Us the KamRed bastards will see to that only we get the gains out of that mine

KS

Bye bye DFI
Andhra ?? Its in the state of Rayalseema :D

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Thank you Canada, thank you Australia, thank you, thank you.;-)

Welcome France, Russia. Set up all those nuclear plants.

SLASH

Yusuf,

These deposits are not enough. We need to atleast 10 more such fields to be independent of Australia and Canada.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
For the love of god, private miners shouldn't treat Uranium as iron or coal, and export to the highest bidder. Central government should cordon off the land (I trust the fvcks at State government less than I trust the centre), deploy central security forces, and start mining operation.

ganesh177

Country flag
Why is the news giving contradictory message ?

It says there could be world's largest reserves, and then also goes on to say that india might still have to import ? How much is the indian need actually ? Are we monster hungry for uranium ?

KS

Bye bye DFI
LOL people chill out.

Finding a deposit and starting commercial mining are totally different ball games specially in India.

We have huge, I mean really huge, deposits of bauxite in Niyamgiri, but has mining started ? There are huge iron ore deposits all over Central India..has the mining started ? There are huge Uranium deposits in Meghalaya...has mining started?

Don't cross your fingers - as soon as Centre shows the intention to mine the Uranium some group will start the agitation, tree kissers will make a bee line to that spot and start Dharnas, people like Arundhati will right 20,000 word essays in Time and Frontline decrying the project and ultimately this will be lost in the red tape.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Nuclear-boost: Uranium mine in Andhra Pradesh could be among largest in world

Nuclear-boost: Uranium mine in Andhra Pradesh could be among largest in world

RAWATBHATA (Rajasthan): India's nuclear power aspirations just got a boost thanks to a lucky find. The Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) has discovered that the upcoming uranium mine in Andhra Pradesh's Tumalapalli has close to 49,000 tonnes of uranium - three times the original estimate of the area`s deposits. In fact, there are indications that the total quantity could go up to 1.5 lakh tonnes, which would make it among the largest uranium mines in the world.

The quantity is sufficient for supporting a nuclear power plant of 8,000 MW capacity for 40 years. Production will start in six months. Srikumar Banerjee, secretray of DAE and chairman of the Atomic Energy Regulatory Board, announced the discovery during the foundation stone-laying ceremony of the seventh and eighth units of the Rawatbhata atomic power project.

"It`s confirmed that the mine has 49,000 tonnes of ore, and there are indications that the total quantity could be three times of that amount. If that be the case, it will become the largest uranium mine in the world. The plant is ready, and will begin production by the end of this year," Banerjee said.

Now, India has two functioning uranium mines - both in Jharkhand. The total reserves are estimated to be in the range of 1,70,000 tonnes. The discovery of the Tumalapalli deposit has at one stroke boosted the availability of uranium, lowering the country`s dependence on foreign supplies.

India has been procuring uranium on various terms from countries like France and Kazakhstan but does not yet have a long-term supply contract.

India continues to fancy nuclear energy as a possible solution for its energy needs. Unlike some other countries which have been forced to temper their enthusiasm for nuclear energy post-Fukushima, the UPA government is persisting with its push for what is considered to be the cleanest source of energy.

The fact that Tumalapalli may have uranium reserves has been known for a while, but it took four years for the estimate to come to the present level from 15,000 tonnes in 2007. A 220-MW plant requires 45 tonnes of uranium per year, a 540-MW plant needs 80 tonnes and a 700-MW plant requires 100 tonnes per year.

Banerjee said that the fact that the usual acidic method of leaching would not have worked in Tumalapalli took some time for a full exploration of the reserves. "We developed the method of acidic leaching in the Jadugoda mines in Jharkhand. Subsequent exploration showed that reserves are spread across a 35-km radius," he said.

The countdown has started for the seventh and eighth units of the Rawatbhata power project, which is all set to have two indigenously built 700 MW capacity plants - the biggest in the country. The plants, being built at a cost of Rs 12,000 crore, are likely to be ready by 2016. As per the revised policy, 50% of the energy output will be for consumption in Rajasthan, and the rest will be given to the Northern Grid.

S K Jain, CMD of the Nuclear Power Corporation India Limited, announced plans of constructing 14 plants of 700 MW capacity each over the next few years.

Nuclear-boost: Uranium mine in Andhra Pradesh could be among largest in world - The Economic Times

natarajan

tamil nadu has large platinum resource ,but we dont have tech to refine it and export,so they just ignored it

KS

Bye bye DFI
tamil nadu has large platinum resource ,but we dont have tech to refine it and export,so they just ignored it
That place is 35 km from my home.

If its starts the Bhavani river will be destroyed I think.

Rahul92

Son's Don't compare Rayalseema with other eastern states we don't have any naxal's problem here thanx to our Greyhounds

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Us the KamRed bastards will see to at only we get the gains out of that mine
What is with this silly preemptive mindset KamRed? WTH!! You andhra folks are up to your necks with that KamRed shit.

Where is this field anyway?

Rahul92

Yusuf,

These deposits are not enough. We need to atleast 10 more such fields to be independent of Australia and Canada.
Current tummapalli reserves are enough to generate 8000mw for 40 years

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
India is planning to set up some 30 reactors over as many years and get a quarter of its electricity from nuclear energy by 2050.

30 reactors!!! India will become a nuclear waste land once war starts!!

Rahul92

Why the hell u people bother about energy needs we can import uranium for those purposes but this time we can make nuke bombs without any hassle of treaties

Rahul92

Hey friends i found this joke in other forum

Dont keep so many hopes on this uranium deposits.Ap govt definitely going to lease these mines to Galli Janardhan Reddy.He will export all those ore to China.He will complete this task with in 3Years

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Why the hell u people bother about energy needs we can import uranium for those purposes but this time we can make nuke bombs without any hassle of treaties
I am sure you have no clue about the severity of fuel shortage in India for it's nuke plants. India got into a deal with the US and then NSG to get uranium. Still countries like Australia refuse to sell to us. We need all the uranium we can.

agentperry

well this thing is really good. i wish it is utilized to topmost level. we should focus more and more on re-processing and enrichment technology so that growing economic needs can be met

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles