India gets entry to MTCR

cannonfodder

Country flag
^^^ US military complex will make sure India gets all ready to use shiny stuff with $$$. Just don't expect TOT or any high end tech sharing. They are not going to give away Intellectual property easily.

Akask kumar

why CHINA or ISRAEL didnt join MTCR??

i am quoting from wiki..

The MTCR was created in order to curb the spread of unmanned delivery systems for nuclear weapons, specifically delivery systems that could carry a minimum payload of 500 kg for a minimum of 300 km.

how MTCR is good for BRAHMOS export . to vietnam or any other country

many are saying in this post MTCR is for facilitating the missile export.. i am very confused now..

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
why CHINA or ISRAEL didnt join MTCR??

i am quoting from wiki..

The MTCR was created in order to curb the spread of unmanned delivery systems for nuclear weapons, specifically delivery systems that could carry a minimum payload of 500 kg for a minimum of 300 km.

how MTCR is good for BRAHMOS export . to vietnam or any other country

many are saying in this post MTCR is for facilitating the missile export.. i am very confused now..
You Are right in both ways.

MTCR was created to control missiles being sold by countries not part of MTCR. This is a club which Which benefits only those part of the club.

India was outside and now inside.

Akask kumar

You Are right in both ways.

MTCR was created to control missiles being sold by countries not part of MTCR. This is a club which Which benefits only those part of the club.

India was outside and now inside.
i still have a doubt. how can india export brahmos missile to vietnam since its not in MTCR..good to see Russia is also in MTCR group if cunning america refuses to give advance missile/tech we have another door to try.

US gave its GLobal Hawk to Japan to surround china ,, so i think we will have predatorsif not global hawk is also good

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
i still have a doubt. how can india export brahmos missile to vietnam since its not in MTCR..good to see Russia is also in MTCR group if cunning america refuses to give advance missile/tech we have another door to try.

US gave its GLobal Hawk to Japan to surround china ,, so i think we will have predatorsif not global hawk is also good
Countries not part of MTCR cannot export missiles with more than 300 km range and 300 kg warhead .

With india part of the missile control regime Now Brahmos can be developed into a new variant BRAHMOS-ER (extended range beyond 300 km).

Issue of distrust with US for now is limited only to issues related to Pakistan.

I believe predator drones will definitely be in india's arsenal before 2021, if current strategic path is retained. If pakis do a Mumbai type attack in between, they might come even sooner thru emergency sale.

Akask kumar

Countries not part of MTCR cannot export missiles with more than 300 km range and 300 kg warhead .

With india part of the missile control regime Now Brahmos can be developed into a new variant BRAHMOS-ER (extended range beyond 300 km).

Issue of distrust with US for now is limited only to issues related to Pakistan.

I believe predator drones will definitely be in india's arsenal before 2021, if current strategic path is retained. If pakis do a Mumbai type attack in between, they might come even sooner thru emergency sale.
thanx .. got it.. now .. .............is there any doctrine for Missile manufacturing?? i can recall before attacking Iraq..america though UN seized its many missiles..citing missile dimension,engines etc exceeding the premissible limit..

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Will it affect Agni missile program?
Agni 6 (@10000km) was projected to be tested in 2017.
Hi Guys , Long time eh ? was busy
so we've made it to mtcr and we may have to wait a few years before we get into nsg ?
meanwhile the waivers to deal with nsg members will be heck of a useful

i think we should take it real easy on any further development of long range missiles as these ave a v negative effect on the mind from a psychological point of view

we already have a declared 5000 km capability which many know is actually more like 9000 km ( we had decided to play-down our range capability and it think that was a great idea and strategy )

........ as long as we limit the range of our missiles to cover any point in china i am confident the international community will support us in any altercation with china or peskystan regarding missile technology transfer and indeed other related issues

and the range of such weapons when ship mounted is sufficient to cover the area of the IOR from any point of view ...plus our range already achieved is also sufficient for the missile defence shield projects

so we should hopefully avoid increasing range which at this stage could be attracting unnecessary attention but rather go for hypersonic plus plus and accuracy

also after we get sufficient technology from the mtcr members we should seriously CONSIDER ( i said consider and not go full steam ahead but consider ) signing the NPT ....why , ? because our defence arrangements regarding nuclear tech is already pretty solid .....even though china can block us from official membership, we can still get the tech from bi-lateral agreements via the waivers

regarding nuclear tech we are solidly doing our own research which is the pride and fear of many nations , not excluding the usa , ,,,... they too regard our nuke research scientists with awe

what we therefore would prefer to do is to get ourselves to be more " socially acceptable " and thereby get invitation and entry to the various high tables and get the economy to challenge that of china's

the great need of the day is economic development rather that defence although of course i am in no way advocating being lax in any area

the stigma of our 1974 test is mostly removed but still not entirely ... and we need to do a bit more to fully assure the international community eg EU .... and i think we can afford to sign that dastardly NPT even if we do not have a declared megaton device which after all is now considered to be less usefully than a larger number of smaller devices ....so the need to test for megaton is no longer a necessity and we have reached a desirable plateau as regards nuke devices and need technology in other areas and that will come a lot more easily if we sign npt

it will also put TREMENDOUS pressure on pakistan and psychologically will be an EARTHQUAKE for them !!! :scared2:

bottom line :_ defence wise we are more or less on track ....the big need is the economy and the perception of india for investment purposes and if we play ball with the west by co-operating with them on the vital dangerous areas ( eg NPT ) it will change their perception of us

and peskystan in contrast will become the INTRANSIGENT ROGUE ..... it will be like the 1960's in reverse where pak was the darling ....now we will be it and they will be the double-dealing terrorist incubator .....now that would be nice for a change wouldn't it ? :bounce: :india:

well the opportunity is in our hands .......let's make the best of it !!

Best Regards, especially to all back-home Indian folks,

from ,
R
:basanti:

@PrashantAzazel

@angeldude13 @Abhijat @Ancient Indian @anupamsurey @aliyah @Alien @angeldude13 @Abhijat @Ancient Indian @anupamsurey @aliyah @Alien @Aravind Sanjeev @A chauhan @asingh10
@aditya g @asianobserve @Bahamut @BATTLE FIELD @bose @Bornubus @brational @blueblood @Blackwater @Blood+ @bhai-117 @Bangalorean @bengalraider @Bengal_Tiger @biswas_k11
@cobra commando @Chirag @Chris Jude @Chinmoy @Cadian @DingDong @dhananjay1 @ersakthivel @FRYCRY @Gessler @garg_bharat @guru-dutt @Hari Sud @hit&run @HeinzGud @indiandefencefan @I_PLAY_BAD @Indian Devil @Indibomber @Jangaruda @jackprince @Kshatriya87 @LETHALFORCE @laughingbuddha @mhk99
@MetsaMan @Mark Antony @manutdfan
@maomao @Navneet Kundu @Neil @Nicky G @OneGrimPilgrim @pmaitra @parijataka @PaliwalWarrior @Pulkit @Rowdy @Razor @Rashna @rock127 @R.parida @shade @sasum @smestarz
@Sakal Gharelu Ustad @Srinivas_K @sunnyv @sgarg @sabari @Sameet2 @saik @sorcerer @Superdefender @sydsnyper @Sridevi @SREEKAR @Screambowl @Sylex21 @Tactical Frog @TejasMK3 @The enlightened @tejas warrior @tharun @thethinker @tsunami @VIP @VaghaDeva @Vishwarupa @Vishal Guts @Yusuf @Yumdoot @Zebra

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Hi Guys , Long time eh ? was busy
so we've made it to mtcr and we may have to wait a few years before we get into nsg ?
meanwhile the waivers to deal with nsg members will be heck of a useful

i think we should take it real easy on any further development of long range missiles as these ave a v negative effect on the mind from a psychological point of view

we already have a declared 5000 km capability which many know is actually more like 9000 km ( we had decided to play-down our range capability and it think that was a great idea and strategy )

........ as long as we limit the range of our missiles to cover any point in china i am confident the international community will support us in any altercation with china or peskystan regarding missile technology transfer and indeed other related issues

and the range of such weapons when ship mounted is sufficient to cover the area of the IOR from any point of view ...plus our range already achieved is also sufficient for the missile defence shield projects

so we should hopefully avoid increasing range which at this stage could be attracting unnecessary attention but rather go for hypersonic plus plus and accuracy

also after we get sufficient technology from the mtcr members we should seriously CONSIDER ( i said consider and not go full steam ahead but consider ) signing the NPT ....why , ? because our defence arrangements regarding nuclear tech is already pretty solid .....even though china can block us from official membership, we can still get the tech from bi-lateral agreements via the waivers

regarding nuclear tech we are solidly doing our own research which is the pride and fear of many nations , not excluding the usa , ,,,... they too regard our nuke research scientists with awe

what we therefore would prefer to do is to get ourselves to be more " socially acceptable " and thereby get invitation and entry to the various high tables and get the economy to challenge that of china's

the great need of the day is economic development rather that defence although of course i am in no way advocating being lax in any area

the stigma of our 1974 test is mostly removed but still not entirely ... and we need to do a bit more to fully assure the international community eg EU .... and i think we can afford to sign that dastardly NPT even if we do not have a declared megaton device which after all is now considered to be less usefully than a larger number of smaller devices ....so the need to test for megaton is no longer a necessity and we have reached a desirable plateau as regards nuke devices and need technology in other areas and that will come a lot more easily if we sign npt

it will also put TREMENDOUS pressure on pakistan and psychologically will be an EARTHQUAKE for them !!! :scared2:

bottom line :_ defence wise we are more or less on track ....the big need is the economy and the perception of india for investment purposes and if we play ball with the west by co-operating with them on the vital dangerous areas ( eg NPT ) it will change their perception of us

and peskystan in contrast will become the INTRANSIGENT ROGUE ..... it will be like the 1960's in reverse where pak was the darling ....now we will be it and they will be the double-dealing terrorist incubator .....now that would be nice for a change wouldn't it ?

well the opportunity is in our hands , .......let's make the best of it !!:basanti:

@PrashantAzazel

@angeldude13 @Abhijat @Ancient Indian @anupamsurey @aliyah @Alien @angeldude13 @Abhijat @Ancient Indian @anupamsurey @aliyah @Alien @Aravind Sanjeev @A chauhan @asingh10
@aditya g @asianobserve @Bahamut @BATTLE FIELD @bose @Bornubus @brational @blueblood @Blackwater @Blood+ @bhai-117 @Bangalorean @bengalraider @Bengal_Tiger @biswas_k11
@cobra commando @Chirag @Chris Jude @Chinmoy @Cadian @DingDong @dhananjay1 @ersakthivel @FRYCRY @Gessler @garg_bharat @guru-dutt @Hari Sud @hit&run @HeinzGud @indiandefencefan @I_PLAY_BAD @Indian Devil @Indibomber @Jangaruda @jackprince @Kshatriya87 @LETHALFORCE @laughingbuddha @mhk99
@MetsaMan @Mark Antony @manutdfan
@maomao @Navneet Kundu @Neil @Nicky G @OneGrimPilgrim @pmaitra @parijataka @PaliwalWarrior @Pulkit @Rowdy @Razor @Rashna @rock127 @R.parida @shade @sasum @smestarz
@Sakal Gharelu Ustad @Srinivas_K @sunnyv @sgarg @sabari @Sameet2 @saik @sorcerer @Superdefender @sydsnyper @Sridevi @SREEKAR @Screambowl @Sylex21 @Tactical Frog @TejasMK3 @The enlightened @tejas warrior @tharun @thethinker @tsunami @VIP @VaghaDeva @Vishwarupa @Vishal Guts @Yusuf @Yumdoot @Zebra
For Increasing range, it's in our national security issue and won't be compromised at all.
India got MTCR membership not for stalling capabilities (we increase them), we got because we don't distribute them like Prasad as China does.
For NSG membership, it's only China who's blocking India. Not anyone else.
For Your Information:
India got MTCR membership just few days after it conducted a series of teats of sophisticated missile.
That says all about our reputation. :devil:

For economic development, India has been improving very fast in HDI, per capita income, internet subscriptions, poverty alleviation and elimination of open defecation.
Though I still not say there is something to boast about India, we must try to catch up with at least second world and east European countries in terms of development.:namaste:
For pakistan, I mostly ignore them now.

sorcerer

Country flag
:basanti:
Actually, we should cruise ahead and waste no more time in establishing means than theories on missile capabilities. As we have seen that the means have silenced our many pesky neighbors.
India has proved again and again and we have ask the world to screw their psychology in a very nice way.. India has a very strong policy on its developments and the waivers which we already got in nuclear deal showcase the exact confidence the world has on India.
India can build on that "NON PROLIFERATION" confidence and pursue its course in missile technology.

we already have a declared 5000 km capability which many know is actually more like 9000 km .... as long as we limit the range of our missiles to cover any point in china i am confident the international community will support us in any altercation with china or peskystan
Cant bet on the international community when there is a real world crisis but we can bet only on our own established technical capabilities to speak for us.
Support in altercations from international community is now reduced to how they put it "Chance pe dance marna " kind of a thing. Theres no more "safe" arrangements. IMO We should have a declared capability of 9000 KM and actuals which should extent very far beyond the expectations.
If the west can sign policies and still develop delivery mechanisms for the safety of "Home Land"..India should be able to do the same to protect the Motherland. India has a known track record of non proliferation.

This is the exact fear each nation has on each other but which each nations R&D continue to develop independently. What made India's entry glitch free into MTCR is the respect which India has because of its own spectrum of technical capability. Having capabilities on our own than cheap knock offs makes us a very valuable partner in the region. r-e-s-t-e-c-p-a. This gets us more favorable outcomes at all levels.

Being socially acceptable is good but being socially invited is more than good. When India "develops " to be able to deliver to certain challenges we become more socially "responsible"...acceptance will follow. Thats how it should work.

In order to develop, India should maintain its stand on indigenous development to a high level and never depart from the stance which it has taken now regarding many R&D projects or fine tuning the efficiency of such projects.
Look at how the world watched Operation Rahat and like.. Walk in the park for the mighty Indian force which showed the complete confidence of our force in dealing with situations.

pakistan will remain the biggest failure of its policies for the coming many decades.pakistan making itself relevant with India using nukes will not work anymore anymore. :D

India has the right deterrent environment when it comes to security and is an economy for safe investment. India is able to create a confident security environment because of the risk it took to develop "stuffs" on its own by standing up to the western pressures like NPT and other well crafted state equipments which the developed nations has put in from time to time like hurdles in a race.
This is the right time for India to show its true confidence and diplomatic might and get what ever it needs.
Well!! Diplomacy is like a warfare with more purpose.So far India seems to be getting what it rightly deserves.

The idea of Cooperating on "Western Perception" is very dangerous. Many one sided treaties has come out of this "Fear" "concern" and "perception" of the west.
West use perception as a tool to put other nations in a straight jacket.
As usual like what India does, should use the capabilities ,ethics and soft power to call the bluff named "perception" and bring them to the terms in real world so that the benefit is mutual and cooperative.

well the opportunity is in our hands , .......let's make the best of it !!
I agree!! :india:

Chinmoy

Country flag
thanx .. got it.. now .. .............is there any doctrine for Missile manufacturing?? i can recall before attacking Iraq..america though UN seized its many missiles..citing missile dimension,engines etc exceeding the premissible limit..
Sorry for replying to your old question. You have raised a valid question that whether India could export Brahmos to Vietnam or not.

Lets look at the history, Russia and India did developed Brahmos when there was arms embargo imposed on India. Keeping the MTCR is mind, Russia only developed a missile with 500 kg warhead and 290 km range, whereas Brahmos itself is based on P-800 with 600 km range.

Now lets look at the part which Russia did delivered. The engine and seeker is Russian, whereas the fuel tech and all the guidance is Indian. What would be the effect of India joining MTCR on export of this missile? None.

As per MTCR, India can't transfer the tech to Vietnam. By tech it means Fuel and guidance info. Engine and seeker tech would definitely not be shared by Russia. So technically and legally no one could stop India from exporting the current version of Brahmos to Vietnam.

As far as Missile manufacturing is concerned, MTCR has nothing to do with it technically. You are free to avail any available missile tech from any member. But yeah, the latest HCoC which India signed could have some effects on its long range missile programme. But again legally its not strong enough to stop any signatory from developing it.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
As far as Missile manufacturing is concerned, MTCR has nothing to do with it technically. You are free to avail any available missile tech from any member. But yeah, the latest HCoC which India signed could have some effects on its long range missile programme. But again legally its not strong enough to stop any signatory from developing it.
HCoC is nearly a dysfunctional (only for name) code which can only request you to not to expertize missile.
The only thing we will have to do will be just informing that we are testing it. :p

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Joining MTCR regime is more to do with India being a responsible nation who is transparent about its missile exports and related technology; who will abide by the export and import dictum of the regime.

No one is going to sell us any sophisticated technology regardless us being member of MTCR.

It will be business as usual of bilateral deals where any interesting vendor will sell us technology for money and other strategic quid-pro-quo/s or may not.

The key here is, that India is self sufficient or can foresee being a self sufficient nation in near future.

Also joining MTCR removes the stigma being a rouge nation who could allegedly do unconventional and illegal practices to acquire the technology. Now we can request for any technology, like I said by offering capital; usually to a friendly country. Having said that, India being a member and accepting its responsibilities will make our case strong to previously reluctant nations.

Our space program may benefit from this treaty (depending on if ISRO really needs it) as Russia was pressurized by the same regime read USA not to sell India cryogenic engines.

Akask kumar

thanx .. got it.. now .. .............
For Increasing range, it's in our national security issue and won't be compromised at all.
India got MTCR membership not for stalling capabilities (we increase them), we got because we don't distribute them like Prasad as China does.
For NSG membership, it's only China who's blocking India. Not anyone else.
For Your Information:
India got MTCR membership just few days after it conducted a series of teats of sophisticated missile.
That says all about our reputation. :devil:

For economic development, India has been improving very fast in HDI, per capita income, internet subscriptions, poverty alleviation and elimination of open defecation.
Though I still not say there is something to boast about India, we must try to catch up with at least second world and east European countries in terms of development.:namaste:
For pakistan, I mostly ignore them now.
range is not issue with India .. if we can put a satellite on mars then we can put a warhead payload in any nation on earth..I am sure there must be some secret MIssile program(Surya) that India hides from world and we play it safe and low to keep Big Daddys(west) happy..

hypersonic missile are new frontier in missile world which can easily enter enemy space tricking its defence shield as their trajectory cant be predicted..

certainly our scientist Both in DRDO and ISRO are working in this regard to match with the world..But if we have to lead the world in hypersonic missiles we should develop anti hypersonic defence system along with it..

Chinmoy

Country flag
HCoC is nearly a dysfunctional (only for name) code which can only request you to not to expertize missile.
The only thing we will have to do will be just informing that we are testing it. :p
:) even UN is dysfunctional, but it doesn't mean its out of picture. Yeah you would need some diplomatic play around to fool it, but its what you would need for sure, given Italy is there in it :).

Akask kumar

Joining MTCR regime is more to do with India being a responsible nation who is transparent about its missile exports and related technology; who will abide by the export and import dictum of the regime.

No one is going to sell us any sophisticated technology regardless us being member of MTCR.

It will be business as usual of bilateral deals where any interesting vendor will sell us technology for money and other strategic quid-pro-quo/s or may not.

The key here is that India is self sufficient or can foresee being a self sufficient nation in near future.

Also joing MTCR removes the stigma being a rouge nation who could allegedly do unconventional and illegal practices to acquire the technology. Now we can request for any technology, like I said by offering capital; usually to a friendly country. Having said that, India being a member and accepting its responsibilities will make our case strong to previously reluctant nations.

Our space program may benefit form this treaty (depending on if ISRO really needs it) as Russia was pressurized by the same regime read USA not to sell India cryogenic engines.
Yes you added a valid point that now we can officialy obtain crucial tech from friendly russia or any other india friendly MTCR nation which before was not possible.. and Yes no one will sell tech easily .. but ya one thing is for sure We wont face any sanctions from cunning US

Country flag
range is not issue with India .. if we can put a satellite on mars then we can put a warhead payload in any nation on earth..I am sure there must be some secret MIssile program(Surya) that India hides from world and we play it safe and low to keep Big Daddys(west) happy..

hypersonic missile are new frontier in missile world which can easily enter enemy space tricking its defence shield as their trajectory cant be predicted..

certainly our scientist Both in DRDO and ISRO are working in this regard to match with the world..But if we have to lead the world in hypersonic missiles we should develop anti hypersonic defence system along with it..
When you learn how to make something you are also gaining the knowledge to defend against it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Akask kumar

When you learn how to make something you are also gaining the knowledge to defend against it

I meant he Lag between the attack and defence. you can see it today ,our missile attack is good but defence shields are in its infancy.we dnt have to import any attack missiles but we rely heavily on imported defence shield. IF we want an edge over world then while developing HYpersonic missiles we have to overcome this lag.

Country flag
I meant he Lag between the attack and defence. you can see it today ,our missile attack is good but defence shields are in its infancy.we dnt have to import any attack missiles but we rely heavily on imported defence shield. IF we want an edge over world then while developing HYpersonic missiles we have to overcome this lag.
Almost three layers of bmd are complete I don't think there is a lag. PDV will be last big test

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
:) even UN is dysfunctional, but it doesn't mean its out of picture. Yeah you would need some diplomatic play around to fool it, but its what you would need for sure, given Italy is there in it :).
HCoC is far more pathetic and useless. That's what I'm saying. :p

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles