India may agree to deploy NATO missile system

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
nato led by america is the main aid giver to pakistan who uses this funds to apply green paint on retired chinese and north koreans missiles.i am 100% sure that nato missile defence is surely pac-3 which is even inferior to our indegeneous aad missile.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
nato led by america is the main aid giver to pakistan who uses this funds to apply green paint on retired chinese and north koreans missiles.i am 100% sure that nato missile defence is surely pac-3 which is even inferior to our indegeneous aad missile.
youre right
worth checking these facts

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Would be better to seek technology and develop our own.
Agreed.

Nato are swarming to us not because they care but because they dont want to build our own defenses and we stay dependent on them.

We should develop and try to make everything and not stay dependent on them.

agentperry

i remember when i was a kid any of my batchmate who wanted to get into my group used to impress us by doing our work and spending on us.. he sued to spend hell lotta money on us that he was at time going bankrupt and getting scolding at home... he got near us but when he stopped spending many of my group members and infact to some extent even me ignored him cuz there was no relationship he was just spending on us... now after almost a decade after i see it being done on intl scale... with my own beloved country... i hope future govt takes good care about itself...cuz weapon is like a parasite it not only takes money to buy it but much more than it to run it and maintain it....

jamwal

Country flag
Kindly take a look at source of the news before wasting so much time on it. The link seems to be from a paki site and if it's indeed true, then it's not worth sh1t. Apart from that, I don't think NATO is half serious in involving India as much as a complete system for us would require. In my opinion, one of the major motives behind this offer is to gauge real progress that India has made in it's own missile defence shield. Second is to divert funds from local program and choke off money supply to our indigenous program.

In any case, I'd be really wary of any vital system that's dependent on US/NATO. Even Pakistan is a major ally of that alliance. What's stopping them from offering the same deal to Pakis a few years down the line ?

agentperry

jamwal there is a news in India too that nato is willing to share BMD tech with India..but deploying nato missiles is still under question..

jamwal

Country flag
Missiles, radars, satellites..there is so much that goes in to a BMD system. Will they share the technology with us or allow us to selectively use different components according to our own needs ? Whose missiles will they protect us from ?
What if India is put under sanctions under some pretext ? What will happen to such a shield then ?
This offer from NATO is just a feeler, not a real offer.
BMDs are a real game changer and too vital to be dependent on somebody else.

arya

Country flag
its good news to deploy them but we should do things by our ways

sandeepdg

I am a bit apprehensive about this news. All this talk of of NATO sharing BMD tech has been in news for quite a while, but nothing much substantial has happened between India and NATO on this front to take the process forward. I don't the current government has what it takes to make this thing a reality in the first place.

Anyway, as long as our own independent AAD programs continue without any interference, then this is okay, but not at the cost of our own indigenous programs suffering due to this. Having a NATO BMD shield will mean that we are totally dependent on them for our security, not something good at all for us. Also, this shield is more inclined towards protection of Western assets from Iran, NK and primarily China. Our primary requirements are to use our BMD systems for protection against Pakistani and Chinese missiles. And Pakistan is a major NATO ally, so all this complicates the situation for us. Not sure how it will work in our case. Also, I believe that our Agni and Prithvi interceptor missiles are much better that PAC-3 of the Americans.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles