India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
It is relishing to know that US contributions played little in France's leading role.

death.by.chocolate

Professional
Country flag
Are we talking about the same weak and crazy opponent that had to be striked by B2 bombers and numerous Tomahawk cruise missiles, before an single US fighter was allowed to enter Libyan air space?
Just for comparison, French Rafale were flying recon, air defence and even strike missions over Libya, when their airforce and air defence was fully active and capable and they rejected US help in SEAD attacks, because SPECTRA is more than capable enough to protect them and detect targets.
The man who made that statement is an advisory to the British Ministry of Defense, forgive me if I prefer his assessment over your incessant Rafale advertorials.

Sancho

BVR kill against the Super Hornet? Did this happen in your dreams, did you awake aroused?:lol:
The same source that I provided you on IDF before, when I also countered you claims of F18SH beeing more maneuverable, or having a lower RCS than Rafale. A long range radar alone doesn't mean you will win BVR combats and the Rafale showed this quiet before, but I know you will never learn an keep claiming the bomb truck is superior. :rolleyes:

The man who made that statement is an advisory to the British Ministry of Defense, forgive me if I prefer his assessment over your incessant Rafale advertorials.
LOL, when did I became the head of the US forces, because that's what they stated that the Libyan air defence is older but still at least as capable as the Iraqi defences and that's why they used stealth bomber and cruise missile attack to take them out. But hey, it's your decision to say this british "advisory" has more knowledge than your defence ministy, I don't care much about it. For me the fact that Rafale performed excellent in Libya and in most roles that could be important for India is the biggest point and I'm sure IAF monitored it as well.

death.by.chocolate

Professional
Country flag
The same source that I provided you on IDF before, when I also countered you claims of F18SH beeing more maneuverable, or having a lower RCS than Rafale. A long range radar alone doesn't mean you will win BVR combats and the Rafale showed this quiet before, but I know you will never learn an keep claiming the bomb truck is superior. :rolleyes:
Please provide a source for your claim of a Rafale BVR kill of a Super Hornet. :laugh: I'll get to your other delusions later.

Sancho

Please provide a source for your claim of a Rafale BVR kill of a Super Hornet. :laugh: I'll get to your other delusions later.
As I said, look it up at PDF or IDF and since the F18SH is out anyway, there is no need to discuss about it anyway. It's about Rafale or EF now and the benefits they would bring to India, so why waste time with the same old discussions only because you don't like it that the French built a better fighter and was at least as important as your country in the Libyan conflict.

death.by.chocolate

Professional
Country flag
As I said, look it up at PDF or IDF and since the F18SH is out anyway, there is no need to discuss about it anyway. It's about Rafale or EF now and the benefits they would bring to India, so why waste time with the same old discussions only because you don't like it that the French built a better fighter and was at least as important as your country in the Libyan conflict.
You're so full of BS :rolleyes: please provide the link to your claimed Rafale BVR victory over the Super Hornet.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Starting at 1:12 - 1:50 is a killed SH, don't know if it was long enough a shot to qualify for BVR but it might be what he is talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:

death.by.chocolate

Professional
Country flag
Starting at 1:12 - 1:50 is a killed SH, don't know if it was long enough a shot to qualify for BVR but it might be what he is talking about.

NATO BFM engagement rules (ROE) mandate 3000 ft separation for close in fights, that Hornet (unclear if it is SH or a baby Hornet) is closer than 3000 ft and does not appear to be maneuvering aggressively. Having said that I am aware of several instances were Rafale has scored guns kills over USN Rhino's but this video isn't one of them. Lastly, Sancho was boasting about a BVR (beyond visual) victory - the USN (Super Hornets) has never engaged in mock BVR combat with the French, I'm waiting for him to prove me wrong knowing him its going to be a very long wait. :sad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Apparently you didn't watch what I told you. The Super Hornet is several miles away.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I can't see it, so no one knows the distance. I do see the path track running and locked on target.

death.by.chocolate

Professional
Country flag
I can't see it, so no one knows the distance. I do see the path track running and locked on target.
First if the Rafale's radar is in gun lock mode then the fight is not beyond visual. The HUD in your video is unreadable but if it is the gun tracer line then it should be a dotted line that extends from the centered aiming pipper to the target limited on most fighters to a distance of 12,000 ft (roughly 2 miles - the range of aircraft's cannon). If the gun tracer line is visible and the aircraft's radar is in gun lock mode then the target is well within 12,000 ft, the Rafale's cannon range may be marginally greater but it definitely isn't greater than 6.5 nautical miles.

Galaxy

Country flag
India's biggest military deal

India's biggest military deal

7 Oct 2011, 1111 hrs IST, TIMES NOW

It is being termed as the biggest defence deal in the history of India, a deal worth 12 billion dollars for 126 multi-role fighter jets. Two European contenders have been shortlisted by the Defense Ministry for the significant purchase which will renovate the face of the Indian Air Force.

A deal that will restore the Indian Air Force's dwindling fleet and replace the aging Mig - 21s and in the race for the historical deal - after two years of cut & thrust- there are two European competirors.

France's Dassault Rafale & EADS Eurofighter Typhoon, both calling their jets the best and lobbying hard for the significant deal and confident of even getting one.

The two European contenders have defeated 2 American companies despite US President's high praises and two others Lockheed Martin F-16IN & Boeing F/A-18, Saab Gripen and Russian MiG-35.

Today the the Defence acquisition council headed by defence minister AK Antony will finally sit down to clear the last hurdle before the bids are opened.

After much delay and anxiety in the MMRCA deal, if all goes well tomorrow and companies make past the final hurdle India will be close to one step closer to history in the making.

India's biggest military deal- TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles