India is an amazing country with unlimited potential: Mark Zuckerberg

Kshatriya87

Country flag
India is an amazing country with unlimited potential: Mark Zuckerberg

Zee Media Bureau/Reema Sharma

New Delhi: Social networking site Facebook's CEO and founder Mark Zuckerberg on Thursday said that he is very excited to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi tomorrow because the latter is socially very well connected.

Zuckerberg said that he is also looking forward to discuss how Facebook can connect villages and help the government in its digitisation scheme.

The billionaire CEO, addressing the first Internet.org summit, congratulated India for its successful Mars mission. He said that India has shown its technical skill through Mangalyaan.

He said, "India has always made leaps in revolutions that changed the world. Mangalyaan was a huge achievement for India."

Zuckerberg reiterated that India's next generation has the ability to define the future. The new generation has the potential to "bring India to world and bring world to India" he said.

"India is an amazing country with unlimited potential," he added.

"Two-third of world population does not have access to internet. We need to change this to make internet more affordable so that everyone can have an access to it," Zuckerberg said.

He further said that connectivity is a human right. He said that he wants to help build an internet which is affordable for everyone.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Re: India is an amazing country with unlimited potential: Mark Zuckerb

How the hell did he get an appointment with Mr. Modi Ji ??

Srinivas_K

Country flag

India needs its own FB and Twitter !!!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Seleucus served as an infantry general under Alexander the Great

Alexander on having entered India after defeating Porus had commented,'ki bichitra ai desh, (What an amazing country this is, Seleucus).

Ahsan Bin Tufail

India is an amazing country and that's a fact. The whole World is recognizing the importance of India. A land of more than a billion people, astonishing minds, beautiful landscape, finest election system, diverse cultures and the list go on and on. Best of luck for your future.

Ashutosh Lokhande

India is an amazing country and that's a fact. The whole World is recognizing the importance of India. A land of more than a billion people, astonishing minds, beautiful landscape, finest election system, diverse cultures and the list go on and on. Best of luck for your future.
And you guyz want to do gazwa hind on such amazing country :sad:

ani82v

Country flag

A praise of India coming from a white guy is bound to make Indian jumping with joy.

So many years and generation will get spent only to get back our own self respect and self identity.
:sad:

One positive change I sense is this jubilation on western approval seems a bit less as compared to what used to be in the past.[HR][/HR]

Ahsan Bin Tufail

And you guyz want to do gazwa hind on such amazing country :sad:
Good to see your new profile picture, dear. Personally speaking, I don't want more violence and bloodshed. Those are the future time events predicted by last messenger of our religion. And they are many not just one. Anyways, I have made a promise to not open my religious views on this forum. I think you guys are capable enough to watch your national interest carefully.

thethinker

Country flag

India is Facebook's 2nd largest market. Zuckerberg's praises for India are not purely because of appreciation but because of commercial interests.

Secondly, as useful as connecting villages is, make no mistake that Facebook or any other corporation will definitely commercialize it even under the garb of "connectivity as human right".

Nothing comes free especially when dealing with US corporations.

Ashutosh Lokhande

Good to see your new profile picture, dear. Personally speaking, I don't want more violence and bloodshed. Those are the future time events predicted by last messenger of our religion. And they are many not just one. Anyways, I have made a promise to not open my religious views on this forum. I think you guys are capable enough to watch your national interest carefully.
RSS's future akhand bharat predictation seem to be more real than your gazwa hind thingy :lol:

ps: glad you like my profile picture. am big fan of al pacino :D

Zebra

Country flag

Zuckerberg wants to work with India on education and healthcare | The Indian Express

Express News Service | New Delhi | Posted: October 11, 2014 1:53 am

Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg, on his maiden trip to India, met Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday to discuss digital expansion in the country, and proposed that the world's largest social networking site wants to work with the government for ensuring better education and healthcare facilities.

Zuckerberg — usually seen in jeans, t-shirt and sneakers — chose to wear a dark-coloured suit and a tie for his meeting with Modi. The Facebook CEO and Modi, who has a huge following on Twitter, discussed a wide range of issues revolving around the innovative use of Facebook to serve the people.

The Prime Minister also informed Zuckerberg about the Swachh Bharat Mission. It may be recalled that Modi shared his "'Why Clean India" (before) and "My Clean India" (after) photographs along with a video on Facebook on October 3. Zuckerberg, one of the world's youngest billionaires, said Facebook would help in the creation of a mobile app for Clean India and that it would be launched soon.

They also talked about Modi's Digital India mission, with Zuckerberg telling Modi that he was excited about the initiative. The PM asked Zuckerberg to identify domains of Digital India where Facebook could get involved.

The PM drew Zuckerberg's attention towards terror elements using social media for recruitment. "This is unfortunate and we need to think of the role social media can play to stop terror," the PM said.

Zebra

Country flag

When Facebook 'janamdata' played teacher at Alwar's 'cyber village' - The Times of India

Shoeb Khan & Rajendra Sharma,TNN | Oct 11, 2014, 01.57 AM IST

ALWAR: It was a class with a difference. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg played the teacher while 20 children from the Chandoli village in Alwar district were the lucky students inside a dilapidated school building.

Zuckerberg asked questions on computer uses and demonstrated sending e-mails, surfing websites and operating social networking sites to kids of the country's first 'cyber village', christened by the former UPA government for helping minorities connect with IT revolution.

This visit was kept a secret. Students, villagers and a few officials were informed last evening that 'Facebook ke janamdata' (creator of Facebook) would visit the village on Friday. Preparations began in the morning when the district minority welfare officer gathered students in a computer lab and trained them to wish the team "good afternoon" on their arrival that lasted for half an hour.

Villagers were informed to line up upon the the arrival of visitors and to wave their hands. During the briefing, Mark's name was revealed to students and villagers. Many students were repeatedly making mistake in pronouncing the last name 'Zuckerberg' till a teacher broke it up which clicked well with the students who then memorized it for the welcome note.

The long wait ended soon as the cavalcade of eight to 10 SUVs arrived braving the potholled road covering 17 kms from the helipad at Alwar. The Facebook team had minimal security and Zuckerberg introduced himself on his arrival.

Khalid Khan, a student of Class X who created his Facebook account in January this year, is still to believe that he shook hands with the creator of Facebook. "He was very humble. He asked simple questions and repeated many times so that we can comprehend without the help of a translator," said Khan, who is posting his picture with Mark on his homepage.

Another student, Shamem Bano, ran for her new 'hijab' (headgear), that she got this Eid, after she was told that the FB team will record her interview. "They asked me to switch on the computer and asked me the name of the peripherals. I thanked them for making my video," said Bano who has decided to open her Facebook account.

Zuckerberg made a very simple appearance in a grey T-shirt and trouser, making it difficult for the villagers and students to identify him as the chief guest. The only disappointment for the villagers came when FB team took just one cashew nut each out of the platter full of namkeen, fruits and tea prepared with goat milk.

Haji Israel Khan, sarpanch of village, made an appeal for furnishing the school building with help from a translator which was noted down by the FB team.

Locals presented a short cultural programme and played 'bhapang' instrument for him. His visit was intended to oversee progress made to develop Chandoli as country's first 'cyber village'.

Chandoli has a population of Meo Muslims who are getting training to use internet to connect with government schemes and use cyber technology for social and economic uplift.

Sylex21

India needs its own FB and Twitter !!!
Why? It would most likely not be as good as the original and would take decades to build up to the level of FB and Twitter. It would provide little extra benefits to India and enter competing in a very competitive market. It would cause competition with powerful American companies where none is needed, and cost India the benefits from those companies like Facebook's project to try and get the vast majority of Indians on the internet. Keep in mind also that Indians are the largest English speaking population in the world and FB and Twitter are very popular and powerful tools of social media. This gives Indians massive soft power and political influence on America and the western world.

By creating our own version, we would lose all of these benefits, gain few jobs, and likely produce an inferior and far less popular product that would take decades to catch up.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles