India plans five-layer ‘lock’ for Pakistan border

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-for-Pakistan-border/articleshow/51770756.cms

W DELHI: The Centre has okayed a five-layer elaborate plan to completely stop infiltration on the 2,900-km western border with Pakistan. It entails round-the-clock surveillance through sophisticated technology which in effect will totally "lock" India's western border to prevent Pathankot-like terror attacks and smuggling.

CCTV cameras, thermal image and night-vision devices, battlefield surveillance radar, underground monitoring sensors and laser barriers will be placed along the border to track all movement from the other side. The integrated set-up will ensure that if one device doesn't work, another will alert the control room in case of a transgression, officials said. Laser barriers will cover 130 unfenced sections including riverine and mountain terrain from Jammu & Kashmir to Gujarat — often used by the infiltrators.

The government has drawn up a comprehensive five-layer plan to put a 'complete stop' to infiltration from across India's 2,900-km western border with Pakistan.

The government has given its nod to the 'Comprehensive Integrated Border Management System' (CIBMS) for 24x7x365 surveillance of the border through technology. CIBMS, officials said, is the only solution to avoid further terror attacks like Pathankot, infiltration and smuggling of any material. Even though it will cost a bomb, the government has realised that this is the only way to avoid further attacks. Interestingly, it is also the first time since Independence that India will completely lock its western border.

A senior home ministry official said CIBMS would also help security forces catch those who help in infiltration from the Indian side of the border, as the radars would have a 360-degree coverage and the cameras would work dayand-night looking on both sides.

Ministry sources told TOI that work on two pilot projects on stretches of 5 km each, one in Punjab and another in Jammu, had started after issuing a global tender two weeks ago.

After this, the government has approved 30 km each for installation of CIBMS in Gujarat and Punjab. The government reportedly plans to cover the entire border with "technological surveillance" in two years.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
2900 crores worth of contract for grabs.

I want RCWS, Unmanned armed Quadcopters, 360 degree thermal sensors etc etc..........

Panjab47

सर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट्टादेवकल्पादृढ़व्रता|੧੫|
Banned
Won't this make it harder to invade pakistan?

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Rather we should neutralize those porki terrorist at its sources. Single bomb on one camp will neutralize so many bad guys and save our soldiers from one to one conflicts.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Rather we should neutralize those porki terrorist at its sources. Single bomb on one camp will neutralize so many bad guys and save our soldiers from one to one conflicts.
Problem is that these camps have purposely been established in villages. Bombing them will result in considerable collateral damage. The Pakis will then go crying again to the UN blaming India for the huge loss of lives of 'innocent' Pakis. That would be bad publicity.

But one good action would be to destroy with BVR/stand-off missiles the HQs of these terror outfits like the LeT and JeM. These are standalone buildings in Muzzafarabad and Muridke etc. This will give them a good lesson not to screw around with India.

Paki reaction? Zilch except for a few brain farts from the ISPR and the terrorists for taking revenge etc etc.

But then, do our politicians have the balls to order a missile strike on terror HQs in Pak? That's the million dollar question!

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
There will always be an roundabout in everything. I dont thing the govt is sincere in locking down or this plan will frutify soon. Gonna take a lot of time.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Problem is that these camps have purposely been established in villages. Bombing them will result in considerable collateral damage. The Pakis will then go crying again to the UN blaming India for the huge loss of lives of 'innocent' Pakis. That would be bad publicity.

But one good action would be to destroy with BVR/stand-off missiles the HQs of these terror outfits like the LeT and JeM. These are standalone buildings in Muzzafarabad and Muridke etc. This will give them a good lesson not to screw around with India.

Paki reaction? Zilch except for a few brain farts from the ISPR and the terrorists for taking revenge etc etc.

But then, do our politicians have the balls to order a missile strike on terror HQs in Pak? That's the million dollar question!

why to destroy terror camps. target the ISI directly. And force them to demolish these hideouts.

indiatester

Country flag
The strategy must include offensive/punitive actions. Just relying on defensive measures is only going to test how much pain we are going to bear either on people or on purse. I'd like to read on the offensive part if any.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-for-Pakistan-border/articleshow/51770756.cms

W DELHI: The Centre has okayed a five-layer elaborate plan to completely stop infiltration on the 2,900-km western border with Pakistan. It entails round-the-clock surveillance through sophisticated technology which in effect will totally "lock" India's western border to prevent Pathankot-like terror attacks and smuggling.

CCTV cameras, thermal image and night-vision devices, battlefield surveillance radar, underground monitoring sensors and laser barriers will be placed along the border to track all movement from the other side. The integrated set-up will ensure that if one device doesn't work, another will alert the control room in case of a transgression, officials said. Laser barriers will cover 130 unfenced sections including riverine and mountain terrain from Jammu & Kashmir to Gujarat — often used by the infiltrators.

The government has drawn up a comprehensive five-layer plan to put a 'complete stop' to infiltration from across India's 2,900-km western border with Pakistan.

The government has given its nod to the 'Comprehensive Integrated Border Management System' (CIBMS) for 24x7x365 surveillance of the border through technology. CIBMS, officials said, is the only solution to avoid further terror attacks like Pathankot, infiltration and smuggling of any material. Even though it will cost a bomb, the government has realised that this is the only way to avoid further attacks. Interestingly, it is also the first time since Independence that India will completely lock its western border.

A senior home ministry official said CIBMS would also help security forces catch those who help in infiltration from the Indian side of the border, as the radars would have a 360-degree coverage and the cameras would work dayand-night looking on both sides.

Ministry sources told TOI that work on two pilot projects on stretches of 5 km each, one in Punjab and another in Jammu, had started after issuing a global tender two weeks ago.

After this, the government has approved 30 km each for installation of CIBMS in Gujarat and Punjab. The government reportedly plans to cover the entire border with "technological surveillance" in two years.
Nice. :biggrin2:
In 20-25 years, gap between our and their incomes gonna be multiplied by 4-5 folds. More paki muzzies will try to enter India, even higher than BD.

busesaway

I support the wall completely. It's only right that such a troublesome nation gets a wall to protect India. It might be advantageous for India to bring in experts from Israel and South Korea to advise on how to build a strong wall.

I also have two other suggestions: special paramilitary forces that replace regular police in the state and an internal passport or ID card.

Can we also assume that there won't be any chance of war prior to 2018?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I support the wall completely. It's only right that such a troublesome nation gets a wall to protect India. It might be advantageous for India to bring in experts from Israel and South Korea to advise on how to build a strong wall.

I also have two other suggestions: special paramilitary forces that replace regular police in the state and an internal passport or ID card.

Can we also assume that there won't be any chance of war prior to 2018?
Don't think this one is a Israel type wall, it's a multi layered fencing.

Israeli type wall is too costly and haven't seen such huge amount being budgeted.

busesaway

Don't think this one is a Israel type wall, it's a multi layered fencing.

Israeli type wall is too costly and haven't seen such huge amount being budgeted.
I think they are both good comparisons though. North Korea has had far fewer military incidents in comparison to Pakistan.

I think the European Union and United States need to pour more money into Indian military aid so that India can defend itself from Pakistan. It's annoying that the United States still maintains friendly relations with Pakistan, and proceeds to say that India shouldn't be too ethno-religious (despite its relationship with Israel).

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I think they are both good comparisons though. North Korea has had far fewer military incidents in comparison to Pakistan.

I think the European Union and United States need to pour more money into Indian military aid so that India can defend itself from Pakistan. It's annoying that the United States still maintains friendly relations with Pakistan, and proceeds to say that India shouldn't be too ethno-religious (despite its relationship with Israel).
Haven't studied much on noko fence, hence no opinion from my side.

I am not saying we cannot afford building the wall, I am saying there is no budget of such high amount that has been allocated to home ministry.

Don't need America or EU AID in military matters, best example on why such aid should not be taken is Pakistan itself.

busesaway

Haven't studied much on noko fence, hence no opinion from my side.

I am not saying we cannot afford building the wall, I am saying there is no budget of such high amount that has been allocated to home ministry.

Don't need America or EU AID in military matters, best example on why such aid should not be taken is Pakistan itself.
I remember reading something that it was between India-Pakistan or NKorea-SKorea over which border was most heavily fortified. I think the Israel-Palestine border is probably the most similar to Pakistan-India.

You shouldn't think lightly of military spending .Sri Lanka's economy collapsed under the weight of military spending. It's had to seek help from the IMF in order to cover the loses from its war.

I think it's only right that the United States funding military spending to defend India from Pakistan, particularly if it manages to subsidize the entire Pakistani military for several years under the disguise of NATO; how much of that money fed into anti-India organizations?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
You shouldn't think lightly of military spending .Sri Lanka's economy collapsed under the weight of military spending. It's had to seek help from the IMF in order to cover the loses from its war.

I think it's only right that the United States funding military spending to defend India from Pakistan, particularly if it manages to subsidize the entire Pakistani military for several years under the disguise of NATO; how much of that money fed into anti-India organizations?
Border fencing in India does not fully come under military budget, it comes under home ministry.

As far as Americans helping pakis, I don't have any issues with Americans protecting their strategic assets. This will change anyways by the end of term of next American president.

busesaway

Border fencing in India does not fully come under military budget, it comes under home ministry.

As far as Americans helping pakis, I don't have any issues with Americans protecting their strategic assets. This will change anyways by the end of term of next American president.
I would rearrange everything and place it under the "Department for Security". The Federal Government can handle the army (and maybe gendarmerie), while the state or governments can handle the police and paramilitary.

I like what Trump did in the rift between Saudi Arabia and Qatar. I hope he does something similar so we don't have to risk our men on something as pathetic as Pakistan - all we need to do is build a wall along our northern border.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles