India set to grow faster than China in 2010: World Bank

Vladimir79

Professional
We don't really care about your banques NPL rate when it gets thrown under the rug to AMCs. What we do care about is the TRUE amount of NPLs floating around the Chinese financials. PBC figures clearly cannot be trusted considering their own numbers don't add up. When Ernst and Young published their 2006 audit, $911 billion was the number of all NPLs... today it must be well over.

Articles & Commentary

Good luck taking care of that... it is a serious problem Han apparently don't want to admit, much less deal with.

badguy2000

Respected Member
We don't really care about your banques NPL rate when it gets thrown under the rug to AMCs. What we do care about is the TRUE amount of NPLs floating around the Chinese financials. PBC figures clearly cannot be trusted considering their own numbers don't add up. When Ernst and Young published their 2006 audit, $911 billion was the number of all NPLs... today it must be well over.

Articles & Commentary

Good luck taking care of that... it is a serious problem Han apparently don't want to admit, much less deal with.
well
the way of your argue is very funny,that is :

any data I dont want to hear is "cooked"

the viewpoint of 911 billion NPLs was so notorious that I studied it closely ,when I was still a postgraduate in 2006. I now distain to rebut such a clueless viewpoint...

BTW, When Ernst and Young published its famous " $911 billion " and warned Chinese banks in 2006 , it also sang high phrases of Lehman Brothers .

p2prada

well
the way of your argue is very funny,that is :

any data I dont want to hear is "cooked"

the viewpoint of 911 billion NPLs was so notorious that I studied it closely ,when I was still a postgraduate in 2006. I now distain to rebut such a clueless viewpoint...

BTW, When Ernst and Young published its famous " $911 billion " and warned Chinese banks in 2006 , it also sang high phrases of Lehman Brothers .
Then where on earth did the Tranche 1 and 2 NPLs go to?

Ernst and Young are auditors for the ICBC. They have a pretty good access to the Chinese financial market conditions. No non-Chinese person believes in the CCP's financial data and also analysts have said it to CCP' face.

badguy2000

Respected Member
Then where on earth did the Tranche 1 and 2 NPLs go to?

Ernst and Young are auditors for the ICBC. They have a pretty good access to the Chinese financial market conditions. No non-Chinese person believes in the CCP's financial data and also analysts have said it to CCP' face.

pls check my following previous post.

I have listed the nominal NPLs rate and caculated real NPLs rate(plus all 4 Tranches shifted NPLs).

case is that :

1. measured by any criterion, the NPLs rate of Chinese banks has been going down rapidly in the past decade.
Chinese banks are more healthy than ever before.

2. Most NPLs of CHinese banks are historical heritages of past commanding economy.
the quality of additional loans after 2000 are quite decent ,because most Chinese banks have succeeded in finishing the commanding-economy-to-market-economy transform . ICBC is just one example.

3,as of the end of 2007,plus all the 4 tranches shifted NPLs(2.2 trilion RMB),the NO. of real NPLs should be about 3.77 trillion RMB( about 500 billion USD). it is still much less than the notorious "911 million"....
I even suspect that the famous "911 billion" was created by the "experts" so called to commemorate Now York 9.11 event.

here are the data from CBRC(China bankng regulatory Commission)

NPLs of Commercial Banks as of end-2007

the data as of the end of 2007. the total NPLs was 1.2684 trillion RMB,and the total loan is about 20.55 trillion RMB.so,the nominal NPLs rate loans was 6.17%.

Plus the 2.2 trillion NPLs shifted to ACMs, the real NPLs rate should be about 15.73%.

here is the data as of the end of the second quarter,2009. it is in CHinese,because english data has not be published yet. But I have irised out the NPLs and NPLs rate.

the NO. of NPL is 0.5181 trillion RMB and the nominal NPLs rate is only 1.77%,because the total loan has expanded to 29.13 trillion.

Plus the shifted 2.2 tirllion RMB NPLs, the real NPLs rate should be about 8.675%.

2009ÄêÉÌÒµÒøÐв»Á¼´û¿îÇé¿ö±í

here

here is the link of CBRC.
ÖйúÒøÐÐÒµ¼à¶½¹ÜÀíίԱ»á

asokasword

When I went though discussions in this thread, what surprised me is not what these indians said, but was why some chinese or pro-china persons wasted time involving in this kind of discussion. The topic is a good topic, but how some indians or pro-india persons debated is low-grade.

India is famous for philosophy. Many distinguished india philosophers inspired the thoughts of nearly whole world. Then check how these 21st century indians talked about a topic. Except very few thoughtful replies, no logic, no dichotomy, no dialectic, no materialism, and so on, just such modes as there is a god or any things using instead of it , I believed it and I based my logic on it. These guys' nonsense not only insulted the word "philosophy", but also shamed ancient indian philosophers. These ancient indian philosophers would jump out from their tombs to scold their good-for-nothing descendants.

jazzguy

When I went though discussions in this thread, what surprised me is not what these indians said, but was why some chinese or pro-china persons wasted time involving in this kind of discussion. The topic is a good topic, but how some indians or pro-india persons debated is low-grade.

India is famous for philosophy. Many distinguished india philosophers inspired the thoughts of nearly whole world. Then check how these 21st century indians talked about a topic. Except very few thoughtful replies, no logic, no dichotomy, no dialectic, no materialism, and so on, just such modes as there is a god or any things using instead of it , I believed it and I based my logic on it. These guys' nonsense not only insulted the word "philosophy", but also shamed ancient indian philosophers. These ancient indian philosophers would jump out from their tombs to scold their good-for-nothing descendants.
I basically agree with you with my experience in dealing with Indian engineers everyday. Chinese are pragmatism and Indians are "philosophy". Chinese might think Indians talk things arbitrarily while Indians think the arbitrarily talking is part of the life. My Indian friends told me that 50% scientists and engineers in NASA are Indian origin. My Indian friends also told me that the goods India imported from China are manufactured by Indian companies in China in order to use Chinese cheap labor. I would not take these words seriously once I have more experience dealing with my Indian friends.

niharjhatn

I basically agree with you with my experience in dealing with Indian engineers everyday. Chinese are pragmatism and Indians are "philosophy". Chinese might think Indians talk things arbitrarily while Indians think the arbitrarily talking is part of the life. My Indian friends told me that 50% scientists and engineers in NASA are Indian origin. My Indian friends also told me that the goods India imported from China are manufactured by Indian companies in China in order to use Chinese cheap labor. I would not take these words seriously once I have more experience dealing with my Indian friends.
I was also told that one day China was going to engage the US in a war and win!!

Its ridiculous that you can group more than 2 billion people into two groups - of "pragmatists" and "philosophers" rather than using your brain to understand THAT PEOPLE FROM ALL COUNTRIES TALK S***, and has nothing to do with where they come from.

It speaks volumes to your gullibility if you believed your Indian "friends" in the first place.

niharjhatn

LoL thanks for digging up a year old topic!!

What kind of "philosophical" debate do you expect for a thread regarding economic growth?

I highly doubt that you are indeed indian as you would understand that Indian philosophers would not jump out of tombs as they do not get buried....

badguy2000

Respected Member
well, when I read the old topic and amusing comments from those "china-to-collapse" advocators like Mr. Vladimir79 ...I can not
help lauching.....

well, now, Mr. Vladimire79 is missing ,but Mr. Armand come......

SHASH2K2

Cross post .
Finally, India beats China in growth sweepstakes

It's official! India's growth in 2010 was a notch higher than that of China. According to data from the IMF, India's GDP grew 10.4 per cent in 2010 versus China's 10.3 per cent. And if projections by official agencies are anything to go by, China is looking at a 7 per cent growth in the Twelfth Plan period (2011-15) compared with India's 9 per cent. This is the first time that India's growth has overtaken that of China, since the latter initiated reforms in the 1980s, a decade ahead of India.
The other fast-growing major developing economies in 2010 included Brazil (7.5 per cent), Mexico (5.5 per cent) and Russia (4 per cent). Among developed countries the fastest growing major economies in 2010 were Japan (3.9 per cent), Germany (3.5 per cent), Canada (3.1 per cent) and United States (2.8 per cent). Growth was much slower in countries like France (1.5 per cent) and Italy (1.3 per cent).

At 10.4 per cent, the growth numbers for India are higher than the official data. The reason for this is provided in the method used by the IMF to arrive at its numbers.
The IMF estimates growth rates by converting the GDP of countries in local currencies to $ at market exchange. So, if a currency appreciates, this raises its GDP growth in $ terms, and the country whose currency appreciates more will grow faster in $ terms.
If India's GDP was Rs 100 and the exchange rate 48.85, this means India's $ GDP is 2.05. If, however, the exchange rate appreciates to 45.93, the same GDP will rise to 2.18. While India's currency appreciated 6.4 per cent in 2010, from Rs 48.85 per $ in 2009 to Rs 45.93 in 2010, China's currency appreciated only 0.9 per cent, from 6.84 per $ in 2009 to 6.77 in 2010. So India's GDP got a push that was higher than China's.

Whether this will continue in the years to come will depend on a combination of factors. First is the actual growth in each country in its local currency — if the planning agencies in both countries turn out to be correct, India will grow faster than China.
The $ growth rates, however, will depend upon what happens to currency movements against the $. If the yuan appreciates against the $ as most expect, while the rupee appreciates less, this will make China's $ growth look higher and India's $ growth look lower.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles