would harm someone. Why would handing the Dalai Lama to China be an act of extortion against anyone?
Think about it, genius.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
I'm afraid that tack would be called attempted extortion. Extortion should remain the Chinese game only.
okay - really i didnt mean it literally
(nah - no way are we gonna hand him over ! )

the overall idea is that india is carrying the whole load

while the rest of the world gets its conscience clear without contributing a "cent "
(metaphorically speaking )
and yet doing business and interacting big time with the oppressor
while pretending to "feel sorry" for the tibetans

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
okay - really i didnt mean it literally
(nah - no way are we gonna hand him over ! )

the overall idea is that india is carrying the whole load

while the rest of the world gets its conscience clear without contributing a "cent "
(metaphorically speaking )
and yet doing business and interacting big time with the oppressor
while pretending to "feel sorry" for the tibetans
Richard Gere represents the rest of the world. :)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
India has no problem with Autonomous Tibet.

But problems remain till it is Autonomous Tibet.

t_co

India has no problem with Autonomous Tibet.

But problems remain till it is Autonomous Tibet.
Khurshid and the rest of the GoI do not agree. They have no issues with Tibet as a region of China - and it seems their opinion matters much more than yours. ;)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Khurshid and the rest of the GoI do not agree. They have no issues with Tibet as a region of China - and it seems their opinion matters much more than yours. ;)
They have already smelt the coffee.

And which understand soon, which side of the bread is buttered!

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
India should do the same in Tibet as Chinese do with India's Maoist. Arm a full rebellion...

W.G.Ewald

Professional
lose the argument? change the subject

:rofl:

SOP for bad debaters
What would we do without t_co telling us what to say? What a dreary place China must be, everybody watching everybody else and telling them what to do.

t_co

What would we do without t_co telling us what to say? What a dreary place China must be, everybody watching everybody else and telling them what to do.
No one's telling you what to say, Ewald. You are free to be as logically deficient as you wish.

Compersion

Country flag
The United States and other countries opposed the admission (and recognition) of the PRC in the UN, and the ROC, now based in Taiwan, kept its membership of the UN until October 25, 1971.

The United Nations General Assembly passed Resolution 2758 on Oct. 25, 1971, deciding that the People's Republic of China is the only lawful representative of China to the United Nations. As a result, the PRC was able to take over the ROC's membership in the United Nations, and its permanent seat in the United Nations Security Council. The ROC lost its membership of the United Nations and membership of the United Nations Security Council. The resolution was supported by most of the communist states including Soviet Union and the Non-Aligned countries such as India, along with some Western European countries including the United Kingdom and France.

With the Resolution 2758 the UN simply recognized the PRC as the legitimate Chinese Government, that from 1949 until 1971, had been deprived of its right of representing China.

The PRC has instituted the "One-China policy", under which it actively opposes any moves seen to be endorsement of the ROC (or Taiwan) as an independent sovereign state or as a rival "China", although two Chinas effectively exist. While the PRC claims sovereignty over all of China and claims that Taiwan is part of China, it does not exercise sovereignty over Taiwan, and has never done so.,

Pertinent questions who opposed resolution 2758. Next how did the world change its stance on legitimate Chinese government to be PRC from ROC.

Also States have the ability to de-recognise and put in place recognition that is different from earlier stated positions even ones that are legitimate.

East Timor - any similarity with Tibet.

How many countries recognised ROC as the legitimate Chinese government before resolution 2758. And how many countries recognise ROC until till this day (is it zero). Recognition and legitimacy can change overnight due to certain events (please refer to examples)

The PRC back stabbed the Russians that enabled a channel that resulted in American support for its one china policy that resulted in actualisation of un resolution 2758 (that the Americans voted against - smart). World affairs can change long held positions.

Tibet is like the ROC it is open to question on its recognition and legitimacy in the future. Would that be needed. The question of recognition and legitimacy of Tibet makes the PRC ask other states (nearly every year) to express their position on Tibet because it is open to question. That's the discussion here.

With reference to India the position on Tibet has been silent in most recent years. There has been no express validation. The Sikkim recognition part of India by PRC is worth a discussion since it expressed certain positions by India that is relevant to this date.

In either case India won't be the lead in making recognition of Tibet different there are others who will want to and can do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_and_the_United_Nations
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_General_Assembly_Resolution_2758

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
No one's telling you what to say, Ewald. You are free to be as logically deficient as you wish.
But you do tell people here all the time what they should and should not say, and post your spurious little "rules" about debate.

I'll let others here decide about my logic. You are just a one-note Charlie.

The only amusement you provide is when you puff up like a little frog to say, "I have the rhetorical upper hand!"

ice berg

Tibet is like the ROC it is open to question on its recognition and legitimacy in the future. Would that be needed. The question of recognition and legitimacy of Tibet makes the PRC ask other states (nearly every year) to express their position on Tibet because it is open to question. That's the discussion here.
No, son, it is not. China dosnt need to ask for recognition of an areal where they have sovereignty. Point out one country who dosnt recognize Tibet as part of China. One, son. just one.

Compersion

Country flag
No, son, it is not. China dosnt need to ask for recognition of an areal where they have sovereignty. Point out one country who dosnt recognize Tibet as part of China. One, son. just one.
How many countries are recognising ROC and not PRC to be legitimate Chinese government. Now if that were to come down to 90% - 95% even 100 % you know if no one recognises ROC and the whole world recognises PRC does it takeaway that there is still a question of ROC to be open to its recognition and legitimacy in the future. Due to the past, present and future.

I use that in reference to what you say about Tibet. since ROC has no major country in fact might theoretically have no country recognise it over PRC.

The question of Tibet makes other states express their position on Tibet because it is open to question due to the past, present and future. Read up on East Timor before you ask me one country who recognise TIbet. Some even refer to the dissolution of Soviet Union: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissolution_of_the_Soviet_Union

Also refer to the following link:

Central Tibetan Administration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also states can change their minds on what and whom to recognise. PRC is a nation of such benevolence practise and outcome.

I would like to hear your comments about why PRC has sovereignty over ROC and why it differs from that of Tibet.

Please don't think my stand is one way the other. I came to this thread to hear what you and your companions says to increase my knowledge.

But at this moment from my reading of events and history the recognition and legitimacy ROC and Tibet are such that are open to discussion and question in the past, present and future.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles