India may drop MMRCA Rafale and switch to F-35?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
"According to source from Indian DM, India may drop the purchase of French Rafale in order to allocate the money to procure American F-35.
With the delay of PAK-FA development and China's fast progress in J20, J31 and rumored J18, Indian Air Force claimed it was under huge pressure to induct a stealthy fighter as soon as possible. Meanwhile, it will increase funds in acquiring more advanced Super Su30MKIs and indigenous smaller advanced combat aircraft. F35 are facing cancelling of orders from many countries such as Canada and Holland, Indian will take this opportunity to go directly with already available 5 gen fighters."

Is this true?

This might be a good idea though. Poor French, they may already paid the kickback.

gokussj9

Country flag
"According to source from Indian DM, India may drop the purchase of French Rafale in order to allocate the money to procure American F-35.
With the delay of PAK-FA development and China's fast progress in J20, J31 and rumored J18, Indian Air Force claimed it was under huge pressure to induct a stealthy fighter as soon as possible. Meanwhile, it will increase funds in acquiring more advanced Super Su30MKIs and indigenous smaller advanced combat aircraft. F35 are facing cancelling of orders from many countries such as Canada and Holland, Indian will take this opportunity to go directly with already available 5 gen fighters."

Is this true?

This might be a good idea though. Poor French, they may already paid the kickback.
Any links for this news?

gokussj9

Country flag
BJTV report in Chinese, I just translated, a Xinhua reporter stationed in New Delhi thus said.
I would first wait for any official confirmation from India and my country first. The terms on which India wants to take F-35 (if offered) may not be acceptable to
US. Again, India has already signed the deal for PAKFA and the this deal was for MMRCA in which Rafale fits perfectly.

Reactions: uss

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag

Is this true?

Seriously i want to ask u some few questions after reading such pathetic thread?:lol:

Q1:now did CCP feed this garbage info in CCTV or our defence minister A.k anthony himself informed you?? :laugh:

Q2:Which fool told u that there is a delay in PAK -FA development even if it had produced 4th protype & claiming it to build 5th protoype by another 6-8 months & thats
not all you have on top of it shamelessly claiming J20 & J21 are developing fast even if we havent seen any 4th protype of J20 yet & J21 which is barely having russian engines:rofl:?

Q3:Why would india take F35 bait which india know is a castrated stealth fighter with hopless supercruise & white elephant in maintenace & life cycle costs.?:taunt:
& thats not all u are telling that it's good idea.

After reading your clueless thread can i ask u 1 simple question .Promise me u wont mind?

Is this true?

that Chinese are god gifted retards or the rafale phobia has made chinese paranoid

t_co

For the amount of time, money, and effort that went into its design, the F-35 is a terrible fighter plane. Aside from having a good engine, the F-35 tries to accomplish too many things at once--air superiority, ground strike, carrier landings, STOVL--to make it truly stellar at any of those tasks. The F-35 is a classic example of a defense industry run amok, without a fresh set of eyes providing proper oversight. Where is Eisenhower when you need him?

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
I would first wait for any official confirmation from India and my country first. The terms on which India wants to take F-35 (if offered) may not be acceptable to
US. Again, India has already signed the deal for PAKFA and the this deal was for MMRCA in which Rafale fits perfectly.
Arm sale deal is not a business contract. and it does not contradict the PAK-FA deal, it is just bad for Dassault.

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
For the amount of time, money, and effort that went into its design, the F-35 is a terrible fighter plane. Aside from having a good engine, the F-35 tries to accomplish too many things at once--air superiority, ground strike, carrier landings, STOVL--to make it truly stellar at any of those tasks. The F-35 is a classic example of a defense industry run amok, without a fresh set of eyes providing proper oversight. Where is Eisenhower when you need him?
they may not buy the Bs, but either As or Cs?

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
Seriously i want to ask u some few questions after reading such pathetic thread?:lol:

Q1:now did CCP feed this garbage info in CCTV or our defence minister A.k anthony himself informed you?? :laugh:

Q2:Which fool told u that there is a delay in PAK -FA development even if it had produced 4th protype & claiming it to build 5th protoype by another 6-8 months & thats
not all you have on top of it shamelessly claiming J20 & J21 are developing fast even if we havent seen any 4th protype of J20 yet & J21 which is barely having russian engines:rofl:?

Q3:Why would india take F35 bait which india know is a castrated stealth fighter with hopless supercruise & white elephant in maintenace & life cycle costs.?:taunt:
& thats not all u are telling that it's good idea.

After reading your clueless thread can i ask u 1 simple question .Promise me u wont mind?

Is this true?

that Chinese are god gifted retards or the rafale phobia has made chinese paranoid

the BJTV ( not CCTV) reporter quotes from an Indian insider, I just don't understand your desperation. CCP does not pay for anything you purchase, and CCP does not owe your money either, why are you so sensitive.

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
the BJTV ( not CCTV) reporter quotes from an Indian insider, I just don't understand your desperation. CCP does not pay for anything you purchase, and CCP does not owe your money either, why are you so sensitive.
why would we drop a plane like rafale which we took 6-7 years for evaluation & at last reject it for what reason to counter chinese pirated jets & that too opting for a castrated stealth fighter like F35 .:rofl:

Hooosh !!

Stop wasting our time & spoiling our new year mood:toilet:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
No such news in India and there is no offer for F35 for IAF but IN..

Thread will re-open if there are news in Indian media..

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@cinoti

I would not know if it is true.

But we have the money to do both!;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
BJTV report in Chinese, I just translated, a Xinhua reporter stationed in New Delhi thus said.
Being a Chinese, he would have not been able to understand English or Hindi in its correct context and also, he would have been directed by the CCP how to present the news!

Good for this so called source.

A source in China said Xi Jumping is up for high jumps.

How far is that true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles