India Open final LIVE: Saina Nehwal wins India Open, 1st Indian shuttl

Srinivas_K

Country flag
India Open final LIVE: Saina Nehwal wins India Open, 1st Indian shuttler to achieve the feat

Ace shuttler Saina Nehwal won the women's singles title of the India Open Superseries for the first time at the Siri Fort Sports Complex here on Sunday.

The top seed defeated Thai Ratchanok Intanon 21-16, 21-14 in 49 minutes.
Saina, the Olympic bronze medallist, became the world number one even before she took the court for the semi-final after her closest competitor, Carolina Marin of Spain, lost in the other last four match against Ratchanok.

"It is a dream come true. I can't even believe that I have become the world number one. I guess till the time I see my name there myself I won't be able to believe it. It has been a long journey," Saina said.

"I want to thank Vimal (Kumar) Sir, my parents for the success. Vimal sir had told me that I will be number one by May. I still can't believe it."

In the men's section, world number 4 Kidambi Srikanth, who had clinched the Swiss Open earlier this month, also made his second successive finals after prevailing over Chinese qualifier Xue Song 21-16 21-13 in 42 minutes. He will take on Denmark's Viktor Axelsen, the world number 6, in the summit clash which will be a rematch of the Swiss Open final.

Srikanth had beaten Axelsen 21-15, 12-21, 21-14 to lift the Swiss Open crown.

India Open final LIVE: Saina Nehwal wins India Open, 1st Indian shuttler to achieve the feat

:first:

Last edited:

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Re: India Open final LIVE: Saina Nehwal wins India Open, 1st Indian sh

^ Saar, y u no add teh obligatory: --> :first: <-- in your post. :(

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Last edited by a moderator:

Srinivas_K

Country flag

Maybe they are copyright protected.

Even so, I have drawn the attention of the right folks.
Thanks Mr @Ray !

Last edited by a moderator:

GUNS-N- ROSES

richly deserved for the one of the finest sportperson produced by india. best of luck for future.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles