India rejected, so China built SL ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

KS

Bye bye DFI

No words to describe the stupidity of the Indian Govt. Honestly no words.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
This is known news. India rejected thanks to Tamil sentiments of not to look like helping Sinhalese. coalition government screwed. Y regional parties.
I know of SLs who prefer India to China but were cold shouldered by India.. All thanks to the Tamil issue. So don't cry for the stupidity of the govt but the fallacy in the mindset of the regional party.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
why does any central gov so much fears their state allies that cost us on on security :frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:

SPIEZ

Country flag
This is known news. India rejected thanks to Tamil sentiments of not to look like helping Sinhalese. coalition government screwed. Y regional parties.
I know of SLs who prefer India to China but were cold shouldered by India.. All thanks to the Tamil issue. So don't cry for the stupidity of the govt but the fallacy in the mindset of the regional party.
Tamil govt during the last stages of war was against selling weapons to Sri-Lanka. Ports would come under economic part, don't know why they rejected.

If the say of regional parties were always considered the situation would be completely different, say for eg: JJ case on killing the fisher-folk, or as KK once suggested setting up of watch stations in Sri-Lanka to help rehabilitate the Tamils there.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Spiez, we have members here from TN and also in the political circus who advocate cutting all ties with SL. So lets not kid ourselves here. SL was lost to china because of Tamil politicians.

Himanshu Pandey

Indian Gov. get cold feet when it comes to help a neighboror friend Strategically

Last edited:

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
i would at least not blame the GoI on this, this is all about regional politics. GoI did well to get a nod in yes to come up with a port in jaffna, if i recall the name of the place correctly.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Okay, if you care about Tamil sentiments do something about the fishermen the Lankans are killing rather than fuck up strategic oppurtunities.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Sorry to say but this is one of the stupidest argument you ever put forth with - full of prejudice and lacking in depth and let me say why...

If the Indian Govt really respected the Tamil sentiments they should rather have NOT supplied arms,ammunition,intelliegnce and international support to the Lankans when they were going on a mad spree killing the Tamils...not by refusing to build their ports which could have been a huge strategic offer not to mention money for our firms..

You help the Sinhalese butcher the Tamils over there , as if it does not affect the Tamil sentiment, and like a cute innocent puppy 'refuse' to build their ports - through which we could have not allowed the Chinis to step in - because you respect the 'Tamil' sentiment and do not want to be seen helping the Lankans...

Are you freaking kidding me..or the mid noon siesta taking a toll on you ?

i would at least not blame the GoI on this, this is all about regional politics. GoI did well to get a nod in yes to come up with a port in jaffna, if i recall the name of the place correctly.
No, dont you guys blame the regional politics or in Yusuf's word's "respect for tamil sentiment" for this....blame the dumasses in foreign policy dept for that...

Respect for Tamil sentiment would have been better shown by not supplying them arms,ammunition when they were butchering civilians over there or by not shielding the war criminal SL govt from UN or atleast by protecting our fishermen out there who even now are being hapless victims of Lankan Navy atrocities...

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Okay, if you care about Tamil sentiments do something about the fishermen the Lankans are killing rather than fuck up strategic oppurtunities.
Coming from the Tamil politicians, sometimes i wonder what is the truth as the Tamil politicians are well known for playing up things. The fishermen issue needs independent verification as to what really happens there. SL is denying it does that. Tamil politicians say SL does that. We need our coast guard to protect our waters and also make sure Indian fishermen dont cross over into SL waters.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Coming from the Tamil politicians, sometimes i wonder what is the truth as the Tamil politicians are well known for playing up things. The fishermen issue needs independent verification as to what really happens there. SL is denying it does that. Tamil politicians say SL does that. We need our coast guard to protect our waters and also make sure Indian fishermen dont cross over into SL waters.
So you would rather believe the words of Lankans over that of your own countrymen..C'mon Yusuf...you think the weekly issue of fishermen getting attacked is some how "manufactured" by the Tamil politicians ?

visit the coastal hamlets sttrewn along the coast from Tuticorin down south to Nagapaattinam up north...There will not be a single hamlet that has not lost someone to the lankan atrocities..

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The fishermen issue is true as it can get, but it is also true that international boundaries on the sea beween countries so closely located is not easy to find!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
India supplied the arms when the regional parties had no say in central politics. India would not have supplied arms or rather would not have been able to do so if the regional parties.

Once the regional parties came into power in the center, India could not send arms to SL. Pak and China stepped in.

Again old news link below.
India refused to build Hambantota port: Lanka - Rediff.com India News

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
So you would rather believe the words of Lankans over that of your own countrymen..C'mon Yusuf...you think the weekly issue of fishermen getting attacked is some how "manufactured" by the Tamil politicians ?

visit the coastal hamlets sttrewn along the coast from Tuticorin down south to Nagapaattinam up north...There will not be a single hamlet that has not lost someone to the lankan atrocities..
There may be killings but then we also dont know the reasons for it. Though killing is not the right way to go about it when warnings should be enough for any encroachment. But then, years of bickering between Sinhalese and Sri Lankan Tamils and the support of Indian Tamils to the SL Tamils may be the reason why they are just killing the fishermen instead of warning in the event of them crossing into SL waters.

KS

Bye bye DFI
India supplied the arms when the regional parties had no say in central politics. India would not have supplied arms or rather would not have been able to do so if the regional parties.

Once the regional parties came into power in the center, India could not send arms to SL. Pak and China stepped in.

Again old news link below.
India refused to build Hambantota port: Lanka - Rediff.com India News
Oh c'mon you seriously believe that "bhais ka gobar" and want me also to believe ?

A regional party (DMK or ADMK) was always a part of the Central Govt for the last 12 years...infact in the Lok Sabha elections 2004 the UPA had a perfect score of 39/39 from TN...and the critical phase of the war was entirely in the first tenure of UPA...so basicaally your allegations fall flat...Infact even in my hometown which houses a regimental centre a convoy of trucks carrying lethal arms to Lanka was intercepted as late as 2008..

It was never a question of "respecting Tamil sentiment"..never...but just bone headed ness when they refused to even reap the fruits for the initial stupid actions they did...

So basically it is getting into shit without regard for the local sentiment but when it was time to reap the rewards for that refusing it...double foolish, I would say..

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
You can live in your make belief world. Chinese stepped up arms supply and pakis too once india refused. That after the regional parties came in. Do you think an IPKF would have landed in SL if the Tamil parties were in coalition in the center?

Tell me what other reason India had to refuse to build the port in SL?

KS

Bye bye DFI
There may be killings but then we also dont know the reasons for it. Though killing is not the right way to go about it when warnings should be enough for any encroachment. But then, years of bickering between Sinhalese and Sri Lankan Tamils and the support of Indian Tamils to the SL Tamils may be the reason why they are just killing the fishermen instead of warning in the event of them crossing into SL waters.
Whatever be the reason....if Indian tamils are wrong only the SC of India has a goddamn right to punish us...not some puny islanders in their rust buckets....

Its primarily a question of protecting/saving the lives of your citizens..what they did comes later..much like the US..if any of their citizen is convicted aabroad they do everything in their power to re-patriate him..that they try him for his crime is another matter..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles