India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Nitesh bhai you dont know what can happen in court.
I agree sir, you have more experience of courts :). But I guess courts will use that case as guideline and instead of derailing the whole process they will kick the whiners out :D

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Nitesh bhai you dont know what can happen in court.
I agree sir, you have more experience of courts :). But I guess courts will use that case as guideline and instead of derailing the whole process they will kick the whiners out :D

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Armand, will France offer to integrate the new GTRE Snecma engine with Rafale? Do you feel this might be realistic approach
Sure... India is going to want to make much of the engine anyway, so this will just speed along the Kaveri-Snecma JV.

Anshu Attri

Country flag
official confirmation from SAAB....
GRIPEN NOT IN THE SHORTLIST FOR THE INDIAN MMRCA

http://www.saabgroup.com/About-Saab/Newsroom/Press-releases--News/Gripen-not-on-the-shortlist-for-the-Indian-MMRCA-programme/
Today defence and security company Saab AB has received information from the Indian Ministry of Defence that Gripen has not been shortlisted for the Indian Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) programme.

"We are offering India a world class next generation fighter aircraft to a very competitive price and an extensive technology transfer programme. We have received this decision and will closely monitor the future process and provide additional information if requested by the Indian Ministry of Defence. We are confident that the Gripen system is the perfect match for the Indian Air Force as well as meeting the highest requirements for the international markets," says HÃ¥kan Buskhe, President and CEO at Saab.

India is one of Saab's most important markets. For example, Saab recently announced an investment in a research and development centre in India.

"We are committed to the Indian market and continue our plans for growth and see huge business opportunities in the aerospace, defence and security sectors," says HÃ¥kan Buskhe.

Gripen is in service with the Swedish, Czech Republic, Hungarian, South African and Royal Thai Air Forces. The UK Empire Test Pilots' School (ETPS) is operating Gripen as its advanced fast jet platform for test pilots worldwide.

Country flag
2 American planes in the MRCA and neither made the shortlist?? interesting. F-16 blew the tiny chance it had when they started making sales/gifting to Pak from the start, but I thought SH had a decent chance??

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
2 American planes in the MRCA and neither made the shortlist?? interesting. F-16 blew the tiny chance it had when they started making sales/gifting to Pak from the start, but I thought SH had a decent chance??
Her engines failed to impress. Now that US is not going to be able to sabotage Rafale... it is clear sailing.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
I don't think that Mirage upgrade deal is finalized/ or in back burner. So Rafale can just sweeten the offer by giving up some ready to fly rafale and rest to continue coming in normal way.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
One more thing, some time before IAF asked for new A2A missile, Armand, can you please confirm that rafale should be able to integrate Meteror also with it. If not, then EF is the way........

mayfair

Now it's time for much haggling, getting the two contenders to sweeten the deal and throw in more freebies and goodies. We must make sure that neither Europeans shaft us big time like they've done so in the past. Spare parts, technology transfer and other terms must be clearly laid out and negotiated. I wonder if any of them will be willing to transfer the blue prints and R&D details.

Not sure if Uncle will want to piss on the party, apparently the C17 deal was cleared as well, that should keep them happy for the time being.

Country flag
Now it's time for much haggling, getting the two contenders to sweeten the deal and throw in more freebies and goodies. We must make sure that neither Europeans shaft us big time like they've done so in the past. Spare parts, technology transfer and other terms must be clearly laid out and negotiated. I wonder if any of them will be willing to transfer the blue prints and R&D details.

Not sure if Uncle will want to piss on the party, apparently the C17 deal was cleared as well, that should keep them happy for the time being.
There is also the extra P8I's. I am interested in knowing the fate of Meteor in all this will we get TOT or joint production ??

ganesh177

Country flag
I am vouching for EF. Dont they have more attractive TOT offer?

Anyways, let the dogfight between 2 begin. :thumb:

SHASH2K2

I am vouching for EF. Dont they have more attractive TOT offer?

Anyways, let the dogfight between 2 begin. :thumb:
Ganesh I would like to differ a little from you. No one will offer you complete TOT .
RAFALE is a completely developed platform with mature AESA while for EFT its still under development.
Both countries will oursource manufacturing of some components to fulfill the offset clause. Biggest game changer in this could be Snecma integrating its core with Kaveri . That will just revolutionize Metallurgy research and will bridge the gap in almost no time. we have already gained lots of knowledge working on Kaveri and it will just build on it .
I guess EADS also offered crystal blade technology but I am sure that as per IAF requirements plane should be fully developed. You can only trust thats already there not something thats yet to come on future.

Country flag
Ganesh I would like to differ a little from you. No one will offer you complete TOT .
RAFALE is a completely developed platform with mature AESA while for EFT its still under development.
Both countries will oursource manufacturing of some components to fulfill the offset clause. Biggest game changer in this could be Snecma integrating its core with Kaveri . That will just revolutionize Metallurgy research and will bridge the gap in almost no time. we have already gained lots of knowledge working on Kaveri and it will just build on it .
I guess EADS also offered crystal blade technology but I am sure that as per IAF requirements plane should be fully developed. You can only trust thats already there not something thats yet to come on future.
how about a AESA radar offer???

SHASH2K2

how about a AESA radar offer???
LF I think best they will offer is co development of AESA . That means putting extra money for it . I think we have made decent progress in AESA fabrication and project is already going on for co development of LCA AESA so why waste money ?

Country flag
LF I think best they will offer is co development of AESA . That means putting extra money for it . I think we have made decent progress in AESA fabrication and project is already going on for co development of LCA AESA so why waste money ?
They have to come up with something Russians had offered full Zhuk AESA TOT if the MIG won.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Great news! :D so the technology won ! both of these planes are new and potent platforms. IAF has done a good job :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles