India has 3rd-highest number of HIV-infected people in the world

praneet.bajpaie

@Neo, there are many HIV cases in Pakistan as well, whereas there are no Polio Cases in India while there are 94 and counting cases of Polio in Pakistan so far in 2014. Please explain.

Last edited by a moderator:

praneet.bajpaie

@Neo, Number of Indian Medical Visas given to Pakis run in thousands if not more, whereas Number of Paki medical visas given to Indians = zero, lol

SO we can assume that even with all the "HIV cases" propaganda you might come up with, India is still a much much better place than pure land, don't you think so??

Neo

A typical response I could expect from you but its not about d*ckmeasuring so don't waste your or my time.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
The reason I started this thread is because not a single day here on DFI goes without the socalled trolls brigade mocking and celebrating new polio cases in Pakistan.
Polio, a crippling but not deadly desease that has recorded 94 cases this year. It is mainly concentrated in traditionally orthodox and poorly developped area's of Pakistan. But every single case is discussed in a new dedicated thread with great passion, I believe 4-5 such threads are running already.
HIV however is a deadly and more dangerous desease with 2.1 million registered cases in India, worlds third largest concentration. Number of unregistered cases could be even higher since incubation time can.be extended to months and even then it might take a long time before it manifests itself to the bearer of the virus.
How hypocrite is that to mock a troubled nation with a handful polio cases when you are sitting on a time bomb yourself?
Objective thoughts would be highly appreciated.
Really this is addressed to my Indian counterparts
It's just a suggestion and a gentle note and you're welcome to respond to it :-

How about using dfi to build bridges with our Pakistani relatives instead of gunning them ?
That my not be one of the express aims of dfi but is it wrong to give it a try ?
we are the larger country and by far the larger population ...doesn't meant we give in militarily
but to be objective is actually building up a good habit which will earn this forum more respect ?

These funny statistics belong in the gutter heap. Why target India. What bout other countries including US and Europe. India's numbers appear large because India's population is 1.2 billion souls.
To compare apples with apples then take all of Europe including Russia, add to it all of North America, Latin America, Brazil and Mexico etc. and count the number of HIV infected people, i bet this number would be much higher than India.
Get my point.
If you do not inform the public properly then it becomes NGO created data to mislead the public.
Remember this for the future when funny statistics are published.
Having said that i actually agree with almost all of what Hari Sud wrote - statistics can be manipulated etc etc
India might not be #3 in HIV but still im sure we would all want to reduce whatever numbers there might be
Nevertheless Hari is correct in his post IMHO.

@roma , is that really you? (avatar), if yes then you dont remotely look indian.
Are you able to read the signature at the bottom of my posts ? ( because it is in very small print )
- it should be self -explanatory ?

Aare Bhaiyya ...Are you from the Village ? :toilet: :rofl::laugh:

Have you never watched Bollywood ?
What about Katrina kaif, . Preity Zinta ( and for that matter most of the Bollywood personalities ) -. do they look remotely Indian ?
I do not have any european blood - similar to Celina Jaitley both in DNA and life-style .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celina_Jaitly
:namaste:

Reactions: Neo

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
The so called "highest #" might be a fact but it doesn't hide that some western countries has more HIV/AIDS % cases as per their population and add that those are developed countries and not a 3rd world country like India.

I remember I posted those facts earlier.

ladder

Country flag
@roma, nice suggestion. If ever DFI is contracted for track II diplomacy. I would recommend your name.

praneet.bajpaie

A typical response I could expect from you but its not about d*ckmeasuring so don't waste your or my time.
I realize now that pakis are so delusional and stupid by reading your posts that no wonder pakiland is lying in a gutter with absolutely no future in sight. I now understand your pain in seeing your beloved nation careering and spiraling downwards that I wonder why most of the self respecting pakis on this earth don't commit suicide. Then I realize that you guys have it so bad ib your country as well as your diaspora outside of your country that I almost tempted to feel sorry for you.

Neo

I realize now that pakis are so delusional and stupid by reading your posts that no wonder pakiland is lying in a gutter with absolutely no future in sight. I now understand your pain in seeing your beloved nation careering and spiraling downwards that I wonder why most of the self respecting pakis on this earth don't commit suicide. Then I realize that you guys have it so bad ib your country as well as your diaspora outside of your country that I almost tempted to feel sorry for you.
Another typical reponse, not worth replying. :toilet:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The whole problem is the feudal mindset, where the landlord, Mullah or the Tribal Boss is the Mai Baap and the feeling that these people know best.

Unless feudalism is removed, there can be no progress in Pakistan.

More on the feudal mindset
By Kamal Siddiq

The feudal mindset in Pakistan is not restricted to the landowning community. People who own this mindset come from a wide variety of backgrounds. For them, they take it as their right to behave as they will and do what they want. If they are checked or challenged, it becomes a matter of their honour and they respond with force. Such minds have proliferated over the years in Pakistan.
Why do we stop at the murderers of Shahzeb Khan? Let us start with our elected officials.
Go to the parking lot at the parliament and most of the vehicles of our MPs break all the rules — they have tinted glasses, fancy number plates and, in many instances, are not even registered. A large portion are stolen vehicles. Question them at our own risk.
A journalist does a survey which shows that most parliamentarians don't file tax returns, let alone pay tax. Instead of remorse or shame, the parliament wants to know who leaked the information so that they can be punished.
On our roads, our high and mighty travel with guards that bully other motorists. The servants of the people don't stop at traffic lights, don't pay toll or parking fees and park where they want.
Both the elected and unelected party faithful are given all sorts of benefits. The government does not even have proper records of how many vehicles it has given and to whom. In fact, it is common now to see two cars with the same government number plate. Police guards are provided. Government employees serve as assistants, peons, cleaners, gardeners at homes of these people. No wonder staff is missing in most offices.
The pampering is at another level. Parliamentarians have special desks at airports. The VIP lounges are open to them. They don't pay for anything. They get special seats on planes. They have the best of everything.
It would be unfair to blame our elected representatives only. Look at our bureaucrats. When it comes to delivering, they are possibly worse. The Sindh police chief is not interested in pursuing the murderers of the son of an officer of his force. Only because the local thana has taken money and fixed the FIR. Corruption exists as never before.
The government at many levels works only to intimidate and threaten. Not to help and serve. Work in any government office, barring a few, is only done if bribes are paid. It is a wonder why every year, the budget religiously enhances the pay of federal government employees when they have done nothing to deserve this.
Any attempt to reform the way the government functions is thwarted by the bureaucracy. They don't want power devolved or their incomes reduced. One of the biggest mistakes of this government is that it over-relies on the bureaucracy.
One remembers the time of Nawaz Sharif, who did away with the permit raj and also cut through red tape. Such initiatives are now seen only in Punjab under Shahbaz Sharif.
The only check to a feudal mindset is the rule of law. But if our lawmakers are amongst our biggest lawbreakers then we have a problem. A gentleman officiating in the Senate supported the burying of women who were alive "because it is our tradition".
The feudal mindset thrives on the lack of accountability. No one should ask any questions. All the high and mighty get together and share the spoils while the people starve and suffer. But is there hope ahead of change? Very unlikely in the present scenario. The parties that started as best friends and fought in between are now coming back and banding together. Political expediency means keeping the status quo and not taking the guilty to task. In all this, the feudal mindset thrives.
Published in The Express Tribune, January 7th, 2013.
More on the feudal mindset – The Express Tribune

Ashutosh Lokhande

Are you able to read the signature at the bottom of my posts ? ( because it is in very small print )
- it should be self -explanatory ?

Aare Bhaiyya ...Are you from the Village ? :toilet: :rofl::laugh:

Have you never watched Bollywood ?
What about Katrina kaif, . Preity Zinta ( and for that matter most of the Bollywood personalities ) -. do they look remotely Indian ?
I do not have any european blood - similar to Celina Jaitley both in DNA and life-style .
Celina Jaitly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
:namaste:
oh i didnt saw the signature.

lol you say katrina kaif is indian? you kiddings? :p and most of the rest bollywood actress look very indian (punjabi).

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Katrina Kaif is actually Katrina Turquotte (her mother's surname after the parents divorced) and was born in Hong Kong.

She is an Anglo Indian would be the nearest definition to her status.

I know Celine Jaitley. Her father was an Indian Army Colonel and her mother IIRC was an Afghan or something like that.

Last edited:

Blackwater

Katrina Kaif is actually Katrina Turquotte (her mother's surname after the parents divorced) and was born in Hong Kong.

She is an Anglo Indian would be the nearest definition to her status.

I know Celine Jaitley. Her father was an Indian Army Colonel and her mother IIRC was an Afghan or something like that.
Persian sir Persian , celine mother was Persian

t_co

@roma, nice suggestion. If ever DFI is contracted for track II diplomacy. I would recommend your name.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

People like VK Singh are the ones who get to play in Track II, not DFI

ladder

Country flag
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

People like VK Singh are the ones who get to play in Track II, not DFI
If 'Vaidik' can go for a self-styled track-2, then anyone who is not--insane presents a better credential for the track-2 diplomacy. :sad:

But, read my reply in-context to know the reason why I wrote this. Although, it might be a tough ask considering you.

sorcerer

Country flag
New Bill and Amendment in India Address the HIV/AIDS Epidemic

The hope is that they set the foundation for weeding out the prevalence of these conditions entirely.

Introduced in the final days of India’s prior United Progressive Alliance (UPA) led government, the HIV/AIDS (Prevention and Control) Bill, 2014, was amended and cleared by the current cabinet on October 5 this year. The National AIDS Control Program in India is attempting to stem cases of new infections as part of its target of ending the epidemic by 2030.

Currently they estimate that about 2,170,000 people are living with HIV and 6.54 percent of them are children under the age of 15. In a meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the cabinet pushed for important ways of tackling the disproportionate access to healthcare that afflicted people face, as well as consistent discrimination in the personal, social, and economic realms.

The bill itself focuses on access to healthcare, tackling discrimination, putting in networks to safeguard rights, and maintaining privacy and informed consent standards.
The Amendment makes access to anti-retroviral treatment (ART) a legal right for those living with HIV. Obligatory ART provision at both the state and central level is mandated alongside the management of opportunistic infections that take advantage of immunodeficiency. It also prohibits acts of discrimination – by the state as well as by private individuals. This extends to employment, healthcare, education, public facilities, property rights, holding public office, and insurance.

Informed consent before tests, treatment, and research of patients’ conditions has been made mandatory per the amendment. Patient records are now required to adopt stringent data protection methods. Court proceeding of cases pertaining to people living with HIV have also been guaranteed privacy in different ways – suppressing identity and restraining the information published.

Furthermore, ombudsmen will be appointed to inquire into complaints on violations. Half-yearly reports by these ombudsmen, discussing the number and nature of these complaints as well as the action taken will be filed. Punitive treatment of discriminators includes jail terms of up to 2 years and possibly even significant fines. Guardianship rights have been reworked to bring into the fold older siblings above the age of 12 – allowing them guardianship over younger families living with HIV if they are competent. The standing committee has also issued instructions that afflicted people must have a non-discriminatory guarantee of insurance.

While this bill and amendment represent important steps in the war against the HIV/AIDS epidemic, there are still long strides to be made. Union Health Minister JP Nadda has asked for these stipulations to be implemented “as far as possible” and thus it remains to be seen how eagerly states will rise to this challenge. Meanwhile, testing is still not at 100 percent – with high-risk groups still having significant room for improved testing rates. For female sex workers, it is at 72 percent, for drug users it is at 71 percent, and for gay males at about 70 percent. Implications of this bill for at-risk members of the LGBTQI community can also only be properly analyzed once it is in place, given the multiplicity of stigmas they face in Indian society.

Above all, the bill and the amendment are key first steps in ending rampant discrimination against people living with HIV and AIDS in India today. But that is all they are. The hope is that they set the foundation for weeding out the prevalence of these conditions entirely.

http://thediplomat.com/2016/10/new-bill-and-amendment-in-india-address-the-hivaids-epidemic/

I am otm shank

we shouldn't worry about criticisms from outsiders. if even one indo person has hiv we should be upset then doubley strengthen our resolve to give them care in their distress while putting as much effort into a cure. being disparaged unfairly by jihadis and westerners using manipulated statistics should not upset us as much as much as even a single person in our community suffering

desicanuk

India has 3rd-highest number of HIV-infected people in the world.
Four out of ten people affected by the HIV in the Asia-Pacific region are Indians.
You need to brush up your Statistics 101.Congratulations!You have succeeded in exhibiting your utter
ignorance of what these numbers really mean.Behold the wretched desperate India hating NRP.Do you
not have anything better to do than waste our time.Any schoolboy knows that one has to look at relative
not absolute numbers to draw any meaningful conclusions.Allah have mercy on us.Why are there so many morons in Pakistan.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles