India gets reassurance over Predator sale to Pakistan

luckyy

no point indian govt objecting on arm sale to pakistan.........

till the war on terror keep going , US keep giving militry aid , pakistan keep buying these expensive US weapons ....US will surely give weapons to pakistan to adjust the aid money to keep this money coming back to them only...too many shoots by one stone..

once this war on terror ends , aid money to pakistan will stop , pakistan can't pay for such expensive weapons and has to buy chines that too on soft loans.....

arya

Country flag
well thing are not good for India

USA is not a trust able partner specially obama he has a soft corner toward Muslim nation and Pakistan if you saw his record he did many things against India but he has one quality he speak sweet for India

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
I dont quite get why the US cant figure out that if they sell Predators to Pakistan; then China get handed a copy of it in no time ??

The US needs to prevent this stuff from getting in Chinese hands.

neo29

Guys the scenario aint that bad. Its better Pakistan is a dummy to US rather than China. When it comes to US and China, currently US is pumping more money in Pak. Pak will ofcourse favor them but once a while will surely take China's help
In India's point of view Pakistan should be a slave to US than China.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
I dont quite get why the US cant figure out that if they sell Predators to Pakistan; then China get handed a copy of it in no time ??

Deliberate proliferation. They want Chinese access to Predator technology, so that its developers could develop something more advanced. Usually it's the developers that lobby for such sales.

No matter the safeguards, the technology will reach the Chinese. It's how the MIC works.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador

do we know the ins and outs of how politics gets played, certainly not. who knows americans have some sort of a under table deal where the chinese get access to this technology, and in return the chinese offer some sort of concessions on a few fronts that troubles the US.

conspiracy theory? sure it is because i am just as clueless but then dont forget just by being economically and militarily strong no one ever became a super power and held on to the status, its called politics and a balancing act, so what if you dole out a few concessions to your enemies if it helps you buy influence in return, its worth much more than that technology for which there will be a better replacement soon coming from the house of uncle sam.

uncle's smart, and damn smart at that, they play everyone against everyone, nothing new!

Last edited:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I don't think US will sell predators to Pakistan for may reasons. First, it is the a very high-end technology which it doesn't want to share with any and everyone especially with Pakistan when they are not even selling high-end Block 62 F-16s. Second, if they sell it to Pakistan, US will risk the chance of losing Indian military deals (MRCA, ABMs, Transport A/Cs etc) which are burgeoning every year and it would definitely don't want to lose such a big market. And finally, there is a chance that this technology might fall into the hands of China its future enemy and it will want that nothing of this sort happens.

JAISWAL

Wtf. is usa serious on war-on-terror. there deeds show opposit. as they fight taliban & also arm pak against us

Country flag
Deliberate proliferation. They want Chinese access to Predator technology, so that its developers could develop something more advanced. Usually it's the developers that lobby for such sales.

No matter the safeguards, the technology will reach the Chinese. It's how the MIC works.
This is very true Tarun USA also transferred Tomahawks and Blackhawk helicopter engines to China this way.

neo29

The US seriously does not have brains, by giving Pak military hardware it is risking itself to vulnerability. Isnt it logically the China and its intelligence services may have contacted Pak to peek a look into US hardware. Surely this has happened. Infact i feel the J-10 china made is copy of F-16.

China looks at US hardware for vulnerabilities and technology to use since its famous for copying. The more US pampers Pak, it is hurting itself.

Quickgun Murugan

I don't think US will sell predators to Pakistan for may reasons. First, it is the a very high-end technology which it doesn't want to share with any and everyone especially with Pakistan when they are not even selling high-end Block 62 F-16s. Second, if they sell it to Pakistan, US will risk the chance of losing Indian military deals (MRCA, ABMs, Transport A/Cs etc) which are burgeoning every year and it would definitely don't want to lose such a big market. And finally, there is a chance that this technology might fall into the hands of China its future enemy and it will want that nothing of this sort happens.
Correction. Sale of drones are already approved. It is just that its aid money isn't.

venkat

pakistan has modified Harpoon anti ship missiles for Land attack missions!!! its like a cat assuring a mouse "I will not eat you". Ofcourse India is no mouse either.But the truth is our adversary has sinister plans!!!

Atul

Founding Member
If the US shares the Drones with Pakistan, we might soon see a CUT-COPY-PASTE Version of it in the Chinese Forces as well.

That sounds amazing... soon the Americans will have one more reason to Fear China....:balle::balle:

p2prada

Giving them the drone is a scary prospect. We don't have a drone of equivalent capability and it's capability in CAS against Armour is scary.

ajay_ijn

Country flag
Giving them the drone is a scary prospect. We don't have a drone of equivalent capability and it's capability in CAS against Armour is scary.
Is Pak getting Predator or Reaper?

if its the former one, then it be vunerable to SAMs i believe. besides if they are not getting any hellfires, then how they are going to use it against Tanks.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
well thing are not good for India

USA is not a trust able partner specially obama he has a soft corner toward Muslim nation and Pakistan if you saw his record he did many things against India but he has one quality he speak sweet for India
You got to be kidding me! Obama has a soft corner for "Muslim Nation"? Are you a Rush Limbaugh fan?
Obama is doing what he thinks is best for his country. Arming Pakistan to the extent that they can fight the Taliban - not enough that they can fight India. Stop worrying that a few "Predator" drones can damage India. Have more respect for our own country. Actually if Indian leaders were doing as much as Obama does for his country, we would not be in need of US hand me downs to defend our country. LCA will be ready by now. AMCA will be on the way. MMRCA will not be needed. Indian politicians were fighting each other like dogs in public over the bones of ONE BOFORS deal and let the country's defence infrastructure slip so far that we now need to by so much shit from foreign sources.

Arming an unarmed Predator is not e mean task. Especially if the codes remain in US hands (most likely), then not even Chinese hacks can help Pakistan arm the Predators. Now imagine what happens to USAs military business prospects with India (which they hope to improve upon for their own sake), if their "giveaway" drones launch even one attack against India? Remember, USA likes, wants and needs business from Indian military. They would never jeopardize the actual business with India for a few freebies they throw to Pakistan.

Last edited:

p2prada

Is Pak getting Predator or Reaper?

if its the former one, then it be vunerable to SAMs i believe. besides if they are not getting any hellfires, then how they are going to use it against Tanks.
It's not difficult to buy Hellfire. Pak is pushing for predators. Reapers, not possible. But, they may not get either especially after all that Davis hoopla.

Engaging a UAV is not difficult, but detecting and tracking one is.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
This is what I call two-timing. No matter how hard Madam Maino and MMS try to get US jets in IAF, Naik will do his nut to oppose it after this news. The reassurance is a term that our loonies use to downplay their embarrassment at US hands. It will most likely be "Hey you know what? We gave you the 123 so now you shut up and let us do what we have to do".

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I see the yank fanboys who harp about getting into bed with them are absent from this thread.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I see the yank fanboys who harp about getting into bed with them are absent from this thread.
Ditto, mate. I am wondering the same thing about those members who are praising and dying to have F/A-18SH in IAF.. how come they are ready to neglect this news and are they willing to continue their praise?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles