India is not competing with China in space programme: Kasturirangan

bose

Country flag
Re: India is not competing with China in space programme: Kasturiranga

Indians can't make decent smartphones yet they claim to make the best satellites?

Only fools believe such nonsense。

And there are many fools where you know。
you are one of them...

bose

Country flag

Chinese BUTT hurt because they think that they only can make satellites... now they have a competitor as India... so very obvious...

ISRO Chairman's statement has hit a raw nerve... FU$$ OFF CHINESE..

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag

you mean settallites like Chandrayaan-1 are the best in the world????

something finally went overheated and missing???

best in the world or as good as american????

which world do you actually live in???
any credible links to show other than indians...... who says a missing failed probe is best in the world??
You're just butt hurt that a Indian mission was first to confirm water on the moon, Sir. The Chandrayaan-1 completed 95% of the task, do Chinese call it a failed mission ?
Also "we have got best satellites in the world" doesn't mean only we have those and other's don't, Sir. He could have just meant Indian Satellites are technologically equal to the world's best.
Big mouthed Indians,Sir. Excuse us, Sir.

bose

Country flag

You're just butt hurt that a Indian mission was first to confirm water on the moon, Sir. The Chandrayaan-1 completed 95% of the task, do Chinese call it a failed mission ?
Also "we have got best satellites in the world" doesn't mean only we have those and other's don't, Sir. He could have just meant Indian Satellites are technologically equal to the world's best.
Big mouthed Indians,Sir. Excuse us, Sir.
It is useless to reason with a Chinese... those people with low IQ... These Chinese do not like any competitor and are a sore loser and start cribbing when some one else achieve something good...

Chinese have no originality they know only to steal & copy from others and call those as theirs...

ISRO Chairman's statement has hit a raw nerve and hence you see the Chinese trolling here out of jealousy...

p2prada

India is not able to make the best satellite, that is a fact. Indians are lying when they claimed to have the best, that is why they keep dodging questions with regard to what exact satellite they are refering to.

The sad thing about India is not just Indians lie about their abilities, but they also defend the one who is lying as being well demonstrated in this case.

HUAXIA, no matter how much you like to reason with them, no Indian is gonna come forward and sincerely say India cant make the best satellite.
Have you seen the images released by ISRO to the general public and to companies?

While we don't know anything about our current levels of military satellites, ISRO openly says our civilian technology is the best, because it is the best.

We provide near military resolutions to civilians for remote sensing, with 3D color pictures to boot.

Our best images come with a resolution of 80cm, which is by far the best in the industry today. Of course military satellites have higher resolution, but we aren't talking about those, are we?

ice berg

Have you seen the images released by ISRO to the general public and to companies?

While we don't know anything about our current levels of military satellites, ISRO openly says our civilian technology is the best, because it is the best.

We provide near military resolutions to civilians for remote sensing, with 3D color pictures to boot.

Our best images come with a resolution of 80cm, which is by far the best in the industry today. Of course military satellites have higher resolution, but we aren't talking about those, are we?
Define "best". From your post it seems you mean high resolution = best.

Novice

Maybe you should follow your own advice. :thumb:

You really didn't understand the irony, Did you my ching blothel?

ice berg

You really didn't understand the irony, Did you my ching blothel?
The only irony here is your parents dont put a leash on you. I suggest you learn some basic manners and language skills before participate in a discussion. For the record, the name of this thread is indian spaceprogram.

You decide if you want to stick to the topic or throwing a tantrum.

Novice

The only irony here is your parents dont put a leash on you. I suggest you learn some basic manners and language skills before participate in a discussion. For the record, the name of this thread is indian spaceprogram.

Peace out bro. My apologies if I offended you. Should have understood this is the only place you have freedom of speech. Please continue. Our folks already got you by the balls. :namaste:

Country flag

but your ISRO chief said india got the best satellites in the world.....what did he mean???
Maybe he was talking about the SAR lenses which were developed with USA and Israel
Or Cartosat which does 3d mapping?

p2prada

Define "best". From your post it seems you mean high resolution = best.
At a point, we had the largest and today one of the largest civilian constellations for remote sensing.

For remote sensing, you need high resolution. This is where we top the charts. There are various other parameters, like SAR (we use a combination of Israeli and our own), weather mapping (Indo-French JV) etc where we are not the best. But most of the civilian market is dominated by the need for remote sensing which requires high resolution photography.

Anyway, you can check the image from Bhuvan which is the Indian equivalent of Google Earth and compare it to Google Earth for the image quality. Just that the modes are different for each, where Bhuvan is primarily centered around vegetation in this case.

Bhuvan | NRSC Open EO Data Archive | NOEDA | Ortho | Elevation | AWiFS | LISSIII | Free GIS Data | Download

http://bhuvan.nrsc.gov.in/bhuvan_links.php

Resolution does go further down, but I don't think it is available to all like Google Earth. For this particular image, resolution goes down to 24 m if you can contact ISRO for it.

Tolaha

i dont know which statement said by chinese was 'ok'...........if chinese scientists lie (which i am sure sometimes will happen) people who know things will denounce but not gang up with them......

but in the specific rocket tech field what offical voice is usually like is 'we got some major breakthrough in the xxx field so that we are closing the gap between us and some leading world players (normally refers to US russia EU)' etc etc.......

you can say that sounds weird but that also is true........
Can you please tell all the words that are needed to be included in the statement? We can pass it on to all scientists in India saying Huaxia Rox want you to make statements just like that!

Indians can't make decent smartphones yet they claim to make the best satellites?

Only fools believe such nonsense。

And there are many fools where you know。
You are wrong there @cir. The criteria to make best satellites is not the ability to make decent smartphones. But it's ceramic ware. China scores again! :tsk:

you mean settallites like Chandrayaan-1 are the best in the world????

something finally went overheated and missing???

best in the world or as good as american????

which world do you actually live in???
any credible links to show other than indians...... who says a missing failed probe is best in the world??
Strange! A failed Indian mission achieved something on a scale not achieved by dozens of successful Chinese space missions! :shocked: Maybe we shouldn't go for "ok ok" satellites!

Ironic.

Last edited by a moderator:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

dont dodge my question.....chinese space scientists never said we got the best settallites in the world.......if who says that we call him a shamless liar.....i only y wanna know.....do you have the answer???
so you call him a liar ? - you only want to know - then find out - - do your own research

The sad thing about India is not just Indians lie about their abilities, but they also defend the one who is lying as being well demonstrated in this case.
we dont need you to be sad - we do need you to post less - please

The utter intransigence and deliberate insistence to irritate and needle us by the chicoms as is evident in the pages above seems to have few limits

The very title of the thread expresses the fact that India in not interested in what dragon is doing in space and is not comparing - - - should have been ample hint - apparently it is not quite sufficient for some

Not very different from what I have repeatedly advised this forum - we should employ a quota for members from "certain country" - even Malaysia openly does that - having determined that it is for the national good

we are not comparing with ccp or prc and we couldn't care less - we already have sufficient level of collaboration with Russia , the USA , france , and other very advanced and friendly nations who are keen to deal with us and we with them - so we do have the best - be it satellites or indeed other matters - and as such we are not interested in opinions from certain quarters

Last edited:

KevWang

Newbie here.:wave:

Well, I am not trying to be offensive in a pro-Indian forum. But China is still ahead of Indian in major fields of space technology. I really understand the love of their country of many Indian freinds here, but I simply want to list some truth.
Comparison of Asian national space programs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This link shows some major space achievements of Asian countries.:thumb:

First we talk about Lunar Exploration.India has been great in confirming the presence of water on the moon. While China is the first country to use microwave detector to picture the full moon,.This will help astronomers to determine the detailed heat flow and, thus, the inner energy of the Moon. See this NASA link: The First Microwave Image of the Complete Moon | NASA Lunar Science Institute
China has since sent two lunar probes, one achieved 120-meter/pixel rsolution and the other achieved 7-meter/pixel resolution of the FULL moon. This latter made the clearest FULL moon map in the world.Link here High-resolution lunar photo map presented | China Daily Asia Pacific
China also achieved 1.3-meter resolution of Sinus Iridium, where Chang'e 3 is going to make a soft landing on the moon this year.
So I believe that China ties with India here.

Then we talk about deep space exploration. India hasn't done this type of exploration yet, bit is trying to explore Mars with Mangalyaan this year. :thumb: China's second Lunar Probe Chang'E 2 visited the Sun-Earth Langrangian L2 point and made a flyby of Asteroid 4179 Toutatis after the main mission, making China the third nation to explore L2 point and the fourth to directly explore an asteroid. See here Chang'e 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and here 4179 Toutatis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
So China is currently ahead in this field

As for human spaceflight, China is no doubt ahead after sending taikonauts into space, conducting EVAs, launching space stations and conducting manned space rendezvous.:rofl:

India has a very awesome remote sensing constellation, while China also has one (for military purpose). See this link Yaogan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Since the Chinese Space Agency never released any images, the resolution of the images is never known.:rolleyes:

China now has a navigation system made up of 14 satellites called the COMPASS navigation system which is in operation throughout the Asian-Pacific region (Now in use in Pakistan and China)See this link http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compass_navigation_system
But India is still planning its own navigation system. So China also leads in navigation systems.:thumb:

I believe that India is ahead of China in radar imaging. :thumb: Anybody here can confirm this? Thank you.:wave:

nimo_cn

Country flag

I haven't, but one doesn't have to see those pages to understand the fact that India can't make the best satellite. There are plenty of countries that can make better satellites than India, such as America, Japan, France, etc.

Please don't narrow the subject from satellites to civilian satellites, and after that to remote sensing satellites which I know Indians are good at. Dr. Kasturirangan's original words are "we have got best satellites in the world.", he certainly wasn't just refering to civilian satellites.

And another thing I want to point out is, there isn't so many technological differences between civilian satellites and military satellites, what distinguishes them is the purpose of their missions. So, there is no such thing that one can make the best civilian satellites while can't make the best military satellites.

There are some kinds of satellites India specialize in, mostly in remote sensing satellites, which has been confirmed by Chinese scientists. But even in that area, India doesn't get the best sateliites, what makes Indians' work remarkable is their efficiency in managing the largest RSS constellation. In general, India's satellite industry is at a low level compared to the best.

Many people here certainly don't agree with me, then fine. Tell us what best satellites India has, list the models and their specifics.

It is intertesting that beautiful lady @roma ask us to prove India has the best statellites, does that mean as long as Indians open their big mouths and claim they have the best, then that is a fact?

p2prada

Please don't narrow the subject from satellites to civilian satellites, and after that to remote sensing satellites which I know Indians are good at. Dr. Kasturirangan's original words are "we have got best satellites in the world.", he certainly wasn't just refering to civilian satellites.
ISRO has always claimed to be a "civilian only" space agency in the media. Yeah, there have been some satellite launches for the military, but never has the space agency claimed that it is meant for military purposes. So the claim is obviously for civilian technology.

Only the extent of civilian tech capability is known in the market. Hence we can only talk and compare civilian tech.

And another thing I want to point out is, there isn't so many technological differences between civilian satellites and military satellites, what distinguishes them is the purpose of their missions. So, there is no such thing that one can make the best civilian satellites while can't make the best military satellites.
They are differences depending on the resolution of the image. The best images are from military satellites because of the payload carried.

There are some kinds of satellites India specialize in, mostly in remote sensing satellites, which has been confirmed by Chinese scientists. But even in that area, India doesn't get the best sateliites, what makes Indians' work remarkable is their efficiency in managing the largest RSS constellation. In general, India's satellite industry is at a low level compared to the best.
I think in the US, the maximum allowed civilian imagery is 50cm. I am not sure. I don't have the latest data now but I am aware of two projects, one Indian and one American for comparison. While the US govt restricts images beyond 50cm, India doesn't. Geoeye2 is expected to be launched in 2013 with an imagery resolution of 34 cm, and will be the highest recorded to date. In 2014 India will launch CARTOSAT 3 with a resolution of 25 cm.

Apart from that there are many agencies which provide data that goes in many metres.

Some sub-metre satellites available.

High Resolution Imagery | eMap International

Geoeye1
High Resolution Imagery | eMap International

I suppose this is the one of the few that should match our satellite

So it seems to be a game of push me pull you, one day I have the best, the other day you have the best and so on.

Beyond that we have the most competitive pricing in the segment, which simply beats all other competitors by many times. Perhaps our biggest advantage there.

Many people here certainly don't agree with me, then fine. Tell us what best satellites India has, list the models and their specifics.
CARTOSAT 2/2A/2B, OCEANSAT 2, RESOURCESAT 2.

You can google for information regarding these satellites.

Last edited:

aerokan

Country flag

I haven't, but one doesn't have to see those pages to understand the fact that India can't make the best satellite. There are plenty of countries that can make better satellites than India, such as America, Japan, France, etc.

It is intertesting that beautiful lady @roma ask us to prove India has the best statellites, does that mean as long as Indians open their big mouths and claim they have the best, then that is a fact?
Just to be sure about the bold part.. Is Ferrari or other high end car makers have the highest market share of the best everyday use efficiency cars? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

PS: Please give me a break from correcting you again and again.. I have a life to live :sad:

p2prada

China now has a navigation system made up of 14 satellites called the COMPASS navigation system which is in operation throughout the Asian-Pacific region (Now in use in Pakistan and China)See this link http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compass_navigation_system
But India is still planning its own navigation system. So China also leads in navigation systems.:thumb:
We have two systems. We use military signals of GLONASS and building a regional system to complement it, called IRNSS. GLONASS has become a JV today.

I believe that India is ahead of China in radar imaging. :thumb: Anybody here can confirm this? Thank you.:wave:
India has two satellites, RISAT-1 and RISAT-2, both provide resolutions of 1 m at best.

shiphone

Country flag

1. GLONASS is actually a pure Russian Project...and the so called IRNSS Project, we'd better talk about it when the first satellite of this system lunched , and we could say this won't happen in this year...
2. RISAT2 is an Israel made satellite...

and friends, we'd better end this simple compare with the thread title "India is not competing with China in space programme: Kasturirangan ".

the current situation of both counties in the international space tech development might be able to be reflected by this Screen shot of some more professional forum about space tech--NASAforum...

-------------------
and I think China is much more active than other developing countries in the space tech development .so more harder work needed

Last edited:

Tolaha

Newbie here.:wave:
Thank you.:wave:
Seriously, that was a awesome first post dude. Why dont you introduce yourself in the "Introduction and Greetings" thread? I really cant believe you are from the same place as Huaxia rox and nimo_cn! :jaw:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles