India joins ballistic missile proliferation regime HCoC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
I don't think its that easy. Predators is one thing, hellfire missiles is completely another. I don't think they will come as a package. Maybe separate deals will have to be negotiated for them.
Of course. When I said "a mandate" I mean we should only use them. The weapons package will definitely be a separate deal.

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Of course. When I said "a mandate" I mean we should only use them. The weapons package will definitely be a separate deal.

It will be a BS deal if the US puts in a clause denying the use of hellfires against pak.

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
It will be a BS deal if the US puts in a clause denying the use of hellfires against pak.
That won't happen AFAIK because Pakistan uses hellfires too.

WolfPack86

Country flag
India may join missile technology key group ‘very quickly’: US
India may join the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR) “very quickly” as there are no longer any major obstacles and things are moving positively, a senior US official has said.

“We do expect that India will join MTCR very quickly. I think things are moving positively,” a senior Obama administration official told PTI when asked about the possibility of India joining the 34-member group.

“There are no longer any major obstacles that we are aware of,” the official said on Monday.

US President Barack Obama has strongly backed India’s membership into the MTCR and three other export control regime – Australia Group, Nuclear Suppliers Group and the Wassenaar Arrangement.
The move will boost India’s efforts to purchase Predator drones from the US and export its high-tech missiles to friendly nations.

However, on India becoming a member of Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) where China is openly opposing it, the Obama administration is keeping its fingers crossed for the moment.

“On NSG, there is a process that is still ongoing. I do not think the NSG plenary is not meeting until later in this month. Let’s see how it goes but the US is absolutely, categorically, unreservedly committed to India’s membership in the NSG.

“The US and India and other friendly countries are working actively together to see that India get there,” the official, who requested anonymity, added.

Established in April 1987, the voluntary MTCR aims to limit the spread of ballistic missiles and other unmanned delivery systems that could be used for chemical, biological, and nuclear attacks.
The MTCR regime urges its 34 members, which include most of the world’s key missile manufacturers, to restrict their exports of missiles and related technologies capable of carrying a 500-kilogramme payload at least 300 kilometres or delivering any type of weapon of mass destruction.

Since 2008, India has been one of the five countries that are Unilateral Adherents to MTCR.

After MTCR’s announcement, India and the US are expected to fast-track their discussion on sale of predator series of unmanned aircraft for the Indian military
http://indianexpress.com/article/in...technology-key-group-very-quickly-us-2839035/

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Yeah... Indian army, air force and navy want drones by General atomics from a long time. Once we become a member of MTCR, a govt-to-govt deal may happen in case of urgent requirements.

range is once again Chu**ya concept. It varies with height. Brahmos range varies from 120 KM to 600 KM depending upon the traveling height.

Defcon 1

Country flag
IMO we are not prepared to sign most of these major treaties.
What is stopping us from signing CTBT? We haven't conducted any nuclear test since 1998 and it looks like we don't mean to. North Korea is the only country which has conducted in a nuclear test in 21st century. So signing this treaty is not going anything anyways.

I have been googling to find the answer to this question as why we aren't signing CTBT? Its illogical to keep ourselves isolated from global nuclear order

PS: On topic, HCOC was adopted to make our case stronger for entry into NSG in my opinion. Hence it is a very good step. Also we have NFC anyways. HCOC won't change a lot. Its just one of those things you say you believe so that everyone will like you.

brational

Country flag
Boss. Rather than putting a general question, Why don't you write down what benefits Our Nation will after becoming a signatory of CTBT?

What is stopping us from signing CTBT? We haven't conducted any nuclear test since 1998 and it looks like we don't mean to. North Korea is the only country which has conducted in a nuclear test in 21st century. So signing this treaty is not going anything anyways.

I have been googling to find the answer to this question as why we aren't signing CTBT? Its illogical to keep ourselves isolated from global nuclear order

PS: On topic, HCOC was adopted to make our case stronger for entry into NSG in my opinion. Hence it is a very good step. Also we have NFC anyways. HCOC won't change a lot. Its just one of those things you say you believe so that everyone will like you.

brational

Country flag
Boss. Rather than putting a general question, Why don't you write down what benefits Our Nation will after becoming a signatory of CTBT?

Defcon 1

Country flag
Basically, it will become easier for the nation to gain entry into NSG. The diplomat is already attacking India's claim to gain entry into NSG because of this.

http://thediplomat.com/2016/06/4-questions-on-indias-nuclear-suppliers-group-bid/

Also several other nations might object to India's NSG membership due to this:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ers-group-membership/articleshow/52620186.cms

Also, during Indo US Nuclear Deal, India had to obtain an NSG waiver since it was not a signatory to NPT and CTBT. This waiver was fiercely opposed some members of NSG (Austria, New Zealand, etc)

Indo-US Nuclear Deal: Seeking Synergy in Bilateralism (go to page 98)

India will not face negative impact due to signing CTBT. As mentioned in this paper, the reason for not signing CTBT by India is domestic rather than international. (Some Indians might not be very confident about the success of our earlier tests and also restrictions from future nuclear tests will result in political opposition, as happened during 2008.)
http://www.nids.go.jp/english/event/symposium/pdf/2009/e_06.pdf

I believe Indian government shouldn't worry about domestic opposition and go forward and sign the CTBT. This will give another point to differentiate from Pakistan, with whom China is trying to compare India, wrt adhering to global non-proliferation treaties.

Country flag

What is stopping us from testing is we want to honor the us nuclear deal so we can get into other organizations like NSG etc...
Why we are not prepared is we have not done enough tests for our arsenal imo . This may also not be needed if our supercomputer simulations have advanced?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Defcon 1

Country flag
What is stopping us from testing is we want to honor the us nuclear deal so we can get into other organizations like NSG etc...
Exactly. So since we are not going to test anyways, why not sign CTBT along side?

Why we are not prepared is we have not done enough tests for our arsenal imo . This may also not be needed if our supercomputer simulations have advanced?
Even if we haven't done enough tests, chances of our doing any further tests are low because of nuclear deal with US, Australia, others and because a nuclear test anyways carries a huge diplomatic penalty, CTBT or not. So why not sign CTBT to please the world?

Country flag
Imo you will not see any tests for a long time. What is their to gain from signing?

Defcon 1

Country flag
Imo you will not see any tests for a long time. What is their to gain from signing?

The immediate gain will be:
1. We won't have to spend substantial diplomatic capital to become member of nuclear regimes such as NSG and to negotiate bilateral nuclear deals like with Canada.
2. We will automatically be seen as confirming to nuclear non profileration. On this forum, we might claim that we we are way different than pakistan when its comes to nuclear proliferation record, but what the rest of the world sees is, there are 3 declared nuclear power states which haven't signed NPT and CTBT: India, Pakistan and NK. Those are the nations we are grouped with. Signing CTBT will remove us from this group partially without impacting us negatively. Also, It would give another excuse to western governments to convince their citizens that India is their ally. (I am a NATO supporter and believe that we should improve our relations with west)

biswas_k11

Face to Face
Country flag
WASHINGTON: The Nuclear Power Corporation of India and US firm Westinghouse have agreed to begin engineering and site design work immediately for six nuclear power plant reactors in India and conclude contractual arrangements by June 2017, the White House said today.
Culminating a decade of partnership on civil nuclear issues, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and US President Barack Obama during their White House meeting "welcomed" the start of preparatory work on site in India for six AP1000 reactors to be built by Westinghouse, officials in Washington said.

biswas_k11

Face to Face
Country flag
"The key priority is how to promote economic prosperity and alleviate poverty, promote greater opportunities for both countries," India and the US have been cooperating on global issues such as nuclear security, global warming and terrorism.

CLIMATE The climate is defined as’ the general or average weather conditions of a certain region, including temperature, rainfall, and wind’. The earth’s climate is most affected by latitude, the tilt of the Earth's axis, the movements of the Earth's wind belts, and the difference in temperatures of land and sea, and topography. Human activity, especially relating to actions relating to the depletion of the ozone layer, is also an important factor. The climate system is a complex, interactive system consisting of the atmosphere, land surface, snow and ice, oceans and other bodies of water, and living things.

GREEN HOUSE EFFECT Green House effect is the phenomenon whereby the earth's atmosphere traps solar radiation, and is mediated by the presence in the atmosphere of gases such as carbon dioxide, water vapor, and methane that allow incoming sunlight to pass through, but absorb the heat radiated back from the earth's surface. Thus the Green house gases (GHGs) provide a blanketing effect in the lower strata of the earth’s atmosphere, and this blanketing effect is being enhanced because of the human activities like burning of fossil fuels etc.

GLOBAL WARMING ‘Global warming is defined as an increase in the average temperature of the Earth's atmosphere, especially a sustained increase great enough to cause changes in the global climate’. The term global warming is synonymous with Enhanced green house effect, implying an increase in the amount of green house gases in the earth’s atmosphere, leading to entrapment of more and more solar radiations, and thus increasing the overall temperature of the earth.

EFFECT OF GREEN COMMUNICATIONS
Mobile Devices: We consider three categories of devices accessing the network: regular mobile phones, smartphones, and laptops. Modelling of the footprint of regular mobile phones is based on ―cradle to gate‖ LCA studies of mobile phone manufacturing including the transport to the customers resulting in an average of 18 kg CO2e/device. The operation is estimated to 2 kWh/year based on charging every 60th hour equal to 40 percent of battery capacity every day and a standby scenario of 50 percent of the remaining time.
It must be noted that modern mobile phone chargers have low stand-by power consumption in the order of 0.1 W. According to recent trends, it is reasonable to assume that both the manufacturing and operation emissions remain constant; that is, technological improvements on the component level are used for provision of phones with better performance and more functions.
Radio Access Networks: Concrete figures of the carbon footprint of site manufacturing and construction for the radio access network (RAN) are based on a complete LCA of network equipment. Figures on emissions and energy consumption due to RAN site operation, operator activities, data centre operation, and data transport are based on a broad operator investigation covering networks that service about 40 percent of global subscriptions.
Surveying existing network equipment reveals that annual electricity consumption of new base station sites decreases about 8 percent on average compared to equipment installed the year before due to technological advances.
This average figure is an overall estimate inclusive of all developments in power amplifiers, digital remote and small outdoor RBSs as well as the growing share of 3G base stations. In this regard, the base station model must be seen as an average of the mix of installed product. For predictions until 2020, we assume that the 8 percent/year trend continues over the study period and refer to it as continuous improvements. Under these assumptions and taking into account installation of new and removal of old equipment each year, the global average of base station site power amounts to about 1.7 kW in 2007 and reduces to about 1.2 kW in 2020. The study further assumes a roll-out model assuming between 600,000 and 675,000 sites newly deployed, and up to 300,000 sites taken out of service each year

ENERGY CONSUMPTION PROBLEMS in wireless works and describes network energy saving techniques proposed for the LTE system. It is identified that the common energy consumption problem in an RBS of a wireless access system is the energy scaling traffic load problem. This problem can be tackled by solutions from the time, frequency, and spatial domains. As most solutions only focus on a single RBS, we believe the most promising solutions are those that apply hybrid techniques cross multiple systems/networks. The energy saving problem cross multiple systems/networks is less understood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles