India Needs $233B in Next 11 Years To Buy Weapons

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Even porkiestani politicians dont have balls to confront us

according to them RAW slaughtered the kids of their soldiers, officers in APS pissawar but still they remained mum
That's because they know it's unsubstantiated not true! It was the TTP and the Establishment knows it. It's only their idiotic media and so called Porki 'defence experts' who love to spin a web of lies and deceit! This way, no heads roll in Pakistan's ISI/Jihadi military complex as RAW is a convenient scapegoat.

You need to watch their harebrained discussions on their TV. According to these imbeciles, ALL attacks in Pakistan were the handiwork of RAW and all terrorist attacks in India were false flag operations conducted by the Indians themselves, by RAW! The Porkis are painted as lily white! The land of the pure!

Porkistan is a failed state filled to the brim with retards. And they'e multiplying like rabbits! Sheeesh!

busesaway

Australian budget is already $32.4 billions compared to India's $49 billions.
Even if we exclude salaries and pensions of Indian soldiers, our budget is still higher.

As far beating Australia is concerned, their conventional military doesn't stand anywhere near ours, plus they have no nuclear weapons unlike India's.
I think India should merge its air force into the navy, and then invest in supercarries and aircraft carriers capable of carrying nukes.

India should also attempt to form a defense alliance with Nepal/Bhutan/Lanka, similar to NATO or European Common Security Policy.

Neither neighbor can defend themselves, Nepal/Bhutan are being heavily courted by China, and Sri Lanka has huge debt loads due to high military spending.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I think India should merge its air force into the navy, and then invest in supercarries and aircraft carriers capable of carrying nukes.

India should also attempt to form a defense alliance with Nepal/Bhutan/Lanka, similar to NATO or European Common Security Policy.

Neither neighbor can defend themselves, Nepal/Bhutan are being heavily courted by China, and Sri Lanka has huge debt loads due to high military spending.
Navy has it's own Air Wing.
Both IAF and IN have bases and different roles.
If we invest IAF's budget in Navy, we will become "Planeless". And Navy doesn't need IAF's budget for chasing ambitions.
It already enjoys advantage of a cheap and indigenous ship and warship building industry of India.

And making alliance with Nepal Bhutan and comparing it to NATO is like equating Stoya with Church's mother.
European partners and competent but same isn't about India's neighbors.:biggrin2:

busesaway

Navy has it's own Air Wing.
Both IAF and IN have bases and different roles.
If we invest IAF's budget in Navy, we will become "Planeless". And Navy doesn't need IAF's budget for chasing ambitions.
I think the Air Force should be merged into the Navy's Air Wing. India will stil have "planes" to use, but they will fly under the banner of the navy. The planes will be integrated with the navy and should be interoperatable with naval aircraft carriers.

The navy is far more projectable than the air force, and the navy still has to maintain air bases in a similar manner to the air force. The entire operation may as well be co-ordinated by the navy.

It already enjoys advantage of a cheap and indigenous ship and warship building industry of India.
I have a distrust for foriegn military companies, who will primarily come from Europe and America. While Europe and America have many nations to compete with, India can only partney with Nepal and Bhutan.

And making alliance with Nepal Bhutan and comparing it to NATO is like equating Stoya with Church's mother.
European partners and competent but same isn't about India's neighbors.:biggrin2:
Nepal and Bhutan are very close to China. It would be in India's interest to replace their foriegn military with Indian military.

The same situation in Sri Lanka. They have a debt problem due to military funding too. India should get them to open up to Indian military, and allow them to just maintain an internal paratrooper force. India pays for defense, maybe shared with China if really needed.

busesaway

Military Budgets of Neighbors
Nepal: $0.2 billion
Lanka: $2.4 billion
Bhutan: $0.03 billion
Total: $2.43 billion

And India might be able to lower the spending slightly since they can use existing Indian hardware. Lanka is too high anyway and should be lowered to around $1 billion at least. (1% of GDP, as what happens in NATO Europe).

And obviously each nation would still maintain their own paratrooper forces, so that would reduce the costs.

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I think the Air Force should be merged into the Navy's Air Wing. India will stil have "planes" to use, but they will fly under the banner of the navy. The planes will be integrated with the navy and should be interoperatable with naval aircraft carriers.
  1. Do you know the difference between size of Navy's Air Wing and Air Force? Navy simply does not have any space to keep it.:biggrin2:
  2. Integration of Air Force with Navy with stupid. special from Navy can only operate from ships and they can't be used as deep strike or dog fighters like IAF. Aircrafts operated from Aircraft Carriers have limited capabilities against ground operated planes.
  3. Air Force has bases in and out India, even in landlocked areas.
  4. If you are concerned with coordinates of Air Force and Navy, they play role very well. Example in 1971, Air Force and army were fighting to liberate Bangladesh in East Pakistan and Navy is operating near Pakistani coasts and IOR to cover them against any pakistani or third party intervention.:)
The navy is far more projectable than the air force, and the navy still has to maintain air bases in a similar manner to the air force. The entire operation may as well be co-ordinated by the navy.
Integration of Air Force neither will effect Navy's power not Air Force. Navy has it's own role and fields of projections, Air Force has own.
India is currently keeping feet in Syrian War, where only Indian Force can project power if we involve directly, not Navy.
You may find Navy more powerful because Navy is expanding faster than Air Force. But if you think Naval integration or model will help Air Force, you're wrong.
I have a distrust for foriegn military companies, who will primarily come from Europe and America. While Europe and America have many nations to compete with, India can only partney with Nepal and Bhutan.
Even Indian Companies are among NATO suppliers. Further, India has significantly improved it's indigenous military complex. So, I'm not worried.
Nepal and Bhutan are very close to China. It would be in India's interest to replace their foriegn military with Indian military.
Bhutan is much closer to India when compared to PRC. Yes, bringing them under our sphere and making military partners is in Indian interest but you can't compare these countries with NATO partners at all.
The same situation in Sri Lanka. They have a debt problem due to military funding too. India should get them to open up to Indian military, and allow them to just maintain an internal paratrooper force. India pays for defense, maybe shared with China if really needed.
Challenging Chinese influence is a different thing but India can get plenty of far more NATO like partners from around the world. Plus there is no big advantage in having neighbors as such partners. We need farther countries to connect overseas.

For this, we have Iran, Middle East (we are considering a military base near Arabian Plateau) and some countries to station our soldiers in Africa and Oceania.

busesaway

The idea of a unified military isn't something I've plucked out of thin air:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/...tain-to-merge-itsArmy-Navy-and-Air-Force.html
http://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2014/01/21/air-force-farley
http://www.amc.af.mil/News/Article-...ort-functions-on-jbc-begin-merging-under-ioc/

The Navy can operate the Air Force as part of an extended 'department'. I firmly believe that it's in India's interests to have a strong navy, but I guess this is up for debate.

The advantage for courting Nepal, Bhutan, and Sri Lanka is:
1. a unified sub-continent, without fear of war or foreign intervention
2. a soft form of foreign aid, since India is subsidizing their military costs
3. more allies on the global field. it will be harder diplomatically for these countries to turn their backs on India

Australia has several defense treaties with useless neighboring islands. I think India should do something similar.

It's part of my bigger plan to see an enlargement of India, and bring these countries into India's fold. It's a good time to progress since Modi is very politically active, and relations with these countries can only get worse.

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
The idea of a unified military isn't something I've plucked out of thin air:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/...tain-to-merge-itsArmy-Navy-and-Air-Force.html
http://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2014/01/21/air-force-farley
http://www.amc.af.mil/News/Article-...ort-functions-on-jbc-begin-merging-under-ioc/

The Navy can operate the Air Force as part of an extended 'department'. I firmly believe that it's in India's interests to have a strong navy, but I guess this is up for debate.

The advantage for courting Nepal, Bhutan, and Sri Lanka is:
1. a unified sub-continent, without fear of war or foreign intervention
2. a soft form of foreign aid, since India is subsidizing their military costs
3. more allies on the global field. it will be harder diplomatically for these countries to turn their backs on India

Australia has several defense treaties with useless neighboring islands. I think India should do something similar.

It's part of my bigger plan to see an enlargement of India, and bring these countries into India's fold. It's a good time to progress since Modi is very politically active, and relations with these countries can only get worse.
From wherever you have picked the idea, it is not compatible with Indian Requirements and Strategies.

As far as subcontinent is concerned,
Unification will happen sooner or later. I was explaining that why you can't equate SAARC with NATO.

Abhijat

Country flag
@busesaway , if i may interrupt , your idea of integration of air force in navy is valid only for countries , believing in expediationary warfare.

Prime example being U.S.

They follow Admiral Mahan's Theory of Sea power , where utlising interconnectivity of all the oceans and strategic placement of aircraft carriers along choke points, make them only power to control sea lanes.

Therefore , U.S deploy more no. of carriers than all other countries put together.

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tapatalk

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
India spends one of the lowest amounts per capita on defence globally , in relative terms our defence expenditure has actually decreased from around 3.6% of GDP in 1988 to around 2.25% of GDP today. To be Fair Pakistan has also decreased it's spending from around 7.3% of GDP in 1988 to 3.6% today. That said Indian defence considerations are geared towards China and hence will always be much larger than Pakistan's.
In recent Years the biggest % of GDP we spent was in 2009 when we spent around 2.89% of our GDP on defence.
Our GDP should be 4$Tr by 2020 and 10$Tr by 2030 even if we spend 2.5% of our GDP on defence in 2020 We'll have a defence budget of 100$Bil and the same would rise to some 250$bil/annum by 2030(around 50% of the predicted GDP of Pak then) . 233$Bil in the next 11 years is peanuts, we'll spend more than 1000$bil/annum in the 11years starting 2020.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
India spends one of the lowest amounts per capita on defence globally , in relative terms our defence expenditure has actually decreased from around 3.6% of GDP in 1988 to around 2.25% of GDP today. To be Fair Pakistan has also decreased it's spending from around 7.3% of GDP in 1988 to 3.6% today. That said Indian defence considerations are geared towards China and hence will always be much larger than Pakistan's.
In recent Years the biggest % of GDP we spent was in 2009 when we spent around 2.89% of our GDP on defence.
Our GDP should be 4$Tr by 2020 and 10$Tr by 2030 even if we spend 2.5% of our GDP on defence in 2020 We'll have a defence budget of 100$Bil and the same would rise to some 250$bil/annum by 2030(around 50% of the predicted GDP of Pak then) . 233$Bil in the next 11 years is peanuts, we'll spend more than 1000$bil/annum in the 11years starting 2020.
Yeah that's what was in my mind....
You read my mind brother....
220 billion usd in next 11 years sounds very less when we account our booming economy.
Plus we have to fund many militarymodernisation programs and the funds for many programs have not been allocated
So in next 11 years our capital expenditure should what I beleive is going to be 600 billion usd.
But the main problem with this big budget is excessive ree tapism and corruption which handicaps our military expenditure.
As long as we have corrupt politicians officers and military personnel we cannot have a proper modern army so that should be checked too.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
220 billion usd in next 11 years sounds very less when we account our booming economy.
Plus we have to fund many militarymodernisation programs and the funds for many programs have not been allocated
So in next 11 years our capital expenditure should what I beleive is going to be 600 billion usd.
But the main problem with this big budget is excessive ree tapism and corruption which handicaps our military expenditure.
As long as we have corrupt politicians officers and military personnel we cannot have a proper modern army so that should be checked too.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I think the $230B etc is the amount allocated for buying weapons not the entire defense budget.
India's defense budget est., by SIPRI, for 2015 is $53B, for comparison PRC is $215B.

If we assume 1/6th of defense budget goes for buying weapons, then def, budget for 11 years will be 230x6=$1380B.
Rough calculation, have mercy.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles