Discussion in 'Military Multimedia' started by WolfPack86, Feb 2, 2016.
And what credible sources do you have to substantiate your claim?
I don't saying that... just Google Top best special forces..
nd check list..
Every country have special forces..
special forces r for
to fight against different /critical situation. / hostile / covert operation../ rescue mission..
possibly different country have different problem...
so as they need they.. create nd trained them special forces..mostly Country can't expose. their training or classifieds techtique .. / moves/ schedule..
not only with all gears but also hand to hand combat.
.. some country special forces used in if their country..facing situation like this. or used in war.. to hit some special high rank target..
as this.. all definition ..
history..make or we can judge..
Talk about..in this list..
Russian use their force.. successful many time..
- to counter..Afghanistan president..
Operation Storm-333 was the
codename of an operation that
was originally scheduled to
happen on December 14, 1979
but was postponed to the 27th
of December, in which Soviet
Forces stormed the Tajbeg
Palace in Afghanistan and
captured Afghan President
Hafizullah Amin . there were 2000 Afghan protecting to Afghan president.. during this 200+ Afghans killed with .
other use against.. Afghanistan .Mujahideen commanders.
who hide in ( under ground) Afghan velly.. after ambush on Russian army.. use of gorilla attack.
Russian also use spetznaz in
.. in many
local conflicts such as the Civil war in Tajikistan , Chechen
Wars, Russo-Georgian War and the Crimea Crisis.
Spetsnaz forces also have been called upon to resolve
several high profile hostage situations such as the
Moscow theater hostage crisis and the Beslan school
hostage crisis .
we know Chechen torturers to captured Russian..solder.
after this Chechen can got any classified information from them.
Chechen situation like..our .Kashmir situation ..
what we do.in Kashmir? situation still after 90' as it is..
outer support from Islamic country..
but president PUTIN just.. hard on them.. and crushed all terrorists organization..nd take on their knee..
(with policy Russian never talked with any terrorists organization)
in comparison of us solder..
us r not tough enough like Russian..
.russian r use pain feel techtique to . trained SPETSNAZ .
this is how they r proved..their toughness..
special forces are judged not only how toughest training
but about how effective..on enemy..
nd spetznaz done their job excellent.
here is also other
special forces..stay. low profile
nd very effective..
nd that that Sayeret Matkal – Israel
This Israeli special-forces unit is focused on
reconnaissance, anti-terrorism and hostage rescue
outside of Israel. Sayeret Matkal was formed in
1957 to fill a void in Israel’s special-forces and is
made up of candidates selected for their high
physical and intellectual characteristics. Candidates
undergo eighteen months of training which includes
basic infantry school, parachute school, counter-
terrorism training and reconnaissance related
training. The force has taken part in many large
scale operations since the 1960s. The most famous
of these, Operation Entebbe/Thunderbolt,
demonstrated the determination and reach of
Sayeret Matkal to the world. The operation came to
be after several Palestinian and pro-Palestinian
terrorists had taken hostages onboard an airliner
which was flown to Entebbe Airport in Uganda.
Many hostages were released but over 100, mainly
Israeli and Jewish hostages, were kept in the
airport terminal building. A group of around 100
Israeli commandos, including an assault force of
Sayeret Matkal assaulted the position, killing the
terrorists and freeing almost all of the hostages.
Isreali is l time a r rounding country from Arab League nation.
we all know this.. how to hard going in any country without any Diplomatic cover.. rescuing own country man.
a secret deal also.. says that this Sayeret Matkal..given training to our NSG ..
indian..never forget..IC814.we lost that situation ..on diplomatically.. not at that me.but it causes. a terrorist attacked after 15 year.. in pathankot..airbase..
look man I love my country too..
but reality is not as we like..
hope u can understand
Yes, there is google for you. Go figure.
Lol @credible source.
Sir, I would have to highly disagree with you. Infact I can say with a certainty you are dead wrong.
In the 80's and 90's MARCOS (or MCF then) was one of the only 3 Naval SOF units that could Para Jump into the ocean with a Full combat load. While the initial MARCOS training, build up and ethos come directly from SEALs and RMC. They have moved WAY beyond that in the past 2 decades. MARCOS has operated in India, Sri Lanka, Africa with significant distinction. One day if we ever meet, you buy me a beer and ill tell you some stories of MARCOS that would make your year i promise you.
SEALS are nice and good as long as they have their Air Assets and GunShip Support. MARCOS do the same job the extreme
And no a GOOGLE will not help you on this one. MARCOS is one of the biggest black boxes in the Indian Military. That along with TSD and SG
Lastly What do you mean by Spetznaz? Which of the below Spetz units are you referring to be better than MARCOS? And Why?
Soviet (Russian) Ministry of Defence special forces:
Spetsnaz GRU units (under GRU, later the Russian Ground Forces)
Naval Spetsnaz units (Russian Navy)
45th Guards Spetsnaz Brigade (Russian Airborne Troops)
State security (KGB-FSB) special forces:
Special Operations Center (TsSN): A, B, Special Purpose Service
Regional FSB special forces
Zaslon (belonging to Foreign Intelligence Service)
Special Purpose Regiment (Kremlin Regiment)
Border Troops special units
Former Ministry of Internal Affairs (MVD) special forces, which from 2016 report as part of the National Guard of Russia, including the National Guard Forces Command:
Internal Troops' Division of Operational Purpose (OMSDON-ODON) and OBRON
Rus and Vityaz (merged into the 604th Special Purpose Center)
Other Internal Troops special units
Militsiya/Politsiya special forces (OMON, SOBR-OMSN, Berkut)
Ministry of Justice special forces:
Independent regional detachments such as Saturn
The Word Spetznaz is the most loosely used and understood word in Military nomenclature.
First off, Please don't address me as sir.
I understand this is a nationalist defense forum but we need to be practical. And Good to know that Marcos training and ethos came directly from Seals.
Baap tau baap hi rahega.
That's why they put Seal Badge with pride. Never seen any Seal wearing Marcos Badge on his uniform.
When Marcos is in Diapers.
All are Para (HALO/HAHO) Capable and much older than Marcos.
I am not adding the French,German, British and US etc for obvious reasons.
@Bornubus I have known founding Plank Owners of MARCOs and Naval Intelligence that saw the evolution of UDTs into MCF. This is not a question of being Nationalist. On the contrary. I dont consider myself overtly nationalist but I am a bit of a military geek.
Simply doing a HALO/HAHO jump doesnt equate to what I said about doing Jumps with FULL COMBAT LOAD into the ocean.. In naval SpecWar Full Combat Load means something completely different than that for a Para. And Jumping into the Ocean is COMPLETELY different than doing it over land. If you know somebody in the Navy - Ask them. Then you will appreciate MARCOS's capability. And Yes in the late 80s and 90s MARCOS was one of the few Naval SF units that could.
in the BR SF thread (through archives) there is a long debate and discussion on MARCOS capabilities through the ages. Its up to you to read and research and decide for yourself.
Few of things I would like to point out.
1. Just because US Naval Seals were first there they are better is a fallacy of argument
2. Just because Ex-Seals right books and Hollywood dresses them up doesn't mean they are better
3. I have read almost most of the recent SEAL books that have been out in the past 4-5 years and if you do a deep analysis of their mission there is almost no difference than what MARCOS has done and has capability to do with ONE exception. Air Power - Infiltration and CAS.
4. Most of the Fighting SEALs have done in the past 15 years has been on LAND
Lastly - in the end its each to their own.
I am suprised by this statement you have made. You seem so confident on your statement that MARCOS is below par. but didnt know that the first Team of MARCOS came out of Buds and then went on to get qualified with the SBS as well? And Repeatedly till date you will see a few MARCOS wearing Budweisers (just as you will see Army PARAs with US Ranger Tabs)
15 Reasons The Indian Navy MARCOS Are The Best In The World
May 2, 2015
There are special forces and then there are the Indian Navy’s Marine Commandos or MARCOS. The Indian Navy’s elite special force, that specialises in everything from counter terrorism to underwater operations and sabotage to anti-piracy ops. Thanks to this wide field of operation, they have not only served on the high seas but also been called in during Op Vijay, better known as the Kargil War. Here’s what makes them the best in the world.
1.MARCOS were raised as the Indian Marine Special Forces (IMSF) in 1985. Two years later, they were renamed the Marine Commando Force (MCF). Their motto is – The Few The Fearless.
2. Becoming a MARCO or a Marine Commando is no cakewalk. Trainees have to undergo one of the world’s toughest courses that can last between two-and-a-half to three years, depending on the specialisation.
3. Getting selected to be trained as a MARCO itself is difficult. The pre-training procedure, which includes a three-day physical fitness and aptitude test, sees almost 80% applicants being screened out. And it gets worse. A five-week-long ‘hell’s week’ follows this, which includes sleep deprivation and intense physical training. Those that make it through, or don’t quit on their own, actually proceed to the actual training.
4. Those that clear the selection then start undergoing the grilling course which includes basic training at INS Abhimanyu in Mumbai. The trainees then train in para jumps at the Paratrooper Training School in Agra and a diving course at Navy’s Diving School in Kochi.
5. After this basic training, they join – on probation – their respective groups for advance training. This includes training for counter insurgency, anti-hijacking, anti-piracy, clandestine operations, surveillance and reconnaissance, amphibious operations, unconventional warfare, and hostage rescue, among others.
6. All MARCOS are static line para jump qualified and some are qualified for freefall (HALO/HAHO) para jumps – High Altitude Low Opening and High Altitude High Opening. In fact, MARCOS are the handful of the special forces from around the world that are capable of being para dropped into the sea with the full combat load.
7. MARCOS are also trained in High Altitude Commando Course at the Parvat Ghatak School in Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh, at the Desert Warfare School in Rajasthan, High Altitude Warfare School (HAWS) in Sonmarg and Counter Insurgency and Jungle Warfare School (CIJWS) in Mizoram.
8. Their training makes MARCOS tough nuts to crack. An Indian MARCO on an exchange program in the US topped the US Navy SEAL course with ease.
9. After completion of training, a MARCO serves with the elite outfit for 3 to 5 years.
10. The MARCOS are equipped with some of the best weapons in the world. The units are equipped with the Israeli Tavor TAR-21 assault rifle to which a 40 mm grenade launcher can be attached. The TAR-21 is weather sealed, so a MARCO can emerge out of the sea, weapon drawn and ready to shoot. A scary sight for the bad guys!
11. Other weapons include the Heckler & Koch MP5 sub machine gun for close quarter battles, the SIG Sauer P226 and Glock 17 pistols and the Druganov and Galil sniper rifles and OSV-96 semi-auto heavy caliber anti material rifle. Apart from the weapons, they also operate two man subs, the Italian CE-2F/X100, for conducting covert underwater operations.
12. The MARCOS operations are the stuff of legends. Op Pawan in Sri Lanka, an operation to blow up the Jaffna jetty, saw MARCOS swim 12 kms to their target with their combat load in tow. They then slipped in without being detected and blew up the harbour with explosives. They were immediately fired upon by the LTTE. The commandos returned fire and managed to swim back to the ship without any casualties.
13. In 1988, the MARCOS, as a part of Op Cactus, thwarted an attempted coup in Maldives. They captured the boat with 46 mercenaries and their hostages that had escaped after the failed coup attempt.
14. During the Kargil War, the MARCOS were tasked to undertake covert operations behind enemy lines. During the Mumbai attacks in 2008, they stormed the Oberoi Trident and Taj hotels where the terrorists were killed.
15. Even the terrorists in Kashmir are scared of the MARCOS and refer to them as ‘Dadiwala Fauj’, thanks to the beards they wear as disguise.
No i don't know any one in Navy but Army starting from my father, all i can tell you that Army has a long history of saving Marco ASS in Kashmir.
So how is Marcos is equivalent to Seals/ Shayetet 13/ Russian Frogmen ?
I shall come to the " marcos = Indian Para" part later.
thnx for Indian Tigers.. info
man..but everybody who is in this sector.know this..
nd plz all my country man don't fight..eachother..
what is it!!!!!
is it a topic discussion or some kids's cooking game. Grow up, BOTH of you, behave like mature HUMAN(s).
North eastern faction not Indian Army or paramilitary operator ..
This is not a RAP battle vs PARA and MARCOS ..
Take it to the member section ..
9th PARA SF ....
Please enter a message with at least 30 characters.
Paracommandos in Sri Lanka with friendly Tamil Rebel groups during the time of IPKF. Most likely it's 10 Para.
Paracommandos in Kashmir during the 90's.
9th PARA SF "Speed, Stealth and Violence of Action"
9th PARA SF "Purna Vijay"
9th PARA SF "We come unseen"
9th PARA SF "To war with guile"
Indian Air Force Garud Commandos
Weapons : TAR-21 and GTAR-21
Separate names with a comma.